Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Tues 1/29 10:15
Good morning! Erin is up and feeling o.k. after her initial bout of nausea and hot flashes. Her hands get as hot as fire every now and then. She has no temp but gets hot feeling all over. Anyone else flashing out there? Yesterday we were encouraged by a WBC count of 1.2 but today it is back down to 0.7. It is discouraging to watch it climb and dive like that. Yesterday was a beautiful day and we took Erin outside for 10 minutes to perk her up, you know, get out of the cave. Backfire!! She sat and cried and her nose was running behind the big mask she has to wear, so she couldn't blow it. We were trying to cheer her up but no. I think it just made her want out even more. Please pray for her spirits to lift. She needs to stay POSITIVE!! Thank you all for your continued positive comments and prayers. We are learning every day to give the day to God and trust in His plan for Erin. We don't see the big picture like God does. This faith walk is hard stuff!! Erin loves you all and we all pray you are as blessed by the lovely comments on the blog as we are. God is working in ways we can't even imagine!! To Him be the Glory! love, janet
25 comments:
"The earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord!"
-Psalm 33:5
I love you, Erin and Blonstein's! But most importantly God loves you! I could use a BIG Erin hug today, so I'm picturing Erin wrapping her arms around me and telling me everything will be ok...I know it will!
-Monica
Those flashes are just a little personal summer time-just ask my disciple class!! I sit by the open window with shorts and a tee shirt every Sunday afternoon. I have several names for them, however I will share those in a private time later.
We are studying John right now and Jesus is teaching about the Holy Spirit-my prayer for you today is that the Holy Spirit fill you and everyone you come in contact today with peace and love.
xo
Kathy
I hope that all my warmth I feel is not a sign.....I even have shorts on today-If it makes you smile even a little, Mark is also wearing a mask today as he says he's working and doesn't want any little particles to get up his nose since he had that fun surgery at Thanksgiving....
Hi Erin,
THe La Rosa family is praying for you!!!!! I know you are in great hands and will get well soon
xoxoxo
Leanne and family
Hello Erin & Blonshine family! I was listening to my radio today and there was a song...How great is our God, sing with me How great is our God....by Chris Tomlin. I thought of you Erin. I'm so thankful that our God is Great and He is with you. Isaiah 41:10 - Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". I'm praying for strength today! Love you all, Terry
Hi Sweet Erin,
I'm the silver headed friend and colleague of your moms. I met you at your church recently. Trust me Erin, I know how annoying those "hot flashes" are. Try thinking of them as "surges of healing" ... surges of the power of God healing your body, making those wonderful WBC"s. I keep your precious countenance and sunny smile foremost in my thoughs of you. I have you and your mom and family in my heart prayers. Love you, Ms June (Erin, if you get this message twice, know it is because I am computer illiterate and was trying to figure out this blog address thing):)
I can sympathize with your hot flashes, little sister. I have stood in front of the fridge with the door open, took a deep breath and stuck my head in the freezer. Don't tell anyone, ok? This is just between us.
This song came to mind when I was praying for you yesterday - i run by Forty Days.
I've never had a day like this
when thing become so clear
and I can feel You here
I've never had to pray like this
It's all that I can do
to see me thru the fear
But when my faith begins to fail me
and I can't find my way
I run
I fall
into the arms of my Father
to a love like no other
I walk
I crawl
it doesn't matter how I get here
only that I can be here at all
Now all that seems to crowd my mind
is how can I be strong
and how do I move on
But I know that you
will never fail me
You will be my way
When I run
I fall
into the arms of my Father
to a love like no other
I walk
I crawl
it doesn't matter how I get here
only that I can be here at all
You are a precious daughter of the King. Heaven reaches down to you, Erin, and you are covered by your Father's great love. We know not it's measure, we just know it's real and abundant and awesome and powerful and glorious and a refuge full of comfort and joy and truth and peace. I pray you may know God's peace, as I experienced it and hold on to still and always, firmly planted in my soul.
God's perfect peace is full and quiet and still.
May you rest fully and completely in God's perfect peace,
and all that He has and is,
just for you Erin.
