Sunday, January 13, 2008
Sun 1/13 11:00
This is the Day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Erin's rash and stomach feel better but now she is dealing with her mouth. Apparently the cells in the digestive system turn over faster than other cells and are more sensitive to chemo. so she has alot of swelling and sores in her mouth. she can't talk or swallow and is thoroughly miserable! Please pray for this side effect to pass quickly, it is keeping her from eating and drinking as she should. she asks that no one visit today, it's no fun since she feels so bad and can't talk. she is having a movie day instead. Blessings on you all for your faithfulness in prayer!! God continues to be faithful in his answers and is keeping us all afloat by his grace!! Today is her last day of chemo for this round and we are praising God for that. Now we just have to get her body through these side effects and her blood counts back to normal so she can feel better before the next round. It is overwhelming to think that far ahead, We find it is better to us to take one day at a time. thanks for your prayers!! hugs, janet
21 comments:
Erin - I pray that the sores in your mouth clear up soon! Just rememember to keep your head up and take everything one day at a time. I hope that you are able to enjoy your movie day. Keep smiling!
Love, Erin
Erin ... just like your Mom says ... you have to take one day at a time. I hope your sores in your mouth go away soon. If I could I would take the pain for you. I Love you! Ms Christy
I just found out about what is going on and visited this website. I will be praying for you erin and I hope you feel better today and in all the days to come.
Alicia
Hi Erin - I'm so sorry that you are so uncomfortable. We will pray that you will be able to eat again soon and be able to talk with people as much as you want.
Congrats on finishing your first round! You are our hero.
We prayed for you in Sunday school this morning.
Love, Sarah & the Fosters
Hey Erin,
I am sorry that you are feeling bad. I am praying for you and miss you a lot.
I hope you feel better soon.
Courtney
hey love! I just read about two comments below that you are more than just my hero! I will be thinking up the perfect song for your homecoming!!! I might have to leave one on voice mail as long as you convince your FAM I am not crazy!!!!! I love you and will pray for you mouth. It sounds awful. Hope you are back to eating soon! I love you, hero! Melanie
Erin,
This morning at Hebron, Pastor Larry spoke on how to deal with "body blows" in your faith walk. You were the first person that came to mind, because I know how you and your family are experiencing a "body blow" right now. I hope that this Scripture can help encourage you:
"Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" -Psalms 27:14
Larry's message was about how to deal with those hard times in your life, and a couple gave their testimony about when the wife developed breast cancer and how they relied on the Lord. Since you can't get to church on Sundays right now, I'm sure that you miss being spiritually fed and ministered to. I don't know if your church has anything like this, but if you want to watch the Hebron sermon from this morning, go to http://www.hebronchurch.org/media/media.htm , and this morning's sermon with the couple's testimony should be available pretty soon (like in the next couple of days).
Remain strong in the Lord, and be comforted by the fact that His hands are wrapped around you, holding you, guarding you, and comforting you. Don't get discouraged, but keep your strength, courage, and faith in the Lord. As always, I love you and your family, and I'm praying for ya'll! I'll specifically be praying for your sores today!
God Bless and Much Love,
Catty
Erin... Janet,Bill,Amanda,and Laura...we love you guys. You continue to be in our prayers! I hope you can rest today and enjoy a good movie and some quiet! Know that you are visited today by the thoughts and prayers of many! Don't ever feel alone! I think that you have an entire army of prayer warriors in active duty for you! What a blessing! What a blessing your family's courage and faithfulness have been to me as I check this blog daily! Continue to put your trust in Him and He will give you the strength you need! I know that God has incredible plans for you! What a testimony you will have on the other side of this "adventure"...oh how He will use this for His Glory and allow you to minister to so many who will go through similar trials! Even in the hospital, in the midst of your fight, you continue to inpact the lives of so many young people who look up to you and love you! I love to read the comments from students and youth and see how touched they are by a young teacher and counselor who lets Christ shine through in all you say and do! What an example!!! You are a blessing! Many Hugs!
Kristie Chamlee
Erin, we love you and are praying for you! I want to come see you soon, but I am trying to get over a cold that little Q gave me. Please keep your spirts up and know that many people love you including God! See you soon.
