Sunday, January 20, 2008
Sun 1/20 11:00
Good morning and thank you for your prayers. "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." Erin finished up 6 and half more laps last night to make a half a mile. She is in good spirits this morning after a movie night with Laura. They "watched 5 movies" or slept through them. Laura is a good sister-sitter, keeping Erin laughing. She just returned from walking 5 laps. Erin's coworkers brought her a basket of gifts to open, one each day, and it has been such a great way to bribe her to do things she doesn't want to do. Today she opened a journal and said "good, today is the day I am going to start writing a book". That was the first I heard, so I am excited. We have always told her she could write a book!! You see, God does have plans to give her a future!!! Thanks again for your continued support. We are blessed to be surrounded by such an awesome faith community. We love you all, Janet
13 comments:
The SON is shining......I expect that any moment now the jonquils will poke their little heads up out of the snow moitstened ground-...it just feels like a Spiritual Spring is about to break through!!......There will still be cloudy, rainy days....of this I'm sure...how else can all the things of Spring be nourished..renewed?....How else can their roonts learn to dig deeper into the ground...remarkably..making them stronger...more sure footed...more secure...producers of better fruit?.........A friend of mine once said, "It's always great to be strong and stand your ground-..just makes ure you know what it is you are standing on first."....Today sweet Erin, I'm standing on GOD'S promises for you.....There is nothing that makes you stronger...more sure footed...more secure...HE is Alpha and Omega....Our Great Physician...the ONE who stands as the CHIEF CORNERSTONE....He is our Bright and Morning Star....He is the LIVING WATER...He is the Dayspring....the Dayspring...where is that?....oh..here it is...let's read a little before and a little after.....Luke 1:75 and on....
In Holiness and Righteousness before HIM all the days of our life. "And you child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare HIS ways; to give knowledge of salvation to HIS people- By the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." So, the child grew and became strong in spirit and was in the deserts till the day of his manifestation to Israel.
Wow...Erin...prepare to share sweet sister...You have a mighty, mighty testimony being formed in your life right now...a testimony of not only God's healing hand...but a testimony of encouragement and the value of spiritual love for others......
Father, we ask for a Spiritual Spring for our friends the Blonshines today.....that they find their roots digging deeper and deeper...becoming more and more entrenched in your powerful and healing WORD....and as a result bring forth a fruitfilled testimony of YOUR goodness....Lord, bless them with YOUR JOY.....abundantly overflowing in their hearts and faces.....Let YOUR joy so permeate their flesh that it simply oozes out of their pores......and onto those who are around them......that the overflow brings GLORY to YOU Lord......and gives those who have never seen it...a glimpse of Your light.....that it affects them in such a manner as they being to thirst after YOU.......Father..steady Erin's heart today and keep her Spirit light......as YOU continue to work on her flesh......bringing complete healing to her body....renew her today LORD....as only YOU can do......IN JESUS' MIGHTY NAME.....AMEN.......
I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, Erin! I'm offering now to edit your book for you - for free! :)
Erin,
The men of FUMC were all thinking of you on the mountain top this weekend. I am glad to hear that you have been able to eat, and I can't wait to read your book. Include something in there about planting a church or leadership so I can write it off! We miss you and are praying for you.
Love,
Stephen and Rebekah
hi erin!
so it has been forever since our SAO days, but i just want you to know that i am praying constantly for you and your family!
I was just telling Kristen MacDonald the other day how when i think of you I just think of joy and love and those incredible hugs you give...seriously the best hug giver ever! (marlaina always said so too!) and well, since i can't be there to give you back a hug to thank you for all the times you hugged me, i am just praying that an angel gives you a Huge hug from me! i love you and just want you to know you are on the hearts and minds of so many! you really are an inspiration to me!
LOVE, kristin boyd
oh and i am so buying that book you write! can i get a signed copy? :)
Erin,
It has been awhile since our SAO days, but those are some of the best memories! I am so thankful that you joined SAO. If had not been for SAO, I would have missed out on getting to know a wonderful person!! I came across this verse today and thought of you!
"See! I will not forget you...I have carved you on the palm of my hand." Isaiah 49:15
I know what you and your family is going through is rough, but I am almost positive God is going to use to do something amazing!! He is always with us, and He never forgets about us!! You are my prayers and on my mind often these days!!
PS By the way, I want a signed copied of the book!
Love you!
April
Hello Miss Erin,
Just got back from the mountain top and the men's retreat. No strange food or games. No food fights. No serious pranks. Other than that it was pretty good. Not like a youth retreat, but OK.