Love in Christ Jesus,
in whom we live and breath,
in whom we have more than enough, in whom we have
more than everything,
Debbie Risteyn
Just thinking about you and wishing you well. I check in every day to see how you are doing.
WE MISS YOU at PRHS!!!
-Leslie Summer
Keep up your spirits Coach! You are a strong woman and you can beat this. When you feel discouraged, take a look at your blog comments & see all the wonderful & faithful friends/family/collegues, and even strangers who love you & are praying ceaselessly for you. You have impacted so many people's lives in such a positive way.
Be faithful - God is the ultimate Healer.
We all love you & miss your beautiful smile.
xxoo,
Cheer Lions at PRHS
HELLO ERIN!!!...HELLO BLONSHINES!!!.......Sweet Sister Erin....First of all ...a story...a little something to make you laugh...
.....Just as the campground season began this past year....the men of the UMM were getting together to have a chicken
dinner fundraiser that they were doing.....several of the men showed up bright and ...well....it was earlier than bright and early in
the morning.....it was more like....dark and early in the morning......They were working out the kinks in their planning to see how
they were going to make this barbeque a success......they had the menu planned..they had made a plan of action...they had a new
barbeque grill to try out...and in walked Donnie Brown............now, I love Donnie Brown....he is one of the sweetest ,..kindest...
most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.....and Donnie Brown met Bill Bledsoe.....now, Mr. Donnie and
Mr. Bill have a lot in common....they laugh at the same jokes....they both love a QT coffee...they both love good food......
.they have so much in common that Mr Donnie thought they were about the same age....Mr. Bill had been running things back
and forth during the day...there were big pans of beans...big pans of chickens.....lots of wonderful, good food, to be served...
and Mr. Bill was carting things back and forth in the gator work vehicle.....he would pile the big pans in the back and truck them
up to the activities cabin, so that the men who were standing by could serve up the plates with the piping hot yummies from the fire
.......at one point during the day...Mr Donnie stopped Mr Bill as he was lifting big pans of bbq chicken into the gator ....and in a very
concerned tone advised...,"Now, don't you need to let some of those younger guys load this chicken up....people our age don't
need to be doing all this lifting...we need to be watching them work"..............................................
Mr. Bill then asked Mr. Donnie..........."So, Mr Donnie...................................just how old do you think I am?"
............Mr Donnie advised..."Well, about my age I reckon....and I'm 74"........Mr. Bill kind of laughed....and then let the cat out
of the bag...."Nah, Mr Donnie...I just turned 47".....................I love that story!!!...It is the beginning of the friendship and brotherly
love that my Bill has with Mr. Donnie....and Mr. Bill loves Donnie Brown....they are good friends...and good brothers in Christ....But,
Mr. Donnie is not the first person to think that Mr. Bill was older than he actually is......There have been several occasions when we
have gone to a State Fair, or County Fair...and each and every time...we go directly to the age guesser.....they look at his big ol' hands...
which are calloused and rough from working outside and at the shop.....they look at his almost full head of grey hair, which he blames
me for by the way, ......they look at the wrinkles on his precious face......they watch the way he walks...not knowing that he has
had a double fusion in his back and that it makes him walk off-kilter...............they take in all those things...and think that they can
get even close to guessing the right age......one time....about 10 years ago....when we were at a fair...the age guesser guessed his age
at being 68 years old............Mr. Bill was in his late 30's at the time..........This is story is one example of a "Blesoe-ism".....we have
lots of Bledsoeisms.........Take Wade for instance.....here is a list of things Wade used to say.....Abraham Lincolnton.....yes, he actually
said Lincoln-ton.........Eleafalant....that's el-a-phal-lant...that's elephant for the rest of us......and paskettis.....that's spaghetti for you and
me.....then there is piz........"Wade, why did you do that?"..."Piz I want to"........Piz...meant because....."because I want to"....then
there was the spelling quiz.........Wade had to study his spelling words for a quiz one week....we would make up sentences for him,
so that he would get the word in proper context and then spell it.....the word was eight........"Wade, I have eight pickles"...."No, you don't
Mama, you have eaten pickels"....."No, Wade, silly boy ...I have eight pickles"...."Mama, that's wrong...you can't have ate pickles"..........
