Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thurs 1/31 1200

Sorry this is late, I was waiting for numbers to post. I only have some of the numbers. Her WBC are up to 1.7 Thank you Lord!! We don't have the ANC yet. Erin slept well, they disconnected her IV pump so we didn't have any beeping in the night. It was so quiet!! And she only had to get up once because she had less fluid going in. :-) She did need some pain med at 8 p.m. but they brought her some pills and they worked well, in fact so well that she fell asleep during Lost. Me too, i confess, hope we can stay up tonight to watch that crazy show. And Praise God that watching TV is again entertainment instead of just distraction. We are really looking forward to going home and getting Erin in her own bed again. Unfortunately we won't get to keep our dogs at home, my sister will be keeping them for a few months more. I think she can visit with them for short spells, she just can't live with them, you never know when one of them will kiss your face!! Yuck, dog germs!! Actually, we love dog germs, but Erin's body won't be able to fight them, so, JoJo gets to keep them, hope she doesn't spoil them too much!!! Thanks Chappy for Russia on the map. Everyone who comes in the room asks about the map and is amazed at the answer. A prayer map!! A great conversation starter!! Blessings on all of you for your faithfulness in prayer!! We couldn't do this without you!! hugs, janet

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't someone's birthday coming up soon? Who's is it? I just can't seem to remember! Wait....it couldn't be....is it yours?!?!
-Monica

Alissa said...

Hello Erin!
I just wanted to let you know that the Canterbury School of Florida and all of our teachers, parents, and students said a prayer for you in Chapel this morning. I know you probably already have St. Petersburg on your prayer map but hopefully we added some surrounding cities this morning. John and I wish you the best. Tell everyone we said hello and we miss them and love them!
XOXOXOX Alissa & John

Dave and Annette said...

I can't believe you are all fans of Lost too! We can't wait to watch it tonight. We'll be watching with you guys. Be careful though, the show can get kind of scary at times and your numbers may just skyrocket - wouldn't that be awesome!

Keep hanging in there. We'll keep praying for you and thinking of you guys especially tonight while your watching TV.

Love you all,
Dave and Annette Houtz

Cindy Sykes said...

Hi Erin
Stephen & I are big LOST fans too. We have scrambled to catch up on season 3 before the premiere tonight. It is a really wierd show, but we love it! You eventually get used to planning around your ANC count--don't get discouraged about the slow rise. It will come up at just the right time for you to go home--God is probably making sure that you will be able to be home for the BIG BIRTHDAY! Don't forget to find your bright spot for today and hang on tight! Smile BIG for all those around you because you know you have a huge army cheering you on. We lift you up in prayer throughout every day. We love you sweet girl!
The Sykes'

Hope said...

Hey Hey...

I am constantly thinking of you! And praying for you!

Last Night I stumbled upon a verse that I wanted to share with you:

Romans 8:28
And we know that those who love God all things will work out for the good...!

Our God is good. Much Love!
-Kristen MacDonald

Anonymous said...

I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory.
Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.
I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and bro't
To me the victory.
Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.


(I Corinthians 15:57) But thanks be to GOD , which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ……

I love this old Campmeeting song……It’s my doubt song….Huh?…You know,....... my doubt song…....it’s one of those oldies, but goodies, that clears my doubts away………Let me explain…I don’t doubt God’s ability to heal you…..I don’t doubt God’s desire to heal you….I doubt at this point in your recovery that, as your mom said the other day, that you can see the “Big Picture”---of what God is doing in your life and through this time…..But, I don’t doubt GOD….I doubt that you feel that you can move mountains right now…I doubt that any of us feel we could…..But I don’t doubt God…I doubt that you feel that you are strong enough today ----I doubt that you feel like dancing or even playing here lately…..but I don’t doubt God…….I doubt that it’s going to be easy for you…getting through all of this….but I DON”T DOUBT GOD!!!……I don’t doubt for one minute, that He is in that room with you right this very minute…………….I don’t doubt that HE is PERSONALLY attending to your blood counts right this very second….I don’t doubt that they are improving as a direct result of what GOD is doing to them right now……and I don’t doubt for a minute that HE would ever walk away from you……He will always be with you….there will always be GOD + Erin……..We don’t know what God will do next---we don’t know how God is going to work all of this out….we don’t know when God is going to settle this…..BUT….we don’t doubt GOD…we don’t doubt that HIS hand is upon you….we don’t doubt that HE is carrying you each and every step of the way during this time-----what we doubt is our human-ness……our own abilities to continue…..what do we do to counter those thoughts?……we just believe…..Mark 9:24 tells us…”I believe…Help my unbelief”…..
He is big enough…….He is understanding enough---….to accept that we are doubt filled at times…..and the really neat part is….He is always willing to help us out of our doubts….convincing us and reassuring us that HE is sufficient…..assuring us of HIS character…..and along the way deepening and increasing our faith…..George MacDonald said it well when he said, “Doubt can be a tool in God’s hand wielded, in the lives of those who allow it, for the strengthening, not the destruction of faith.”….That George MacDonald’s a pretty smart fella…

Lord, we thank YOU for the improvements that Erin is experienceing today...Lord, we look forward to hearing about her numbers going up to the right levels and that she will be able to go home....Lord, thank You for being with her...and protecting her during this time....Father, continue to surround these precious friends...and let them cast their cares upon YOU Lord, because there is no doubt that YOU are KING!!....IN JESUS' NAME...AMEN....

