Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Tues 1/15 0900
Good Morning!! Thank you for your prayers, we feel them for sure!!! Erin had a rough night last night, lots of nausea!! Turns out they were giving her antinausea meds on schedule with her chemo and since that stopped yesterday, she didn't get any. So we asked them to restart the zofran on schedule to avoid another night like that!! Yesterday they put her on a Dilaudid PCA ( a patient controlled pain drip) so she is feeling a little better. She still hasn't eaten anything in 3 days. She has been able to drink a cup or 2 of water a day. I told her as long as she was fasting, we would all be praying!!The Dr gave us the bone marrow results yesterday although they are hard to understand. He said they got poor growth on the sample and were unable to do the conventional cytogenetic studies. However they were able to do some specific "fish" studies (don't think I spelled that right) and they were negative for chromosomal abnormalities. Basically he said it was good news. And she doesn't have to have another bone marrow biopsy this week as they originally told me, it will be 18-25 days after the chemo stopped, so that is great news to Erin. We take it all one day at a time!! God is answering our prayers. It comforts me to know God loves Erin more than I do and He has a plan for her that will bring Him Glory!!! love to all you prayer warriors!! janet
34 comments:
Erin:
Even though you are not eating, what a blessing it is to know that you are being nourished by God.
You are loved by sooooo many.
Kathy
Erin,
I am glad to hear good news, but sorry you still can't eat. When all this is over and you are up to it, we will have a Fun Food Week just for you. We are praying for you and miss you.
Love,
Stephen and Rebekah
Erin
This morning's post gave me chills to know the way prayer is working in your life. Thank you Janet for keeping us "in the loop". Prayers to all of you. Love Carolyn
Good Morning Precious Erin....
May our Father bless you today with smiles.....Lots of big old goofy smiles.....We'd love to see the ones that your mom and dad come up with ....and to see yours that are given in return....
Father, bless this precious girl today...that even though there is pain...even though there is tummy trouble...Father, bless her with big old goofy smiles....and laughter.....Father, as YOU tend to healing her body...give her a glimpse of tomorrow...when her mouth is healed and the nausea is gone...when the answer to all these prayers is given ......Father, let her look at tomorrow and smile....at the wonder and magnitude of what YOU have done is seen in full light....Father, bless the Blonshines...Father, be so very close to them all right now, that they feel the warmth of Your breathe upon their faces.....surround them with Your mighty arms and give to them a renewed dose of YOUR strength...of YOUR presence....of YOUR love.....let today be good for them Lord......IN JESUS' MIGHTY AND HOLY NAME.....AMEN.....
Blonshines,
Ditto. I couldn't have said a more beautiful prayer than the Bledsoe's (above). We will continue to lift you up daily. Thank you again for keeping us all posted with the blog.
I was working on the youth Spring Break brochure yesterday and going through last year's pictures. Of course, I came across some of Erin, full of smiles, full of passion and fun. I prayed for you the whole time. I also ran across one of Amanda (also full of smiles, passion and fun) that is quite memorable! I'll have to print one out and send it your way, to add to your room decorations.
Praying for a pain-free, nausea-free day. Many blessings to you all,
~Kathy Peterson
Hi Erin!
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. The Knapik's LOVE you so much, and we miss you terribly. I hope you have a better day and a restful night.
Love to you all!
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara
Blonshine's: My absolute favorite verse in times of struggles is Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest". He knows you will get weary as you go through the healing process. All your prayer warriors are calling upon him to give you rest and healing (especially those painful mouth sores - ice cream will be waiting for you Erin!) We love you and our prayers continue - Karen and Steve
Erin and family,
I have been keeping up daily with your blog and praying for you. I added you to the prayer list in my Sunday school class (The Goodlife at Sugarloaf UMC), and one of my friends in the class participates in Triathalons supporting Leukemia/ Lymphoma Society, and she asked me if Erin was sponsored yet. Her name is Kim Hartz, and I gave her your blog site.
Cory
I am giving blood today in your honor. And I am going to register for the National Bone Marrow Bank!
I encourage everyone else that reads this to do the same.
I love you, Erin!!
-Kristen Mac
Hello Miss Erin,
What a fortunate and blessed girl you are. (I know you might not feel fortunate right now). And NO, not because you have Rip and I "working" on your behalf. Who wouldn't feel fortunate to have us on their team ;). But because of your Wonderful Mom and family. All I know is this. If I am ever in the need of medical care and comfort, as you are now, I'm calling your Mom. What a blessed girl you are to have her there! Along with your needs, we pray for her peace, comfort and support.
All our Love and Prayers!
Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.
That is so awesome that you are all keeping your eyes on HIM and keeping him in the center of this 'bad' situation! I am thinking about Erin and the fam daily. We all are and I know that Erin has already touched so many lives. Erin, God has already used you through this time! :P
Erin,
I pray that God will continue giving you and your family strength during this time. You are definitly in my thoughts and prayers each day. We miss you and await your return.
Love,
LaShawnia Stinson
Assistant Principal
Peachtree Ridge High School
Erin,
You are so sweet and i know that God is going to do great wonders for you. Keep your head up and your praise high and you will be better in no time! Love you much
Amanda Adamski
PS Let me know when i can come visit you. I would love to see you!
Hey Ms. Blonshine im am so glad to hear the good news. Most of the students in Mrs. Dean's class last year are now in Mr. Dean's class this year, everyone is praying for you and we were talkin about how much we enjoyed you being in
Mrs. Dean's class last year with us. Your the best Erin, keep your head up.