URGHH...boys......and Joshua....oh my ...Joshua......The first week we moved out here to the Campground....the Jefcoats came by
to welcome us............OH MY...I will forever love them for making us feel so at home here.....I can see it as clearly today as when it
happened all those years ago......Sweet Sister Sue Jefcoat sitting in the drivers seat of her SUV...."My Joshua, it's so great to meet
you....and you have such wonderful manners...how did you get those?"......His response.....oh my....."Thank you Ms. Sue...i have them
because I am afraid of my Daddy"......yes...he really said it......yes, he was only 6 at the time, so I couldn't really kill him......and yes,
I wanted to crawl under a rock!!!!!!!.......We still tease one another with our "Bledsoe-isms".......we still find new ones to add to the list
daily.......................So, what about you guys?....got any Blonshine-isms?.....found any new ones lately?.........Lord, bless this family today
that they know the depths of YOUR mighty presence in their lives collectively ...and individually....Lord, remind them of the laughter that
they have....remind them of their many Blonshine-isms......and show them new ones to add to their list today.....Lord, ....please continue to be with
our precious Erin and take away her cabin fever.....give her a new hope...a renewed zest...a renewed sense of YOUR perfect JOY in her heart....
.Father, remind her.........remind her of the joy she feels every time she senses YOUR nearness....remind her of the joy of the day when she accepted
Christ as her savior.....remind her of the power of this time.......the power of what YOU are doing with this time......and the magnitude of the
effect that she is having on so many people all over the world right now..............Father, we know that this is very difficult for Erin....but we
pray that YOU would give to her patience and peace and grace to carry on as YOU carry her through this time.....Lord, we pray that YOU would
continue to tend to her blood count numbers....we know that YOUR timing is the best and most perfect timing there is....so even though it is hard
to be patient in this.....we know that YOU are doing what is best for our precious sister............Lord, continue to be with her doctors and nurses...
be with those who visit and those who write to her................Father, continue to surround her parents and her sisters and her extended family
as they continue to surround her..................Lord, YOUR word says that if there be two or more of you gathered in MY name, then I will be with you..
Lord....I'm sure that there are others who will stand in agreement with me........IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF CHRIST JESUS............................
AMEN.............................................
I continue to pray for each of you. I know the days can seem so long...just know that you are not alone. Erin, even from that hospital room, you are reaching deep into a mission field... I just imagine how all of your students and youth are being fed by the words from your family and others...I know I am being ministered to! I also know that your world at Emory is a mission field as well! Your family's Faith and willingness to Praise, even in the midst of trials, is a testimony to everyone! I was so blessed by the presence of your father leading worship Sunday. Thank you all for sharing him with us for that time. Know that you continue to be in our prayers throughout the day! We love you guys! Hugs to all,
Kristie Chamlee
Dear Coach:
We just wanted to let you know that we check on you everyday. We're thinking about you and hoping the very best for you.
Tracy and Erica Birkbeck
Our prayers are with you and we are so humbled in praise by your strength and blogs! So glad to hear good news about you Erin. Hang in there and love to your entire family!
Mark, Margaret, and Jack Carter from FUMC!! :)
Sounds like it's time for a VIRTUAL BLOG GROUP HUG...everybody, all together now........Feel it Erin?!!
I could probably get that in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's largest virtual blog group hug. Pretty sure...
LOVE YOU!
Dear Sweet Erin,
Thank you for the blessing of visiting with you today. God's glory just radiates from you, your family, and your many friends who write on this blog. What an awesome opportunity that God is using you to shine to so many others even in the midst of your storm. One of the stories in my Bible study this week was about Peter's unbelief when Jesus asked him to walk out on the water with Him. Peter was oblivious to the fact that God's glory was shining through him to show all the disciples who Jesus was.
I know that hospital room is the pitts, but take a moment to relish the fact that our mighty, all-powerful, awesome God is shining so bright through this storm that it will touch some unbelievers. God works for the good of those who love him, and girl, get ready because you have some mighty big blessings coming your way. We love you, and are praying that you will be able to come home soon.
The Sykes'
Erin:
Be STRONG! I know it's tough, but God believes in you, along with so many other people.
I love listening to music because oftentimes I can identify with the lyrics of songs. One of my favorites is "I Believe in You" by Bethany Dillon- I think I put it on your cd.
