Dear Family and Friends,
Thanks for your love!! Erin is having a very bad day. This is her low point for this round. She is having a lot of bone pain in her legs. Her pain is 10 out of 10 and the tears break my heart. They can't seem to get the pain under control. They just keep bringing more Dilaudid and it isn't working. Now they gave her Ativan and she is knocked out but when she wakes briefly, she says it still hurts, even while she is asleep. We praise God for the knowledge that bone pain is a sign of regrowth in her marrow. So I guess, no pain, no gain. L&D nurses love that phrase! She is also experiencing alot of nausea and can't seem to keep down the bucket of pills they want her to take. Hopefully, the pain will only last a day or 2, that is how I remember it from the first round. Obviously we are asking for specific prayers for her bone pain and nausea, but I'd also like to add her need to worry to the list. She is a worrier you know!
On the bright side she was able to watch and enjoy the GA basketball game and is proud that they are SEC champs!! Go Dawgs!
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21
Thanks for the prayers, we are depending on the Good Lord to listen! love, janet
16 comments:
Erin,
You are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus! Praying for you.
In His Love,
Kirsten
Erin:
We will pray for the pain to cease and that your need to worry to dissipate. You could not be in better hands and the Lord is looking over you and also taking care of you! Its okay to let Jesus take the wheel - as difficult as it may seem to be, just let him take it.
We are so glad that you had such a strong week at home and we pray that you get back home soon! There's something to be said about sleeping in your own bed!
This happened so we should rely, not on ourselves, but only on God -2 Corinthians 1:9
We love love love you!
Peace and Grace,
The Cotners
Good Morning Erin:
I am so very sorry that our therapy isn't taking away your pain. Please know that we are praying for you to feel the strength we know you possess to get through this temporary side effect.
Personally, I blame our current failure on my partner Dr. Butz. In my way of thinking, Butz pain and Bone pain are too similar to ignore. We know you don't have ticks, so P/A Blessing and I feel our part of the therapy is working. However, I still have faith that Dr. Butz will be able to find a solution to this Butz/Bone pain dilemma you face. For my part, I'm working on something in the Chocolate Easter Candy Department that is showing promise of relief for you. We'll deliver it as soon as testing is complete. (That's right... We're using Nic as a guinea pig again. Someones got to be first and Nat assures me it won't be her.)
We think about you and pray for you more than can imagine!
All Our Love and Prayers!
Dr. Ken and the
Blessing-Moore-Butz Team.
We are praying for you, knowing that the LOrd is carrying Ering along her journey. Thanks for the updates and be encouraged in the knowledge that Erin serves a faithful, loving Father.
"The world of the generous gets larger and larger...The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped."
-Proverbs 11:24-25
At first I didn't understand how this verse was going to fit into my day. Then, after reading your blog it all clicked! You have been blessing others around you through your show of faith and strength that it is now your turn to be "abundantly" blessed through Christ! It amazes me every day that I read the blog and comments at how many people know and love you for who you really and truly are- a strong, courageous, loving, woman of God who is fighting with everything she has and all that those around you have to win this ugly battle against leukemia. I can't begin to imagine the pain you are going through. But my mom did have a saying when we were little when our bones hurt- she used to say that they were "growing pains" and that it meant we were growing. As it appears Tim had the most "growing pains" since he's the tallest of all of us! So these are your growing pains, Erin- growing new, fresh, stronger bones for the next chapter of your life! I say keep on growing! But I will say with less pain, please God!
I hope the pain gets a little less day by day and the sickness goes away. I love you darlin!
-Monica
You are frequently on my heart. I sing songs of praise to God for you - I sing the blues to God for you. I smile when I think of you and how you have blessed me by loving my daughter - and I know others feel the same way.
You are not alone. And, Erin, (just between you and me) I used to be a chronic worrier. So I know how that feels.
Dear Erin,
We are praying for the pain to diminish. "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24) We know that God hears and knows your every need.