From,
Lashi
Erin:
We are keeping you in our prayers daily. My daughter, Taylor, is a Varsity Football cheerleader at Peachtree Ridge and her kindergarten teacher was Shari Griffin that I know has sent you a comment or maybe has even visited you now. She was in your same situation almost 20 years ago and is a great success story just like you will be. We will continue to follow the blog and have you in our prayers. Kathy Anderson
Erin,
You can add Chicago and Miami to you map of prayers, as Dean and I have family in both spots praying for you.
All my love,
Joanna Feldman
Erin -
My name is Kim Hartz, and I go to church with Cory Valentine. She told us about your condition, and I wanted you to know that I am praying for you. Also - I am involved with Team in Training - a division of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that trains people to compete in endurance events to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma research. I'm not sure if you are interested or not, but each team competes in honor of an "Honored Teammaate", who has gone through some sort of blood cancer. I would like to add you as one of my team's personal heroes, and wondered if you had been in touch with the society at all. If this sounds appealing to you or you have any questions, Cory has my contact information. Again, I wish you the best of luck!
Kim Hartz
I don't know you, your family, or friends, but happened to stumble across this blog. I just wanted to remind you of the power of prayer, and give you encouragement in the fact that people you have never, and likely will never, meet are praying for your recovery.
May God, who uses all things for His glory, continue to work in your life and guide you to healing!
- Zach Brown
North Gwinnett Alum
FBC Sugar Hill (Family Church)
Again, I am humbled by the way you are touching lives everywhere! What a blessing to hear the words of public school students who are praying for you and lifting you up to our God even with their classmates! Oh, I wish that I could have made such an impact in my years at Berkmar! You are changing lives...some of which you will never realize! God is truly smiling at the impact you are making in the lives of His children...both young and old! I pray that God will heal these sores quickly and restore you to health so that you can continue to fight. I know that you have many cheerleaders (not just those trained to jump without pulling something), but some of us has-beens too! The Heavens are resounding with chants including your name! Thank you for letting us sit in the stands and be your support. Give one another a round of hugs for me!
Love to all,
Kristie Chamlee
Erin. It is very important that you smile today. I understand that this might be painful, which is why I've come up with this alternative.
1. Make a fist.
2. Point your thumb and index finger out and bend them into a sort of lopsided "u" shape.
3. Now hold your hand up to your face.
YOU'RE SMILING!!!! I used to do this when I had mouth sores so I could smile even when it was too painful.
I love you Erin!! And I'm smiling for you because I know our awesome father in heaven is going to take care of everything!!
much loooove!
Ellen
Erin -
Just wanted to let you know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. God is amazing, and will do amazing things for and through you (He already is!).
Oh! FYI, in a month or two you'll have people in Africa praying for you, too! I have some friends that are going on a mission trip to Kenya and Uganda that'll pass the word!
We all love you so much!
Whitney Ford
Verse for today (I'm a little late posting today):
"Celebrate with all the bounty that the Lord your God has given to you and to your house."
-Deut. 26:11
Much love darling!
Monica
Erin, Janet and Bill, I am praying earnestly for each of you. God is working hard to make His glory known in all that you are going through. As you care for one another know that your church family is seeking to care for each of you by lifting you before the throne daily. Keep on pressing in toward God and we will have your backs.
Love,
Sheri
Rachel and I are praying for you daily. We love you and know God's will is at work in your life!
Last comment was from Allen!
SPEND THE NIGHT PARTY THIS WEEKEND WITH THE SNOW!! I love you siso. It was good to talk to you today. I pray everyday in every way I love you!
Please add Antarctica to your prayer map. Just sent an e-mail to friends visiting there and asked them to pray for Erin.
Carolyn
URN,
You need to get better soon! We are supposed to play guitar hero. How can we play if you don't get better?
Feel better soon so we can jam out!
Praying for you daily,
Jason and Jennifer Marlowe
:-) I just wanted to smile at you!
P.S. Someone has a very fun present on the way! I don't have any idea what it could be so please don't ask...no I'm not telling you...seriously, not telling you...
Monica
My dearest Erin--
My family and I have not stopped praying for you since we heard what you are going through. I have friends in Arizona, Florida , and Pennsylvania who all have been alerted and you are now on their prayer lists- add those to the map!! :) :)
I am so proud of your strength and will- you are a pillar of love and kindness and I can't wait to have you back at school- may God's love continue to surround you and peace fill your heart my friend- you are SO, SO loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love- Heather Toner and family
Hey Erin Jr,
Just wanted to let you know that I read your blog every day! Today I finally remembered to bring in hand sanitizer to school, and I told all my kids that they better use it every day because if one of them gets me sick I can't go see my friend and I will be very angry! Sorry about your poor mouth--it's hard to imagine you without a smile! At my college there was this big campaign called "Miami Smile" because a group of students thought that people did not smile enough on campus. They started distributing "Smile on a Stick," which is exactly what it sounds like. If this goes on much longer I promise to make you one! (And possibly also "Pouty Face on a Stick" for when everyone's trying to make you do your laps and you don't want to.) Miss you every day!!!
Erin Sr.:)
Erin and family! Thank you so much for the blog updates. So many people are praying for you and are staying up to date on your progress. Even if you do not know them personally. My fiancee is the President of SAO at GCSU and they are praying hard for you also. Keep hanging in there! Jer.29:11. He is so proud of you Erin (and family!) for allowing your faith to remain so strong in Him at this time!
In Him,
Erik C.
Erin,
Matt Davis here; I know I haven't been vocal so far, but I have been keeping up with your progress right along with the rest of us in the LA Dept. I am thrilled to hear your good news. From all I can tell, everything is moving along fine on this end. Rest, recuperate, and come back when you are strong again. We miss you and are all thinking of you.
Erin,
I'm praying for you! You can add California to your map - you are on the prayer list there. Love you! Terry
Post a Comment