This song is like God singing to me telling me that he believes in me when no one else does:
"I believe, even when I see you crying;
I believe, let me dream for you;
when nothing comes from trying
oh remember, I believe in you..."
sending oh so much love your way
ellen
erin, erin, erin...
i just thought i'd let you know that i love you so much...
ok so i dont have a verse but i do have a (actually a couple!) song lyrics (since i am SUCH a music addict!! AH!!) so here it is...
"God will make a way
When there seems to be no way
Forever He is faithful
He will make a road"
"Incomparable, Unchangeable,
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same.
You are amazing God."
"You are beautiful my sweet, sweet song
And I will sing again
You are so good to me
You heal my broken heart
You are my Father in Heaven"
erin! boy do i love you! and i hope these lyrics help... i know that lyrics like these help me through the hard times...
well, i love you!
XOXO
kelsey gay
Good evening Erin and Blonstein family! I hope that Tuesday has been a brighter day for you! I ran across this little excerpt from a Max Lucado book and of course thought of you. Forgive me if it's a little long:
"Stand and consider:
The Hubble Space Telescope sends back infared images of faint galaxies that are perhaps 12 billion light years away (12 billion times 6 trillion miles).
Astronomers venture a feeble estimate that the number of stars in the universe equals the number of grains of sand on all the beaches of the world. The star Eta Carinae outshines our sun, in the same way Yankee stadium outshines a cigarette lighter. 5 million times brighter!
The Star Betelgeuse has a diameter of 100 million miles, which is larger than the earth's orbit around the sun.
Why the immensity? Why such vast, unmeasured, enexplored, "unused" space? So that you and I, freshly stunned, could be stirred by this resolve: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13 The Christ of the galaxies is the Christ of your Mondays. The Starmaker manages your travel schedule. You have a friend in high places."
We love you Erin! You and the entire Blonstein family remain in our thoughts, our conversations, and of course our prayers!
Love, Stewie & Pam (By the way, Erin, Ken told me to tell you that if you pay him $20, we'll name baby #2 Erin. If it's a boy though, he said it will cost you $40!!
I am adding this codicile for the sake of fairness within my family unit....I gave you a Mr. Bill story, I gave you Wade stories..I gave you my favorite Joshua story..so for the sake of fairness, I will now sacrifice myself in honor of my family....you see....you don't have to be crazy to have a Bledsoe-ism.....so, here we go.....we had just moved into the Caretakers house....outside it was warm....the first Campmeeting was coming up ...and I was busy taking care of your Caretaker...as he was...well..Care-taking...at the Campground...He had come in from an extra long day...I had been working at the house during the day...it was dusk...we had finished dinner...and I was standing on the back deck...just looking out at the Campground.....now we had heard stories of the vandalism that had happened prior to us being here...and on this night...I KNEW...I JUST KNEW...the vandals were caught....as I was standing on the back deck...I saw a brief flash of light...and then it was gone....and a few minutes later...I saw another one...it looked like someone was on the hill, up the trail, behind the crosses...and they literally appeared to be running back and forth in the woods with flash lights....it was as if they wanted to see where they were going, but didn't want to get caught..so they were turning off their flashlights...in what I thought appeared to be a very sneaky manner....I ran into the house..."BILL!!!...There's someone at the Campground..and they're running through the woods with FLASHLIGHTS!!!!"...I was mortified...I was scared...I was SCREAMING!!!!...Bill rushed outside...and couldn't see what I was seeing...it appeared to have stopped...but in order to make sure the Campground was okay...Bill grabbed one of the walkie-talkies...and snuck through the Campground to go find the tresspassers.......He walked the entire length of the Campground....all 55 acres...in the dark....with a walkie talkie...trying to find the hoodlums who were invading this sacred ground......after about an hour and a half...going back and forth with me on the deck on the other walkie talkie...Bill came back to the house....with no contact being made with the vandals..........he was very tired....he had already worked such a long day....and had been in relax mode on the couch when I rousted him from his rest...and then stealthily stalked his prey in the dark...in the woods....with me giving directions over a walkie-talkie....all to no avail.....as he exited the back door and stood on the deck with me...I saw the lights again....THERE THEY ARE!!!....he saw them that time...and then he started laughing at me.........."BARB...those are lightening bugs!!!"....fireflies...obviously gigantic fireflies...with obviously gigantic flash lights...to this day....to this day....I still hear about my gigantic lightening bugs....and Mr. Bill chasing them through the woods ....at night...........You know....you don't have to be crazy to work at the Campground......but I guess it helps..........WE LOVE YOU ALL.......Have a REST FILLED evening.............