Britton, Kim & Quinn
Dear Blonshines....dear, dear friends.....we have had Erin on our family prayer list since we found out about this..and we just found out about the blogspot today, and are thrilled with being able to pray where the need is in this manner..thank you for keeping us all updated on Erin's progress......we want you to know that until we hear of Erin's complete and total GOD gifted recovery...we shall not stop praying.....we pray for the doctors and nurses who are taking care of your precious Erin...and praying for you all individually during this time as well...know that you are all very loved....know that God is going to continue to be with you during this adventure...know that we love you all and stand ready to serve should you have need of any kind...just let us know...Erin,..you must get well quickly...Campmeeting is only a few short months away...and we have new goats out here to show to you!!!..IN HIS LOVE, Bill, Barbara, Wade, and Josh Bledsoe (Your Campground Caretaker and family)
Ms. Erin,
I hear we are having a rough day, but we have turned it into a positive - Movie Day. Much, Much safer than shopping day. I will continue to pray for you complete healing. Tell the family that they are in our prayers as well.
We Love you in the Love of the Lord!!!
The Hanley's
Remember, no grammatical checks are allowed:)
Erin, we are praying your mouth and throat will clear so you can get the nourishment you need. Prayers are being sent up, for you and your family, from St. Louis, MO., Rock Falls, Il., Rockford, Il., and Dubuque Iowa, and also DesMoines, Ia.
Love to all, Eunice and Herb
Erin,
Just put the kids to bed. As always, we prayed for you. I thought you would also like to know that during Faith's prayer time in her 3rd grade Sunday School class this morning five kids lifted you up as their prayer concern. What an awesome thing it is to be lifted up in prayer by 8 year old children! I remember Christ's words as he said "for their's is the kingdom of heaven."
Please know and grasp that prayer for you permeates your church here at Lawrenceville. Since I first learned of your illness I have not once heard concerns shared when you were not mentioned and I have not sat down with my family to pray when your name did not cross our lips.
Please know that you are dearly loved, not only by a church, but by a God who is able to do abundantly and exceedingly more than we could ever ask or think. Please know that he smiles tonight as little children lift up your name as they kneel by their bedside.
In Christ,
John C
Hi Erin,
I am so very sorry about your mouth sores. They are the worst! In fact, Ellen will name those as being the worst part of the whole adventure. We lifted up prayers specifically for healing your mouth and throat both in our counselor meeting, and in our small groups tonight at youth. Know that God is listening and right there by your side through every minute of this. What an inspiration all of you are to everyone reading this blog! God's glory is shining ever so bright through all of you. Thank you for sharing your journey and most of all, your faith with us. You are doing such a great job at making the most out of the good of each day--keep it up, girl! We love you.
Cindy
Hey Erin! i pray for you every night! i hope the sores in your mouth get better! god wont let them ruin your beautiful smile! we miss seeing you at church, and i really miss your uplifting and godly words. you are a great person and if you keep your faith in god, even through the hardest times, you will get better! love you-
~Emily~
hey erin! remember that once you get better and strive to do it with gods help, you can suck your parents into buying any food you desire! ~emily~
Erin-
I've been praying for your mouth to feel better today. I also prayed that you were able to rest a lot today. I continue to ask God to heal your body. He is so good and wants us to ask for any and everything. Good night, E-nano.
Love, Brittany
I am an alumni member of SAO at Western Carolina. As a sister and friend i just wanted to say i'm praying for you and hope you start feeling better soon.
Erin,
I'm in Memphis for a few days and have told mom and dad about you. They are studying to be Stephen Ministers at their church and will be praying for you.
Love you!
Rip
Hey Erin,
I just wanted to write a quick note to say hello and I am SOOO glad to hear all the good news! We miss you so much at youth and the kids continue to lift you up in prayer - both in small group, big group, sunday school - everywhere. It is very clear to me that God is hearing and we will begin to prray harder for the side effects to lessen and be easier to deal with!! Have a great day! I am off to get ready for work! Love you!! Anita :)
Good Morning, Miss Erin,
It's another Monday and the folks at Panera Bread will be looking for you tonight. In my "professional" opinion, your mouth sores could very well be healed by a "dose" of their soup. Let me know when you're ready and we'll be sure you get it.
And I hate to see my professional partner "Rip" lie to you about being in Memphis. He's out of town alright, but rumor has it he's in the Milford, Conneticut area at Sikorsky Helicopter. If he isn't careful he'll find out that their security is even better than Emory's, and without the sense of humor.
Love and Prayers!
Ken
Post a Comment