Thursday, January 3, 2008
Well the Dr just left. Erin has AML which is the adult type of Acute leukemia. She will begin treatment tomorrow and they are using a group of 3 drugs for the first 10 days to start. then they reevaluate and go from there. We are blessed because we originally thought we were dealing with a rare type that incorporated both ALL and AML. So you see, your prayers are being heard and God is answering. Davis (our pastor) was here to listen to the results with us and that was comforting. Thank you all for the verses you send, we love them!!! Please keep praying, tomorrow starts the hard stuff. Right now Erin is feeling o.k. just some nausea, but not enough to keep her from playing a little guitar hero!! Thanks Lisa for sending Erin's name to Mozambique. Wow we have worldwide coverage, heaven will wonder what all the noise is about! We love you all and thank you again for your prayers. Erin wanted me to tell you she is sad she won't be on Jr high retreat but she'll catch you next time. love, janet
21 comments:
That's some good news! The light at the end of the leukemia tunnel gets brighter! YAY! Can't wait to see you this weekend...I'll call before I come in case you aren't feeling real well. Love you bunches!
Monica
Great News!!
Obviously some credit needs to go to Dr. Rip and Dr. Ken for bringing the Doctor Bear. He did his magic. Then of course, it might be the picture of the two "Doctors" that scared all the germs and other evil spirits away. And Davis being there... OK, he gets some credit too. Plus your "real" Doctors... they get some credit, but only secondary to Davis, Rip and Ken, and Doctor Bear.
Remember, tomorrow is escape day. You will make the Retreat if our plan comes together.
All our love and prayers,
Dr. Ken, Dr. Rip and Doctor Bear.
Erin - Fabulous news! We have been praying for you and your family and the doctors since we got the first e-mail. I kept waking up last night (something I rarely do) and the first thing I thought of each time was the Blonshine family. God wanted to be sure you were covered in prayer 24-7! Be assured that God is hearing all the prayers for you and your family. I know you already put on the full armor of God and he knows you intimately - he will take care of you during this time. Love to all of you. Karen
I am so glad we got to see you today. Through everything your smile is still as bright. I will be praying for a speedy recovery. In the words of one of my students today "If He brings you to it, He will get you through it!" Keep your head up, and your fingers on that guitar hero :) Enjoy the beautiful view, we dont see that in Gwinnett!
With love and prayers,
Kimberly Sharp
Praise the Lord!
"You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways."
Psalm 139:2-3
Know God is with you these next few days during the treatment! He knows what's going on and He'll help all of you! Amanda's GCSU crowd is praying constantly for you and your family.
Katie Landress
Hey Erin,
This is Kelly. You know from youth.
I will miss you on the winter retreat!!! I hope you get feeling better soon! Everyone misses you! I read this blog everyday!!!
Hope you feel better soon!
~Kelly Bryan~
Dear Erin,
Please know that you have been constantly in our thoughts and prayers. There is not a doubt in my mind that with your strong faith, your sweet and special personality, and the incredible love and support from your family and friends - that you will get through this and move on to the bright and happy future that you so much deserve. In the meantime, as you go through the tough times in the hospital, please know that you are much loved and have such a special place in all of our hearts. Keep your chin up - keep smiling - and know that we are all praying constantly and pulling for you!! Our love, Aunt Sherry & Uncle Chris
Hi Erin,
It's good to hear that our prayers are being heard (loud and clear). I never had a doubt!!! Be brave, and trust that God (and of course the Doctors) will bring you through this.
All the kids will surely miss you this weekend!!!!! You are soooooo loved :)
Blessings,
Janice Lutz
Janet, Erin and family,
Just a little note to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. We know the God is the great physician and healer and through him all things are possible. Know that you are loved and prayed for daily. Thanks for the updates and I will be in touch.
Love in Christ,
Lisa Higginbotham
DEAR ERIN,
I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT THE NEWS IS BETTER. WE'RE ALL GOING TO MISS YOU AT CAMP GLISON & I HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER.GOD WILL GET YOU THROUGH & WELL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.
LOVE,
HUNTER TIBBETTS
So-
It's God, Erin, me, and hundreds (if not thousands) of prayers
VS
some measly AML.
MY MONEY'S ON THE FIRST, BABY!
Please send along my love to Erin; I'm thinking about her practically constantly! I cannot wait to see her again!! [:
-Peter Schnaak
Love, love, love you Erin. I hope to get to see you sometime soon, when I am over this cold. Will you be up for the fondue by then? I'll even spring for those little cheesecakes---or maybe those cream puffs, those sure are good.
One of my favorite verses when I am tired and weary comes from Isaiah 43:1-2, 5
But now, this is what the Lord says--he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed, you, O Israel, Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name and you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk throught the fire, you will not be burned. Do not be afraid, for I am with you!!
Praying that you believe this witha all your heart and it becomes a reality in your life!!!
Blessings,
Linda
Erin,
Please know that you are in our thoughts constantly as you try to get through this difficult time of "poking ,prodding,and swallowing pills"! We love you and want you to know we are praying that God will give you strength,and also wisdom for your doctors. Your incredible faith and spirit will get you through this! We love you!
P.S. Sarah wants to tell you something:
i love you from sarah
Take care sweetie!
Love,Eric,Carolanne,and Sarah Amie
TO ERIN,
i love you from sarah cause you r sick. and from the family.
Love,
sARAH BLONSHINE
Erin & Family,
I haven't stopped thinking about you since we heard the news. You are in our prayers. I know you are going through some tough times, but stay strong and know that God is always right by your side through it all.
Thanks for the updates...we will be reading daily :)
Love,
Theresa (Larkins) & Joey Woodall
Erin,
Verna and I were shocked when we heard the news. We are so glad that there is an upside.
My situation was similar (16+ years ago)...Coming from experience, Chemo is Chemo (hair grows back), always remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My happiest day was when I let go and let God. I felt as though the largest weight had been lifted from my shoulders.
Hope to see you soon. I look forward to wearing our "Survivor" shirts in the next Relay For Life.
P.S. Verna creates the Prayer List at our church (North River Community Church - Lawrenceville) and was about to add you but someone else on the Prayer Team had already made a request. How cool is that? Someone who knows/works with someone from your Church.
Michael, Verna Kechriotis (Anthea’s Mom and Dad)
Good morning! I hope you were able to get some rest last night. I wanted to share what was in my devotion this morning... "There will be times of security for you - a storehouse of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge". Isaiah 33:6. I love the thought of God being our stability. Words to a familiar hymn ring in my soul: "On Christ the Solid Rock, I stand/ All other ground is sinking sand / All other ground is sinking sand," God's benefits include the daily treasures of His strength and a sure foundation.
I'm so thankful for His strength! I love you guys, Terry
Blonshines,
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. Whoever came up with the word "BLOG" must have been lying in a hospital bed with nothing to do, but I'm sure glad they did! There are so many people that love you all, that this blog is a great way to communicate the good news from yesterday and the days to come. We will continue to lift you all up in our prayers. Give each other a hug for us and we'll keep bugging you with more blog posts!
~The Petersons
Erin- my little peach- I hope you will be feeling better soon! I just heard the news from Joni, but I want you to know my thoughts and prayers go out to you! I know you are going to bounce back soon! I love you girl! :)
Brittany Haddock
I am happy to hear that You only have the adult AML. I know you still have a journey ahead, but all of us here are praying for a speedy recovery and plenty of discernment. And yes Janet I am even praying when I go pottie. Ha! Ha! We love you all. Call if you need anything. Nicole
Post a Comment