Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Going home!! 3/19

Good morning Good and Faithful Friends,
Thanks so much for walking this journey with us. You inspire us to keep our chins up and our eyes on the Lord. Erin had a MUCH better day yesterday. Her pain and nausea subsided, thanks be to God!! She was able to eat and walk her mile. What a difference from the agony of Monday. Isn't it cool to see how God has been answering our prayers? It is so awesome to watch these amazing turn-arounds!! We are so thankful!!


" Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?
Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer."
Psalm 6:2-4,9

Isn't that just the verse for Erin!?? WOW!!

We are scheduled to go home this morning, we are just waiting on the Dr. I don't know our numbers yet but I assume they are close to the same...low. Erin really wanted to attend Easter service this Sunday but with her counts so low and her recent temp episode, I think we had best stay home. Please know we miss being there to experience God's presence in worship but we know His presence is with us here as well. Love to you all. janet

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that you are going home this morning!

Praying for a speedy recovery from this round.

Love,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that you are feeling a little relief from this weeks events.....GREAT to hear that you could go home today ...I know you must "feel" better being in your own space.......we continue to lift you all and pray for REMISSION!!!!....It breaks our hearts to hear of the days when you feel bad....and it gives our hearts a leap of joy to hear of the good days....You are a bastion of the Lords strength...and you are a shining light to us all...You constantly make us aware of the might that is held in HIS hand.....You constantly make us aware of the level of HIS love...You constantly make us aware of the expanse of HIS might.....Erin...sweet sister....We love you.....and we know that God is surrounding you in this time....holding your hand...and leading you through this trip ....on the path to REMISSION......our faith is not hoping that GOD can....our faith is in KNOWING GOD WILL........Have a wonderful day....we love you dear sister!!!

Anonymous said...

I love you sisp and I am so happy for to go you home.. haha. I love you! I will see you this weekend... maybe in your boredom you can read to me and learn about anatomy or anthropology or injuries... you pick. I love you and I can wait to see you. I hope you have a good day and travel safely home in the stormy weather that is approaching!

Love
Little Sister

Treonas said...

I am so happy you are going home! You have been on my mind constantly and I just continue to pray for you and your family. I found this quote, "A champion is someone who gets up, even when she can't". Erin you are a champion! Love you, Terry

Hope said...

Yay...bone pain and nausea is better! And you are going home...wow. What a great God we have!!

LOVE YOU!

-Kristen M.

Margaret said...

I'm so glad you get to go home...God is good all the time!

There is one downfall with you being at home-The Moore Butz team has threatened to dress up as the Easter Bunny and hop on over to give you your latest M&M treatment. BEWARE!

Love you so much!
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa...you could get primo parking and stay warm inside! You remember last year's sonrise service?!?!?! FREEZING!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
-Psalm 37:4

I love you and I'm so glad you get to go home today...enjoy the sound of rain and let it drift you to sleep! (That's what I plan on doing after work!)

-Monica

Skoots1moM said...

Proverbs 3:7-8
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and "nourishment to you bones".

So glad you're going home!
Praise God! \o/
Ms. Susan
~:>

Kathleen said...

Praise! Praise! Praise! Praise!

So thrilled that you are getting to go home today -- I am sure your bed is just as thrilled, I am sure its been missing the heck out of you! There is nothing like being among your comforts.

We pray the pain and nausea stays away and that we soon read the words "Erin is in REMISSION" from your Mom or Dad. We continue to lift you and your family in prayer in DISCIPLE 1 as well as in Sunday School and in our daily prayer time.

You have such strength and have become such an inspiration to the young people of the church and that is so AWESOME! Your strength and will to not to give in to this terrible monster is just a sign that the Holy Spirit is in you and is helping in your fight and is also a sign of your strongth faith. Keep that faith and assurance --

Know that you are deeply loved by your Church family and anxiously await your presence back in church -- sorry to hear you will not be able to attend services this weekend but soon enough and what a glorious Sunday that will be!

Peace and Grace,
The Cotners

Dorothy Harden said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! Going home - what a beautiful picture of peace and quiet, comfort, familiarity, your own bed!!

I had to search for this one, but Isaiah has some beautiful words from chapter 32: 17-18 "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest."

We continue to pray for you throughout each and every day and trust God to bring complete and total healing.

Blessings,
The Harden's

The Stills said...

I thought of you at Carter's concert last night. They sang a beautiful song "Oculus non vidit" Latin for:

"No one has ever seen, no one has ever heard, no human heart has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him" I Corinthians 2:9

Love and Praying Hard,
The Stills