Sunday, January 27, 2008
Sun 1/27 10:00
Good morning!! Thanks for the prayers, God has been faithful to answer. Erin's bone pain was gone yesterday. Unfortunately, her WBCs were down instead of up. They were 0.5 yesterday and 0.6 today. She will get more blood today as her HCT dropped below 25 again. She walked 5 laps yesterday with Monica cheering her on (with pom poms). She still has a chronic stomach ache but compared to all the other side effects it's o.k. We picked up South Korea thanks to Jenna, her brother Adam is stationed there. Thanks for the prayers Adam. The map is really filling up. Erin is getting excited about the possibility of getting to go home soon. We just wish we knew when, but that is part of our lesson in faith. God is teaching us to wait on Him in all things. "those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah40 We are hoping to walk some more today, by God's grace!! Love to you all, janet
14 comments:
Good morning Erin and Blonshines,
Thank God the bone pain has lessened and that going home is within sight! I will make that my prayer focus this week: rising numbers and getting the news about going home.
Erin, I could only laugh when I read the part about Monica cheering you on with pompoms. What a visual:) I wish I could be there too...maybe not with pompoms...but spending some time with you walking. I'm glad Monica is there though...
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Love, Brittany
Dear Erin and Blonshines,
I just read the Ashton Wood News letter and found out about what you are going through.
I remember what a hard working babysitter you were years back when it was so hard for me with 3 young boys to take care of. I know that you will use that strength to help you through this very difficult time. My prayers are with you all to find the strength you will need to get through all of this. The Lord will give you that strength and more if you lean on him.
Have a good week and get bettr soon!
Best regards,
Julia Massey
Hi Erin and Blonstein Family! I was so glad to read that your bone pain has gone away! Hopefully those wbc numbers will start going back up soon too! We will be praying for that now and for news of you going home soon!
Well, I got to hear a welcomed treat this morning when I walked into the gathering area at church. I could hear Bill singing in the service! I was so excited! By the time I got settled in to the sanctuary, the praise team was in full Praise, and I could hear Bill's voice over the others singing... "Your grace is enough for me." Well, then came the tears. I couldn't even sing myself (which was probably a welcomed treat for the Stills who were sitting in front of me!!) I just sat and listened as Bill kept singing those words.
God's grace is a beautiful and wonderful and powerful thing, isn't it?
We love all the Blonstiens!
Pam
Erin!
I'm so glad that your bone pain is getting better- what a blessing- its amazing to see God at work,isn't it. Just in case you didn't get your mile in today I went an extra one for you :)
I have a verse for you today:
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with YOU; do not be dismayed for I am YOUR God. I will strengthen YOU and help YOU; I will uphold YOU with My righteous right hand
Erin, I pray that you will always remember that God is holding you and strengthening you through all of this! As always, I am praying for you!
love, laura
Dear all,
Glory to God in the HIGHEST...for a day's relief from bone pain....Keep smiling kids....things are going to get better!! We lifted you in prayer at The Way this morning.... God is with you....God is there in each and every moment...and HE LOVES YOU!!!......
Father, bring laughter to our friends today....bring smiles and joyous moments...bring relief from pain...and help them to stand through the pains that mean that healing is in progress....Father, we pray that YOU would continue to see to the needs of this family...each and every need Lord...Father, continue to surround them with YOUR grace and YOUR peace......IN JESUS' NAME........AMEN..............
Hi there Erin and all the Blonshines!
Kim Jefferson here and Julia too. We have been reading these blogs everyday. We are addicted. It is like a wholesome soap opera! LOL Julia and Jennifer are both asking if reading the blog counts toward their reading? ha ha!!!! I said you bet so we read daily and pray often.
Bill thanks for the medical terms. Now I am only scratching my head in wonderment every so often trying to figure out the terms and abbreviations.
Hey, you think we can have some female doctors that could kidnap Erin and bring her on the Women's Retreat? Amanda, Janet?????
Bill it was great to hear you singing today!
Love to all!
Kim Jefferson (And John, Julia and Jennifer)
Hey sweet girl!!!