"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy".
Psalm 61:2& 3
Erin;
I love this verse, it gives a good visual on how God lifts us above the difficulties of the day. When you're feeling overwhelmed, close your eyes and imagine God sheltering you from the "enemy".
I so wish I could be there to give you a hug, but the virtual hug will have to do. I pray tonight you will sleep in peace and wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.
Love ya bunches! Aunt Debbie
Good Evening Miss Erin:
I wanted you to know that I survived another 8th grade girls group meeting last night. They made Kristen "pat me down" for clippers before I could get close to them. And while they continued to watch me closely, (and they do make me nervous)none of them produced weapons like they did last week.
As I'm sure you know by now, the negotiations to hire your Mom for the Moore/Butz Team has fallen through. You remember on our last visit that she proclaimed her affection for pregnancy and baby delivery. Thats just not going to work well with the areas we "specialize" in. Obviously our loss. Yet, on the good news side, your Aunt Debbie seems interested in talking with us. Of course, she hasn't met us yet.
And even better news... we are working on bringing Lauren Blessing in as a Physicians Assistant. She has expressed her desire to be a Doctor one day. And while we see that in her future, we strongly feel that she should at least finish high school before we allow her to use the title of "Doctor". We do have high standards to maintain. Her Father and I talked briefly last night while the girls met. He will be representing her in the negotiations. So far, the prime item on her list is for her name to go first in the title. Blessing-Moore-Butz does have a certain ring to it, don't you think?
Sleep well and sweet dreams!
All Our Love and Prayers!
Dr. Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.
Erin,
Thanks for being such a HUGE inspiration to me. I wouldn’t run 26. 2 miles for just anyone you know :). You are my personal HERO for this event. Or to put it in a little bit of your perspective that would be 550.2 laps around the hospital floor. Erin, I have always been amazed at your relentless ability to put others before yourself. Even though you may not be able to be at the finish line to cheer me on, rest assured I am going to do everything I can to help you finish your race. If I could endure even a fraction of what you are experiencing than I should be golden for finishing a marathon. You are so strong and with the support of all your fans (including the #1 Man Upstairs Himself) I know you’re going to come out of this with a gold medal! If you want to check out my website you can visit it at: http://www.active.com/donate/tntga/tntgaDlarkin. Today began the kickoff of Team in Training so I’ll be updating the site as I go along so people can keep track of my progress. It was so good to see your beautiful smile Erin. I continue to pray for you everyday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Love,
Denise
Erin,
I feel for you! I know first hand what its like to be "stuck" in the hospital and what a glorious feeling it is to be released. Its the best place and the worst place for you. Fear not, rest assured that you will be released (in Gods timing though). Keep praying and know that countless others are praying for you too.
May God continue to watch over you and your family.
Love,
The Kechriotis family
Good Morning Erin-
"I lift my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you--
the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more."
Psalm 121
Nothing can separate us from the love of God! This passage reminds me of a father or mother's love. And, God loves us even more and will protect us even more than our parents, which seems unfathomable when we are talking about your parents or my parents and other parents I know.
I pray for you this morning, Erin and that today would be a good day filled with new challenges and new peace. I love you!
Brittany
Hey there Erin,
I know about those hot flashes in many ways due to my hysterectomy, but also know they are not fun. My students love to comment "Mrs. Techo you are all red". So don't worry about it. I tell them it is just giving me more color and strength. Let those hot flashes give you the boost you need to beat this thing. Good luck and we have you in our prayers.
Kelly Techo
I was searching "Blonshine" for family tree info and stumbled on your blog. What a shock, please know that we will add our prayers for Erin. Our love, your cousin, Cherry and Will Reynolds in New Port Richey
Post a Comment