Friday night at our first small group meeting I asked for prayers for you and your family. I understand most of the groups raised you up. You were also prayed for by the whole group together. A bunch of what Natalia called "Old Men" asking God for mercy and blessings for you. So on Saturday when Stephen had his PC running, we checked this blog and read about the blessing of the healing of your mouth. With tears in my eyes, I gave thanks to God for hearing not only our prayers, but the prayers of thousands you will never meet. You were due for something good after the days you'd just experienced. And about the hair, most of the guys (especially the ones with little or none of their own) claim hair is over-rated anyway. As for me, I look forward to looking into your big heart (through your eyes) and hearing you laugh again. The hair, while it was a part of you, isn't the part of you that we love the most. That all comes from the inside. OK, OK... enough sentimentality.
Kara and Nat both look pretty cool themselves since we cut their hair off. They promised, remember. The rest of the girls will join them in the new look at the next girls group meeting. You believe that, right?? Just kidding, of course. Even though they are watching me closely now in fear that I might not be joking. Your 8th grade girls love you and miss you.
I haven't heard from your Moms agent or Dr. Butz in the last couple of days. Probably because of it being the weekend. I hope they aren't up to something without my help. I imagine planning and negotiations will resume after the Monday holiday. I did have several other men on the retreat offer their help for the Spring Break Escape. Florida, here we come.
All our Love and Prayers,
Dr. Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.
Hey Erin!
Just checking in to say Hello and we love you! I'm so glad to hear you got in a half mile yesterday and you had an enjoyable night with movies. Kara, Kate and I only got 3 in for the day, and I had to take a power nap before movie #3 at 11pm.
You know Dr. Ken claimed credit for the healing of the mouth sores when he dropped off Pete this afternoon from the retreat. Is there nothing this man won't claim he is responsible for? Seriously, they were both so grateful you could eat and you are feeling better, just as we all are.
I have to go now. I'm going against everything I have been taught since becoming a Knapik and cheer on the Packers. Can you believe that? See miracles really do happen the Knapik family (Kate is still iffy) will be cheering for Green Bay. We might not be able to show are faces again when we visist family and friends in Chicago!
We love you!
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara
Erin, when I told the church people about your healed sores, they all said "Amen". They knew all the prayers would really make a difference. I agree with the person who said you can now try any different style of hair you want, including short hair!! All of you Blonshines are amazing and talented. We know you will finish your book and we are anxious to read it. Of Course, we expect a signed copy!!
Love y'all. Eunice and Herb
Erin- You should soooo write a book! I am serious. I can't wait to read it. What are you thinking? Fiction or Nonfiction? I think you could do either and tell a compelling story:)
Lord, I pray for Erin tonight. I pray that you continue to lift her spirits and provide for her daily. Help her to have a restful night's sleep. I pray that she keeps laughing and walking everyday. Thank you for good news and for miracles. You are an awesome God that works in ways beyond our understanding, but we know you work for the good of those who love you. Thank you.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
Hi Erin,
God has been working overtime for you this weekend! Vicki and I were at a Vision for Disciple Making this weekend and ran into a few people who have you on their hearts now. One of them is working in China and also doing "undercover" (just modeling Christlikeness) missionary work in China and will be praying for you. I would tell you the city, but unfortunately, I cannot read the Chinese language from his business card!
We also met someone who mentors a hematology specialist at Emory/CHOA and we will be asking the doctor to pray for you and perhaps drop in to see you.
Vicki, Courtney and I had a special time this weekend to continue to lift you up in our prayers. You are a very special to the entire Still family!
We Love You,
David (Mr. Still) :)
Verse for today:
"Now to him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever. Amen."
-Ephesians 3:20-21
God is so BIG! There was a saying at West Rome Baptist (where I went to church while at Berry): Pray big and expect bigger! We all are praying for the miracle we know God can provide but He can do so much more than we could ever ask.
I would like to visit you tomorrow and give you a proper nail painting...unlike one of your sisters, Amanda! I will call you in the morning to see if you're up to it and you can decide then. Have a SWONDERFUL night! Love you darlin!
-Monica
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
It seems you've had quite a few things to rejoice about day: 6 laps!, starting a book, watching movies and having a blast with family. You are blessed my sweet friend with a fabulous family! I can tell just from the blogs your mom writes that you have a family of faith surrounding you! What a blessing to have, especially in hard times!
I hope you enjoy the holiday tomorrow! I know i will enjoy being able to sleep past 6...the one aspect of being a teacher that i would trade:) But i love my kids. Oh Erin i hope you get well quickly..you are a fabulous teacher! I know your kids felt your love and sunshine everyday. They need that in their life. They need you. So remember that when you want to give up...you have students, ones who don't even know you yet, that are waiting for you to teach them with the Love of Christ in your heart to shine on them!
sweet dreams friend!
Hi sunshine! What's up with the spaghettio's?? Sounds to me like you're almost ready to graduate to some real ravioli - who knows - maybe a big chocolate bar is just around the corner! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers - and I am truly amazed (but not at all surprised) to hear of the strength and grace you continue to show throughout this journey. When I think of you, all I see is that smiling face exuding such joy and positive attitude. You are my inspiration!!! HUGS!!
Pat L.
Post a Comment