Good Morning Prayer Warriors, Today is supposed to be Erin's day of rest, meaning no chemo. Yeah! She had an o.k. night and is feeling a little nausea today but it is better than before. Now the new thing is her skin is super sensitive. That usually happens when her counts are getting ready to drop. We are just thankful to be getting going with this whole process. The transplant could happen tomorrow or Fri. It is rather anticlimactic. It is just a bag of blood through her IV. The cells then migrate to her marrow and set up shop. It takes a few days for the "engraftment" to take place and then the battle begins for dominance. So you can see, prayers are really needed. We appreciate your prayers so much.
Apparently after I left last night, Bill and Jo and Erin had some rousing games of Skip Bo. Now, don't you think it was sly of them to take advantage of Erin while she is on medication? In our family, Erin ALWAYS wins that game. But, alas, Bill and Jo got to win for once. Good thing they don't play for money!
Blessings on your day. May you have a restful day too. hugs, janet
"This is what the Lord says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.'" Jeremiah 6:16
P.S. AMEN Cindy Sykes
3 comments:
Erin,
I am glad that you are feeling better than yesterday and that you were able to get some rest. I am praying that you continue to feel better and that your body is prepped and ready for transplant. I had no idea that it was bag of blood. I don't know what I was expecting, but I will be praying for the bag of blood's safety in flight and for its reception in your body.
Take your SkipBo victory crown back tonight!
We serve an awesome God. Jesus calms storms. I will remember this in my prayers this week "Even the winds and the waves obey him!" Matthew 8:27
Let 'em feel lucky while they can, kiddo...we know the SKIPBO champ of champs!
Eager for that bag 'o blood to arrive safely, in good order and ready to do its job. May God forever bless the young man who is giving of himself in your time of need :)
Today's Facebook scripture:
"...hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught...encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it." Titus 1:9
Praises for a day of rest...hope it truly was that for you as you get ready for the big day. I think it is wonderful that this amazing bone marrow can be transplanted in such a way. It was such a surprise to me when a family member experienced that...I was looking for some surgeons! I'm praying Cindy Sykes perfect prayer...it says it all.
The Stills
Post a Comment