Saturday, August 1, 2009

donor details

Good Morning Everyone, Thank you for your prayers! We found out a couple of details about the new donor yesterday. It is a 21 year old guy. We don't know if he is local yet, but we should find out Monday. At first I was a little leary of a 21 year old, since I know a few... but then I thought, what an incredible kid this must be to sign up to give an amazing gift like this. Wow, isn't God using him in a lifegiving capacity? If he only knew how blessed we are to have him in our lives. So please continue to pray for this young man as he starts this process. I pray he is as blessed by this as we are. We also found out that Erin will have to have a spinal tap on Monday as part of the prep for the transplant. She is NOT looking forward to that! Also they were unable to get her booked for her line change at Emory, so she is getting that done at Crawford Long on Tues morning. So much going on, please pray!! Erin had fun at the mall and definitely got her walking in. Then Aunt Jo bought her a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer (her secret dream), in GA red of course, and they made cookies with it yesterday. Yum! Erin loves to bake. So, all in all, a good day. love you, janet

"God's gifts and His call are irrevocable" Romans 11:29

Love that!!

11 comments:

Kim Lockhart said...

just wanted to let you all know we haven't stopped praying for everyone involved in Erin's fight. we love you.

Robin Lambright said...

A new kitchenaide, WOW. I love mine.

What wonderful news about the donor, to have such a generous spirit at such a young age. That is truly amazing and a definite sign of God's provision.

Continued prayer for every aspect along this path to the transplant and post recovery.

Blessings
Robin

brittanydyan said...

KitchenAid stand mixers=best!

You really can't make a good cheese cake without one. I expect to see lots of baked goodies from you soon.

I am so thankful to God for providing this young man who will be your donor. I will pray for his readiness and for all of the not-so-fun hurdles to jump this week.

Love you and praying for you throughout this process.

Love,
Brittany

Jennifer Marlowe said...

uh, so JEALOUS of the stand mixer. I've had that on my list for 4 years now!!

Unknown said...

It sounds as if everything is falling in place. That boy must be really special to do this for someone he doesn't even know! Praise the Lord!!

Erin will be blessed with success, I am sure.

Love, Eunice

Unknown said...

Erin, just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you and will continue to pray that you will be blessed and healed.We love you.
Eric,Carolanne and Sarah

Skoots1moM said...

what a blessing to get a kichenaide!! even a bigger blessing having the 21yo gentleman being so brave and giving. praying for continued rest and any anxieties being washed away by his promises!
love you all XX00XX
your birthday buddy!!! i posted a pick of you, marty and me as a prayer reminder...we'll do something special after you finish this stuff up and can get out and about, ok?

Anonymous said...

Hi Blonshines! How neat to get a little bit of information about your donor! We will continue to pray for you, Erin and your donor!

I hope you had a great day at the mall and had fun making cookies with your new fancy pants mixer!

We love you, Erin in the green shirt!
Pam
PS... Janet, just wanted to let you know that Elizabeth turned 1 today. Can you believe a year ago today you became her oldest friend in the world!?

Libby said...

Sounds like what aunts are for--I'm glad y'all had fun!

-C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-C said...

God is truly amazing. Erin, I have been praying for you since your original battle last year, to be honest I have not been by the blog in months... since last I heard you were in remission. I am not entirely certain what or who lead me to click on the link this afternoon, but I did... and while I am so sad to hear you are going through all of this again, I am so honored to be a small part of the fight. I went to UGA and lived downstairs from you in Abby West (With Christy Lanter (Young)), I am not sure if you remember me... not important really... but please know that I am praying for you! I also made an appointment to donate platelets which I used to do all the time... but have not done in a while. I am hoping you won't need them, but I am A+ so if you do, before you make the switch to your new type... they're out there for the taking (as of Tuesday)! ;)

Cynthia Robinson