Wednesday, January 16, 2008
wed 1/16 0930
Blessings Dear Friends, We are so humbled by the beautiful words of encouragement and prayers being sent to us. You are God's hands and feet to us!! Erin had an average night, her pain is not better yet but she forces down a cup of water twice a day or so. They doubled her Nexium and she can hardly wait for her Zofran when it's due. She has some sores on her hands that are worrying her. She felt like she hyperextended her hands one day sitting up in bed and has since has red bands on her 2 middle fingers of each hand. They are looking worse and the Dr doesn' t know what they are exactly. So add her fingers to the specific prayers please. All in all she is doing pretty well emotionally. All because of your support and love!! She knows she has a huge team of prayer warriors out there giving their best to God on her behalf. Thank you to Carolyn Keller for sending her name to Antartica, I didn't even know people lived there!! Wow, our map is filling up. One of her nurses went to England to visit family and promised to pray for her so we also have England!! Did someone say I am competitive?? Love to all, janet
23 comments:
Verse for today:
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
-Matt.: 7:7
Very appropriate for your situation. I took Amanda to get a pedicure yesterday...she told me what she did to your fingernails! That just won't do! I'm going to make them look MARVELOUS soon...when you feel up for a visitor! Every girl should have pretty fingernails :-)
-Monica
Lord, you know Erin? The one we love? Well she is hurting, and we are hurting for her. Please take care of her mouth and her hands. Please take care of those who take care of her. And let her know that we love her.
Erin - you are a constant presence in my thoughts. It is not an hour that goes by without a prayer escaping my lips on your behalf. My family loves you... especially the teenage blonde one.
Sarah Foster
Darling Erin....Good morning sweet girl!!....As I stood on the porch last night and looked over the campground ...I saw something strange....in the midst of it's winter garment..brown leaves on the grounds..a grayness in the composition...there was one little spark of purple...it was but the flower on the top of a weed....a humble weed, a weed that was confused by the weather apparently....because we know flowers shouldn't be here in the winter time....should they?....
Mighty Mighty Mighty Lord....bless our precious girl this morning....bless her Lord with Your mercy....have mercy upon her, Father, as she travels this winter season....as things may seem grey in composition in her life right now....Lord,....but let her know that in this time...in this trial...that she is the flower.....and that YOU are the ONE that is making her to blossom...that even though the situation may seem dreadful at times....that she is but a flower in it's midst......that her petals are forming and taking shape as she rests in YOUR arms...that as she heals....her leaves are forming and in due season ...in due time....the color will come back ....her spring will arrive.....and like the lowly weed at the campground she will burst forth in full blossom.......regardless of the weather ....Father, bless Erin today with healing for her hands...her mouth...and her tummy...that as she heals ..she is able to obtain the physical nourishment she needs...so that in time..as You strengthen her....she may again reach out and be YOUR hands and feet to strengthen others..to nourish others ...to build up and encourage others.....Lord, surround this family today...and give them all a double portion of YOUR mercy in their lives today ....Father, bless them with peace...YOUR perfect peace....that surpasses all that they are capable of understanding .....IN JESUS' MIGHTY AND HOLY NAME.....AMEN....
Lord, I pray for Erin's physical healing once again and continually. I pray that you heal her fingers and her mouth. Heal every part of her body feeling pain. Ease the pain and allow her to eat and drink again. Thank you for her courage and determination to drink water everyday. Thank you that her family and friends surround her with love, support and PRAYER. We know you hear us and draw us to you in rough times. Thank you for this family that loves you mightily. Thank you for Erin and her kind spirit. Thank you for her friendship. Heal her completely. We trust and love you. Amen.
Good morning my dear!
We are praying those nasty mouth sores go away and soon. I loved the comment from Ellen Sykes yesterday giving you instructions on how to smile. Any smile you give is a true blessing because it makes the person seeing that smile feel peace and love! We will also pray for the healing of the sores on your hands. Afterall, if Monica is going to give you "pretty fingernails" you have to have BEAUTIFUL hands.
We love all of you so much!
