Well, YOU are mighty prayer warriors indeed!!And God is Almighty!! We just got a visit from the Dr and she said we are not going to do the bone marrow biopsy until Monday. She tells us this after Erin missed lunch and cried all morning waiting for it, but we are NOT complaining. She said that Erin's blasts are decreasing and it is probably a normal phenomenon that the marrow would spit out a few blasts as it revs up to produce normal cells. Also the biopsy wouldn't give us all the info we need because she is still neutropenic, meaning she needs her neutrophils (the infection fighting white cells) to come up to normal numbers in order to prove that the leukemia is in remission. Otherwise we would just have to do another bone marow biopsy in a week. So Erin was saved an extra biopsy!! YEAH!! Her ANC (absolute neutrophil count) is 22 and it needs to be 500+ to go home. God Bless you for your faithful prayer.
The full story is that the Nurse brought in all the equipment for the biopsy and the PA that was supposed to do it was not here. So they came in and told us they would have to find someone else to do it. Then they told us Michael, another PA, would do it but he had others in front of us, so it would be awhile. So you see God's hand was in it all along, because then the Dr had time to figure out she would rather postpone it!! He is in the details. WOW!!! Patience is not easy but it sure paid off today. LOVE TO ALL!! janet
14 comments:
yea!!!!!!!!
celebrate tonight
PTL that you didn't have an unnecessary biopsy! Now, we are praying for your numbers to REACH 500 fast....through HIM all things are possible.
Love,
Vicki and David
Erin, Sorry I havent written lately. I went to Utah and had no internet access! I have updated myself through your moms blog and continue to pray for you. I am still hoping to come to Atlanta and see you! Although my mom has said that I am never aliud to leave Alabama again cause everytime I do I get stuck somewhere. Continue to be strong!
Love, Erin
Erin, it's chapstick! I left you a note on your facebook but I wanted to let you know that I sent an e-mail to the orphanage in Novosibirsk, Russia. I let them know about my friend Erin and to lift her up in their prayers. You've got some Ruski prayers!
Janet,
We all love you & miss you BUNCHES at work. We have kept your blog up on the computer ALL day! It has been a little reminder to "pray without ceasing" for you, Erin, & your family. Take strength in knowing you are being thought of, LOVED, & prayed for. Janet, your light is shining bright even during this dark time in your life. Your strength is a BEAUTIFUl testimony of God's perfect love!
Keep pressing on sister! Your life encourages mine & I know it is an encouragement to MANY others!
Miss your smiling face at work!
Love,
Jamie
WE all love you in L&D
Oh...there is so a song for this one.....PRAISE THE LORD!!
Standing, standing, standing on the promises of God our savior..standing ...standing....
standing on the promises of GOD!!!!
Lord, we thank YOU!!!...Thank YOU SO MUCH LORD, for sparing Erin from this extra biopsy today....LORD....Lord....there are no words to express how we feel about this blessing right now....but YOU know our hearts Lord...YOU know that we are standing in the gap for our friends, the Bloneshines....Lord, YOU know that we will continue to stand for them...for Erin...for the testing...for the Doctors...for the blood counts...for the healing...for going to the comfort of her own home.....LORD!!!...ALL GLORY AND PRAISE TO YOU FATHER..Father, bless them with a peace filled- rest filled night...one where sleep comes easily..and rest and rejuvination follow in the morning...Father, sneak in while she rests...and complete her healing...raise her blood numbers to the proper levels.....simply heal her Lord.........TO GOD BE THE GLORY.....IN JESUS' MIGHTY MIGHTY NAME.....AMEN
Erin,
Phew! Got out of that one, didn't you? Praise God! We'll be praying for the magic number 500 and keeping you and your family at the top of our prayer list. Hang in there, girl. We love you.
~The Petersons
Erin, we are so glad our prayers are being heard and answered. The waiting is the hardest but He will take care of you. I don't know what people do who do not have the faith you have. Today, I read something that made me think of you.
"I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you." John 14:18.
Tonight, we said more prayers for you, at our Church supper. We don't think it hurts to repeat the same prayers again and again. He will know you are loved.
Eunice and Herb
Always remeber....... You can do all things through Crist (who strengthens you). Mara Stewart and I, (amy Bohon) from YOUTH are praying for you!!!
Wow--"revs up to produce normal cells"--amazing how just a few words can sound so wonderful and hopeful! I get this image of all Erin's cells going, "Okay guys, this girl needs some new RBCs! We can do this! Let's GO!" Hee hee. (I guess it's an English teacher thing.) Keep on doing those laps! Love you!
Erin :)
Erin-
Again up late doing emails. I hope your numbers move up quickly. Just wanted you to know that we all love you and pray for you each day.
It was great to see your dad at church the other day. He lifted all our spirits during the 9:30 service. What a great family you have. Hope to see you soon.
Mr. Witter
E-
Praying without ceasing is amazing. Wanna know how I know you are on HIS mind??
At Wesley we've been going through a season of prayer and healing and they've been holding healing services so we can pray for such that. Tonight they have one. Last night they announced that will praying in preperation for tonight's healing service they heard the Lord say to pray SPECIFICALLY for leukemia and bone marrow issues. UM HELLO!!!!
kristen macdonald and i almost lost it. HE IS HEARING OUR PRAYERS and is longing to heal you. just so you know SEVERAL people who don't even know you will be praying for you tonight. I know it's not out of the country, but the Lord has said specifically for us to pray for that.. AND YOU.
so be excited because HE can HEAR OUR PRAYERS and He wants us to be faithful and continue to pray. He's doing great things. I know it.
PS. Leadership has been fasting to show devotion to the Lord and asking for specific things each day. This week I have an overall fasting purpose and that is for the Lord to reveal Himself to me through the small things. The announcement about the prayer topic at the healing prayer service was my small thing (which isn't small at all!!)..
you are awesome E. Don't lose faith. You got this girl. I LOVE YOU. See you saturday!!!
Love,
Q
"May the Lord CONTINUALLY bless you with heaven's blessings as well as with human joys."
-Psalm 128:5
He has continued to bless you and your family each and every day...in the little things and the big things! You are so loved and I can't wait to see you again! I miss you already!
-Monica
P.S. I'm so glad you got to moo like a cow! :-) You know you love me in spite of my craziness!
Lord, we pray for patience as we await today's update...patience in knowing that whatever is going on this morning, that YOU are there with them..and that YOU are in control...Lord, bless them and keep them...and let YOUR face shine upon them...Father, call us to prayer...to lifting them up in times when there is no news...Father, surround them this morning and give them peace to face today ...give our precious Erin extra strength today in those areas where she needs it the most...IN JESUS' MIGHTY NAME....AMEN.....
Post a Comment