I could hardly believe it when I walked in this morning and saw Bill ready to lead us in Praise...It was so good to see him back up there!! I know Bryan appreciated his presence and his leading...We miss all of you greatly...I am finally over my cold , so maybe I can come and visit a bit sometime this week..of course, I will call first to see if that would work for you...
We tried to go bowling with the 10th grade last Sunday night after youth, but when youth was cancelled due to the weather, we also cancelled the outing...Maybe we can kidnap you and take you with us...We could all wear the doctor masks and bowl together...could that count as some of your needed walking???
Just know we are praying diligently...I lost the pager number for this past week, but I never quit praying...Now, I know the number, so expect a page or two from me this week!!!
Love and hugs!!!
Ciara, Bryan and Linda
Well, I sure didn't notice Pam not singing because OF COURSE I was too busy trying to catch my own tears while Bill was singing! For a while, I tried to sing along but realized that the strange contortions of my face that singing while crying required might be rather disturbing to look at (have you ever heard Oprah talk about the 'ugly cry'? That's me!) and I sure don't want to be a stumbling block or distraction at church!!! But we were all blessed by the obvious strength God has given you all as evidenced by Bill's presence and his strong, unwavering voice singing God's praises. What a testimony. Erin, your family is STRONG for you!
A devotional in Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest says: "Do you see Jesus in your clouds?
Behold, He is coming with clouds Rev 1:7
"Through the clouds of suffering the Spirit of God is teaching us to walk by faith" I saw Jesus in the clouds this morning in the face of Bill Blonshine and heard Him in Bill's voice. I see Jesus' face in the clouds everyday when I read Janet's blog. You are a blessing to all of us.
Love,
Vicki
hey erin! So I've been gone all weekend and I'm glad that I'm able to catch up on how you are doing! Thank your dad for the defintions, they really help and I'm glad your bone pain has lessened. So this week, I've really been struggling with my fears and today at disciple we were on that topic and laura goodwin mentioned "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music and so today, whenever I started thinking about how scared I was, I started naming off my blessings and it really helped so i thought you could use that if you are ever discouraged or down or in pain! love you, Jessie
Erin and the Bs
tonight in disciple we had to rewrite John 10:7-18; I thought of you guys and your storm you are enduring now-why does stuff like this happen-
in short my closing was God saying,
no one loves you as I love you....
You know he does. We had a little fun today playing with our Godson, Jameson and his sister Delaney from Ohio. They came down to celebrate my birthday as well as watch Johnathan wrestle this weekend. Laura played pitcher and outfield all in the same round...
We are blessed by your family.
xo
Kathy
Hey Erin! I love you so much and I can't tell you how GREAT it is to read about how well you are recuperating! Larry and I have spread the word about you here in Birmingham, so you have many more prayer warriors lifting you up in their prayers! It is so amazing to read your blog and see the magnitude of people you've touched through this experience. I'm so glad that you're up walking and
I hope you can get home soon! I know there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed and watching tv from your own couch!
Just know that Larry and I send you love from Birmingham!
Love You, Christy
Hi there Blonshine family. My name is Katie Sharp and I am in a small group with Jenny and Jake Woodward in Savannah,Ga. I just wanted you to know that we have been praying for Erin, her full recovery, and that Erin will be used by the Lord to help heal other patients. We do not know Erin personally, but the Lord has given us her positive spirit through Jenny. We will continue to pray for the healing, pain management, comfort, rest, and peace for you all. "What is impossible with men IS possible with GOD"Luke 18:27
Good morning Ms Erin,
I have been following the blogs. Looks like we are having some good days and some not so good days. I know it can be a bit disheartening. We are told trust in the Lord and not to lean on our own understanding. Easier said then done sometimes. Rest assured then when you are at your wits end there are a whole lot of people all over the world that Love you and are praying for you. I am just one of those people. Stay strong and smile, you are special in God's eyes and in mine!!!
In Christ's Love,
Mr Hanley
We are all "praying without ceasing" for you and Erin! May the God who created us give you the miracles to keep your spirits high as He heals Erin's body!
All our love,
Jennifer Smith and Kelly Sklare and all the other Clinic CNMs
Post a Comment