Pete, Margaret, Kate and Kara
Hey Erin, I'm in bible class right now and we are praying for u. I've been keeping them updated on your situation. We are praying for your sores and hoping they will heal quickly! I love you and miss seeing you but I know that God is watching over you for us. Jessie
Hey there Kiddo,
As I sat down this morning to read all the postings on this blog sight from your wonderful family & friends, something jumped out at me. You are & have always been a spiritual warrior for our mighty Lord & Father! You are described by those that know you as: a light for God, an encourager & warm spirit to everyone around you, an awesome blessing to youth ministry, a fighter & such a positive wonderful person, a pillar to lean on, an example of gods love to those around you (that's my thinking), uplifting, kind spirit, strong person, an impact on the lives of young people, and most of all SWEET!!! I can't even imagine how tough it is to be going through your current situation but what I do know is that I've watched you grow up to be one of the STRONGEST CHRISTIANS on the face of this earth and you can whip anything bad, with Gods love.
Someone mentioned Romans 5:3-5 that says "but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope". "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us".
IT'S CLEAR as the nosed on my face that God is preparing you for something that is beyond great, wonderful, or even awesome on this earth that He has given to us. Fight the fight Erin, you have it in you! We are all praying for you with all our love. To Bill, Janet, Amanda, & Laura: Thanks for keeping us all up to date on this blog and know that we are praying for you too. Uncle Ron
Erin,
Just a quick note to let you know we are praying for you. Today I have prayed specifically for you mouth and hands - for our pain - and for your appetite - and you doctors and your family! Whew - our disciple class is also lifting you up - praise for the good news from the tests and prayers for continued healing and feeling better!! We love you and miss your smiling face - can't wait until you are out of there. I am afraid that I may not get to ever visit now that I have am back at Block and have john Q public walking in with who knows what germs but know that we pray continually for you and your doctors and your family! We love you!! Anita :)
"Now, therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a SPECIAL treasure to Me above all people..." Exodus 19:5
Erin, indeed you are without a doubt one of His special treasures! One without blemish, put in a special place where the whole world can see it's beauty, one that is admired above all the rest, one that is truly loved more than could be imagined!!
I know I can't take this away, but I will be here for you and your family every step of the way! God's Blessings!!
~A
Erin, add El Salvador to the map as I have 4 men from work that are heading there to spread God's word, hand out Bibles and medical supplies.
“Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them and you will have them.” Mark 11:24
“For I will restore you to health and I will heal you of your wounds” Jeremiah 30:17
Pat Allen
Sarah Circle
Boo...so because of the fact that I BEAT CANCER TWICE I cant be on the bone marrow registry. how crazy is that? But now..i look slightly like a heroine addict from them taking blood out of BOTH arms, haha. But I'd do it any day for you!!
So to go along with Ellen's "sign language" ...you can learn more..for real.
ASLpro.com
I took a class and its so much fun learning it!! check it out.
I LOVE YOU!!!! Hope you days get better and better and better and better and better...
Love Kristen Mac.
Erin,
I'm sure the word "overwhelmed" is one that you and your family are using quite frequently these days. But, even though you are overwhelmed with pain and nausea, I know you are also overwhelmed by the comments that you receive on this blog everyday--comments from so many beautiful, well-versed, people who care so deeply for you and your family. I know you are also overwhelmed by the prayers that are lifted up on your behalf all over the world, and the many useful scripture verses that everyone is sending. Erin, please know that you are one incredibly amazing woman whom God adores and who He created for one very special, outstanding, monumental purpose. This is a season that will serve you well in years to come, even though it seems so useless now. God always sends blessings that "overwhelm" the sorrow for those that love Him, and we all know how much you love Him. We continue to pray for immediate healing of the mouth sores, and for rest for all of you. We love you, sweet girl.
Cindy
Hi Erin! I was so bummed to hear that you're sick..big hugs and prayers for you..be encouraged that our Lord is walking with you every step of the way. And don't let those physical therapists give you a hard time!! :) Much love!
Katherine Grimmett
Sending love and prayers your way!!!