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)
God loves you with an everlasting love and is holding you in the palm of His hand! We love you!
Blessings,
The Harden's
Blonshine family, I am praying that God will take away Erin's pain and replace it with the assurance that He is working a miracle in her body right now. Please know that we love you all and are faithfully lifting each of you before the throne. Be strong in the Lord and know He has your backs!!!
Love,
Sheri
Hey there Kiddo,
Well then . . . thank God for the pain! If it means you are healing then that's what you need. Tell me that little temp that put you back in the hospital wasn't His timing. Imagine what it would be like without the pain killers . . . it's all part of His plan.
Hang in there Erin. As tough as all this must be for you, God doesn't put more on your plate than you can handle.
Know that you are constantly in our prayers. I love you Kiddo.
Uncle Ron
"Erin go bra...........vely"
as you endure the pain of getting better.
Happy St. Patty's!!
(Sorry, corny I know, but I couldn't resist) I hoping desperately to make you giggle :)
Praying you lots and lots comfort from His Word--
Ecclesiastes 8:5-6
“Erin obeys his command and “ will come to no harm. For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though “Erin’s” misery weighs heavily upon “her”.
Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts “Erin”, and his people and will have compassion on “Erin” and his afflicted ones.
Isn't it GREAT to KNOW we are God's PEEPS!!
--------------------------------
A few Irish blessing for you, too!
May you have:
A world of wishes at your command
God and his angels close at hand
Friends and family their love impart,
And Irish blessings in you heart.
These things I warmly wish to you-
Someone to love
Some work to do
A bit o' sun
A bit o' cheer
And a guardian angel always near.
XXXXXXs & 000000s
Susan, Charles and Channing
Take comfort knowing that the Lord's ears are burning with prayers as those who love you are running before the throne of grace raising petitions for your healing and your comfort. It kills us to hear that you're suffering, but we are so grateful that this pain means that you are getting better. We all love you and will pray continually.
The Lord will fulfill His purpose for you. His love endures forever. He won't abandon the work of His hands. (para. Psalm 138:8)
Whitney
Hang in there Erin,
You conquered the first round, and you can do it again. Remember that even though it seems horrible right now, God will not give you more than you are strong enough to handle. He can & WILL work miracles in your life - just look at our amazing Dawgs......3 wins in 15 hours (now that was a miracle after the regular season we had)!!!
We love & miss you, and are all looking forward to seeing your beautiful, smiling face in the halls at PRHS.
Love,
Lori Jacobi & Cheer Lions
Hey Erin! I'm so sorry to hear of the pain you are going through but I'm glad you are in the hospital where they can take care of you and drug you up; you made it just in time! Also, go dawgs and happy saint patrick's!! I wore green socks to school today and they made me take them off because they were against dress code! LAME!! Anyway, I'm glad you are healing and God will take away the pain just as fast as it came! Love you, Jessie
Erin!
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. The bright side of this is the fact that sunshine is ahead, and you'll feel better soon. I'm praying for you.
God has you in His hands, girl. I can feel it. He has his arms wrapped around all of us. Can't you hear Him cheering you on? He loves you, just like me. :D
I hope you have an amazing week. Come home soon! I love you.
Lauren
It's so hard to endure the pain, and it's so hard to watch someone as they endure the pain. Our prayers are even greater now in number and insistence. Praise God that we can call on Him with increased fervor, and He will grant our requests. Read carefully this quote from Mary Morrison Suggs:
"As we are reminded through our burden of our utter weakness without Christ, we are given the strength to go on."
We pray for strength and endurance today, with the promise of reasons for smiles tomorrow.
God bless you--
Susan Simpson
We are praying for your pain to subside and for God's comforting strong hand to get you through until it does Erin. Can you feel him holding you tight? He is, just like your mom or dad would when you were little and fell and scraped your knee or bumped your head.
You are loved!
Post a Comment