This is the Day that the Lord has made and we are celebrating it!! Just got back from church. What a wonderful reception from our church family! God got a standing ovation for Erin's return. We were definitely praising Him for all the blessings in our lives! As God's perfect timing would have it, the sermon today was about celebration. Great topic for our celebration of Erin's return to strength. Erin loved getting to see all her friends and they definitely loved all over her! I looked over to see her infamous germ-x bottle working overtime. :-) We were so blessed by all the good wishes and prayers offered for her continued healing.
"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together." Psalm 34:1-3
Tomorrow is her bone marrow biopsy. She is scared of the procedure as usual but anxious to get the good report we have been waiting on. The results will be available in a few days. After these results come in, the Drs will decide if Erin needs a Bone Marrow Transplant. Please pray she does not, it involves a whole other set of chemo and possibly some more serious long term side effects. If she does not need the transplant, she will still have 3 more rounds of chemo to go through. They call them consolidation rounds. I call them insurance rounds! They just insure that the leukemia stays gone. I feel in my spirit that the cancer was wiped out in round two, but we have to hear it from the Drs to be able to say the word remission. To God be the Glory! His provision has seen us through every step of this process and we rejoice in His grace and mercy. Thanks for praising with us in Erin's victories! love, janet
11 comments:
I'm so thankful Erin has been able to get out and about some. I can't wait to come over and visit soon!!!! Today our sermon was from, Psalm 118, "This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it." I'm rejoicing Erin was able to go to church today. We continue to keep you in our constant prayers. Love you, Terry
"honor and majesty are found in His presence; strength and joy are found in His sanctuary."
so glad you got to reunite with our wonderful church family!
continuing to pray for remission,
amanda g.
Janet...Your words here today ring of a deep deep faith....continue to stand on God's promises...I must confess to you sister, that I feel the same in my spirit regarding Erin's remission as well......To GOD be the glory for the things HE has done.....May our Father in heaven continue to still the waters beneath your feet, as you continue to walk upon the waves with your eyes never wavering from HIM!!!!
It was such a blessing to get to see you today Erin. In Sunday School this morning, the question was posed 'Do you ever shed tears of happiness in joy and celebration?" well....I sure did this morning as we all celebrated God's gift to us today, Erin with us!
I cannot begin to describe to you the feelings and emotions that ran through me when I walked through the sanctuary doors this morning. I was filled with love, hope, joy, peace, happiness, excitement, etc etc etc...I could go on forever! I pray that tomorrow will go smoothly and we will soon hear the infamous "R" word- it's in my heart and in my bones that its coming! I love you Erin and cannot wait to see you again on Thursday for dinner!
All smiles,
Monica
Hello Miss Erin,
We are so overjoyed by your recent freedom and know you must be praising God for the answered prayers and the light at the end of the tunnel (I know we are). We will keep praying you through the rest of the tunnel and will look forward to more good news, more great test results and more happy Erin days! We love you girl. Hang tough through the biopsy tomorrow. Can't wait to see the new purple hairdo (it's such a springy color!).
Love,
The Petersons
I cannot remember a more beautiful sight than the one God provided this morning. What a fabulous celebration to behold--a proud dad singing his heart out, a tearful mom in the pews, and the most beautiful smile on your face, Erin. I am crying tears of joy all over again as I write this. Praise our awesome God for days like this! Erin we are so happy that you are enjoying some "fun" things these days. I love your new hairdo; isn't it fun to try new styles? We are praying for peace for you during your procedure tomorrow, and continue to pray for your remission. We love you sweet girl!
The Sykes
Janet,
I feel it in my spirit too that the cancer is gone. The Holy Spirit has been providing words of thanks for THE complete healing while praying over your home. But yes, we must wait for the medical community to catch up with God! So let us know. In the meantime, we'll still be praying. I think a revival has broken out from this blog...Praise the Lord - the internet used for good. Love, Tracy Bishop
Erin, we have prayed for your comfort and peace today as you await test results. Two sets of scripture you can take with you:
". . .Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well." Matt 9:22
"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Phil 4:6
Drink these words as you drive to Emory today. You will be fine. Share your calm with your family, and they will also feel God's strength and peace at work! We continually pray you through it!
In Christ,
Susan Simpson
Erin:
So sorry we missed your debut but reading about it here has put pure joy and celebration in my heart!
William and I had planned to be out at the campground on Friday but school work made it impossible for us to do so but am overjoyed that you had such a welcoming committee! I so wanted to see which "do" you chose for your debut!
We continue to pray for a clean biopsy and the word remission to be shouted from the doctors lips upon the results coming back!
I will be seeing Susan Kirkman on Thursday at EQUATE and will ask her about accessing her facebook so that we can view the pics of your debut at the campground in the meantime we will continue to lift you and your family in prayer!
Peace and Grace,
The Cotners
Erin i just wanted to let you know that i am still praying for you! i hope all is well and i love you!
~Mary Ann McMillan~
Post a Comment