I'm so glad to hear you are doing well emotionally- thank goodness for those good things, right? Try to remember what my mom told me everyday when I felt horrible- this is only TEMPORARY- but God's blessings and his love for you are eternal! I pray that you have peace in that truth today!
looooooove you!
ellen
Hello Miss Erin,
Sorry I was unable to visit you in person today. I really didn't have enough time. You being there was my excuse to see your Wonderful Mom. What!!?? You thought that everyone coming by was there only to see you? Get real. I know I told you yesterday that if I were ever sick, I would hire her for myself. Well, good news. I'm not sick (physically) yet. But, I am in intensive negotiations to bring your Mom onto the Dr. Butz & Dr. Ken Team. It will be a permanent position of great prestige. She may even get first billing on the new team name. You wouldn't believe what a hard negotiator she is. Vehicle, benefits, expenses... she is going to be tough to get, but we think worth it. Especially for the credibility she will bring to our team... like we have any now. Negotiations are still in the early phase. But I am optimistic. We'll see how it goes in the coming days. Oh, and to not leave you out completely, I trust your Mom gave you the Ellen Sykes Smile I sent. It was the least I could do today.
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
All our Prayers and Love!
Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.
Hi Sweet Erin,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Your beautiful face and smile are always on my mind. I was cleaning out my purse today and I came across a picture of you and Meridith along with Natalie, Lauren and Caroline when you came to Natalie's dance recital. You are always so supportive of our youth with your quick smile and loving nature. Can't wait to see you happy and well again. We'll just have to get our girls to do the happy dance for you. Hope you feel better real soon, but till then I know God will wrap his loving arms around you and give you peace.
Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Janice and Natalie Lutz
Erin,
In Richard Foster's book Celebration of Discipline that Davis has us reading, he suggests trying meditation by repeating "I am letting go of my fear, anger, and self sufficiency" for about 10 minutes, then "I am open and receptive to your voice, your peace, your love, and your direction." I thought that trying that or something similar might help you through the day so thought I would share.
Much love,
Vicki
Erin,
It's snowing......can you see it!?!.
God is blanketing the ground with beauty. You know kids........they're hoping for a snow day :)
Lots of love and smiles your way......
Blessings,
Janice
Hi Erin! You don't know me, but my name is Eliza Mason and I go to UGA. I am praying, praying, praying for you! I have a very good friend who was in a very similar situation to yours a few years ago, and today he is up and running-- no cancer in sight! God is faithful, and we are all praying for you.
Heavenly Father, we know you have heard Erin's name brought up to you a thousand times each and everyday... Jesus tells us that if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we can move mountains... and that nothing will be impossible for you. Heavenly Father, we lean on your words and promises and that nothing IS impossible for you. We ask that you please continue to give strength and quick healing to Erin... continue to strengthen and give peace to Janet, Bill, Amanda and Laura as they minister to Erin. Thank you Father for all of your "prayer warriors" you have brought into Erin's life and let all our brother's and sister's know how much we all appreciate their prayers. I pray all this in the mighty name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus - Amen.
To all you great Blonshines, Some of the sweetest times my family has ever had were in the hospital with my Dad. It sure didn't seem so great at the time, but looking back it was a great time to cozy in together....We all love you and are praying constantly for your complete healing, total curing, and for your uncomfortable symptoms to go away. Much love, Emily and Tony Powell (Jessie's Mom and Dad)
Hey Bear,
At Wesley over the past few weeks we have been talking about prayer. Specifically the Lord's prayer.. so I figured I would share one of the most profound verses I have ever read with YOU!
Luke 17:20-21 --
Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' BECAUSE THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU."
I just felt that the Lord wanted me to share that with you. God is within you. He wants to heal you, and He wants to be the one you trust. And I KNOW that you do. He wants to worry for you, and He WANTS to heal you (necessary to repeat!). So try and rest, and take comfort in the fact that He and His very kingdom lies within Y-O-U.
I LOVE YOU. and i'm constantly praying! I will hopefully see you Saturday if you feel up to it!!!!
Love you,
--Q
Prayers coming from Covenant College, GA as well.
Post a Comment