Anonymous said...

Erin..Keep being strong!! You are loved by MANY and prayed for continuously!! I am here for each of you guys if you need anything!
Always ~af

Anonymous said...

John and I are such nerds...we'er usually in bed by the time Lost comes on. I can't even stay up for Gray's anymore! Of course, John does get up at 4:30 on Friday mornings for men's group! I am sure they will be lifting you up in the morning...as we still pray for you nightly with the kids! They all want to come see you and give you a big hug, however it is Aaron who has the slight cough now! Like I said, it will be Summer before we're living in a cough-free zone!!! I do have something I have been working on for you...I'll try to track down someone coming to see you early next week and send it down! Once again, give each other hugs for us! We know that God is working wonders through you and this awful illness...even if you don't feel like it, you're being His tool!
God Bless!!!
Love to all!
Kristie Chamlee

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin! Former DHS cheerleader here.. I heard about everything going on through my mom, she works with Jennifer's mom, and some of your moms friends that worked with her in L&D... so I came on to see how you were doing. I'm glad to see that everything is getting better now. Thumbs up to your parents for keeping this site up daily. It's such an awesome tool and probably saves hundreds of phone calls. It's great that you are sharing your experiences, it's such an inspiration to others. Anways, just thinking about you and praying for you. Stay strong
alexi upchurch

Margaret said...

Hi Erin!

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you!

We love you and pray for you many times throughout the day!

Keep up the good work and get lots of rest!

Love,
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Miss Erin,

We hope you've had a good day. Today has been kind of quiet... maybe too quiet. I keep waiting on the latest demands from Lauren Blessing. She is sneaky you know. The last request was not just for a company car, but for a driver to go with it. And not just any driver, but one that resembles the picture facing you. No, not the one of me and Dr. Butz. The other one that has a larger selection of faces in it. Yeah, that one. Probably only because they are closer to her in age. What else could it be??

We are still getting requests for Dr. Butz expertise in sleep and vision disorders. I'm not sure how that will fit in with our business model. Either way, be assured that you will remain our prime patient. Your needs will always come ahead of any others. You will always have the distinction of being our first, and possibly only, patient.

And if Ken Stewart wants $20 to name a baby girl Erin, I'll be happy to pay it for you. However, if it's a boy he needs to name it Ken. Then he could call it "Doc" after me. Not "Junior" as he might insist he really meant for it to be.

Hope you have a peaceful and restful night!

All Our Love and Prayers!
Dr. Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.

The Stills said...

Hey Blonshines! I'm having a little caffeine myself right now so I'll be able to stay up for LOST. I can't really remember how it ended last season but I'm sure it was exciting and I do want to know why Jack and Kate have to go back. Seems like a bad idea but then Jack looks really rough. Anyway, I'll be thinking of you all with each commercial break!

Love,
vicki

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin and family! Yeah for 1.7! I'm liking the progress! So I ran two miles today, one for me and one for you just in case and Becca went to track practice so she got hers in too! And yeah for Lost! I'm glad you are getting better and I can't wait until you are fully recovered, you're on you way! Love you, jessie

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kiddo,
Just want you to know I'm still praying hard for you, your mom & dad, your sisters, and all your care givers every day!

You should know that you continue to be an inspiration to me as well as to everyone else that's keeping up with your progress through this blog (thanks aunt Janet & uncle Bill). I started exercising on an elliptical machine some time back ago & worked up to doing 4 miles each morning when someone told me I should try to do some of it backwards. Oh how easy that sounded & oh how hard it turned out to be but I committed to doing the last mile backwards each day in your honor. It's so hard that I come close to giving up each day but then I think of how hard you must be working at doing your laps & I succeed in completing mine :0)

"... be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord our God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

As hard as it might be . . . how fast you recover hangs, at least in part, on your own mental attitude. Be strong and courageous and know that we are all in this fight with you but more importantly, KNOW that our heavenly Father is with you every step of the way!!!

If your up to it, Aunt Debbie, Jenny, Jake, & I would like to visit you on the weekend of your birthday. I love you and keep a positive attitude; toes up, knees bent, arms straight!!! You can do it :0)

Anonymous said...

hey ms bloneshine
its me nia from cheerleading im glade to hear your doing better... i hope you got the poster we made you... cheerleading is going pretty good we all miss you very much... hope to see you soon
i lov you get well soon
Nia

Anonymous said...

Here's a funny quote:

"Television is a medium, because anything well done is rare." - Fred Allen

-Amy bohon

brittanydyan said...

Good morning Erin,

I hope last night was a good night for you. Will and I watched Lost the other night, and we've never watched it before. It's amazing how wrapped up in it we were. Hopefully, you got to watch the rest of it yesterday.

Praise God for rising numbers. I am still praying that you will be going home soon. There's nothing like your own bed to sleep in.

Lord, I pray for Erin's spirit. I pray that you would lift her spirit today and give her a peace and joy that is beyond understanding. I pray that when the low times come that you would hold her and assure her of your constant presence and love. Be with the doctors and give them good judgment. Thank you for surrounding Erin with loving, positive professionals. I pray that you would provide a way for her to go home soon. Thank you for the Blonshine family and their faithfulness in pain and heartache. Bring their family together in Your name. We love you and trust you.

Amen.

Love you guys, Brittany