Good Sabbath, Today is so pretty outside, we are thankful for the window to enjoy it. Erin has been feeling very nauseous these last 24 hours. They have her on a scopolamine patch, the kind you wear when you go on a cruise for seasickness. It doesn't seem to be helping. She is allergic to 3 of the main antinausea meds so her choices are limited. She still stays on Zofran around the clock but it just doesn't work by itself. Anyway, she is battling it all in good humour, she keeps threatening to throw up on me, like she thinks I'm scared!! Ha!
We have a praise for some good news this morning. Her spinal tap came out clean again!! Thank you Lord! I should also list the lack of rash as another praise since they thought it was the chemo that gave it to her last time and she hasn't developed it this time. Must be the M&M therapy from the alternative Drs Moore and Butz.
Please pray for an end to the nausea and the energy to walk and eat. Also for no repeat of the mouth sores. Her counts should start dropping in the next few days and that is when her mouth is in danger. We just had a lovely visit from Erin's cousins from Fl. They were in town for the weekend and came to hug her neck. God has been so good to provide everthing we need when we need it most. We are so blessed by you all!!
"The rigtheous cry out and the Lord delivers them out of all their troubles! "Ps 34:17
Thanks for "crying out" on Erin's behalf. janet
7 comments:
Praise God for the results of the spinal tap! woo hoo!!! Go Erin!
"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1
Love,
Vicki and David
Erin B! God's watching out for you my friend day and night. During the last round each night I naturally woke up in the middle of the night and you were placed on my heart. I would pray for you, and then the Lord let me rest some more. When you were home from the hospital I slept well, I did not wake up once. Your back, and God has me back on the night shift! Three nights in a row now I have woken up around 4am for no apparent reason except to pray for you. Know you are being watched over 24/7! I love you!
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Cor 1:2-4
Celebrating with you and continuing to pray for Erin.
I saw a Facebook group in the Peachtree Ridge Network that Anthea had joined called "Pray 4 Ms Blonshine" (although I think your last name was spelled wrong). It is remarkable how many groups are sending up the sweet fragrance of prayers to our Lord on your behalf!
Hi all, this is Joellen's friend Libby. About the nausea...I'm wondering if Erin has tried/is allowed to try "Sea Bands." They are basically pressure point wrist bands that helped me get through the morning sickness of early pregnancy. They should be available at a local drugstore for about $10. Just an idea...and of course I'll keep praying!
Yeah for wonderful test results! Thank you so much for sharing Amanda with us this weekend!!! I have just gotten in from the Women's Retreat and gotten updated on your comments. What a wonderful weekend we had in the mountains. You were thought of often! The theme Generation to Generation left me thinking about all of my
"old", I mean, former youth! I am so proud of all of you guys! What a blessing to have watched you grow in your faith and to now see you encouraging yet another generation! The Blonshine's turn out some pretty good offspring!!! Take care of one another... I sent a hug for each of you via Amanda! Lots of love,
Kristie
Just wanted to let you know you are on my mind and in my heart. I know I haven't written as much lately on the blog but I do read it daily. I love you Erin! Hopefully when school calms down a little and these darn kiddos stop giving me their germs, I will be able to come visit you...maybe Spring Break! Love you darlin!
-Monica
Chin up girlfriend, you are fighting a great fight this time. You can do this, we are all behind you.
LOL Nik
Post a Comment