Hello Everyone!
Bill here with my first blog post. Janet has become a blog master and she is much better at providing technical detail and will provide more info later. Meanwhile, Erin is in good spirits. Her rash is better and she is not nearly as itchy as she had been. She has had a bit of a stomach ache since yesterday and did not eat much or feel up to walking last night. We are through day 7 of 10 on the first chemo round and looking forward to completing it. Although she is down to 2 doses per day, it seems there are still people coming in every hour or two during the night to check on one thing or another. Erin says she does not recommend the hospital as a place to get rest!
I asked the doctor about when the hardest part of this first treatment cycle would be for Erin and he said it is usually 7-10 days after completion of the chemo. That is evidently when the effects of the chemo really fully hit and her immune system and energy typically reach their lowest levels. So for all you prayer warriors out there, we thank you and covet your continued prayers!
I want you all to know that we have felt God's presence throughout this process and a tremendous sense of peace in knowing that so many prayers are being lifted up! Thank you for the love that you have shown Erin and our family. It has truly been amazing!! GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!
Blessings,
Bill
10 comments:
Verse for today and oh so relevant!
"Your heavenly Father knows your needs. He will ALWAYS give you all you need from day to day if you will the Kingdom of God your primary concern."
- Luke 12:30-31
How reassuring!
Monica
Hi Erin!
I'm pretty scared reading Dr. Ken's comment from yesterday. You know those two have plenty of time to work out an elaborate plan that can not fail with PROFESSIONALS! Key word "professionals" Dr Ken and Dr Rip or should I say Dr Butz?
Enough of about those two crazy men!
We returned to our Disciple class last night. We missed JoEllen, but we put you on our prayer list and spoke of you a lot. You are so loved by so many people because you are such an AWESOME young woman!
I hope you have a good day and get some rest!
We love you and we are still praying for you and your family.
Love,
Margaret, Pete, Kara and Kate
Just dropping in to say that the Blaney's are thinking about you Erin and you will remain at the top of our prayer list.
Erin, ever since I found out I have continued to pray for you and your family. There is a letter in the mail with some old pictures of all of us at the pool i thought you would enjoy seeing! Again, I continue to pray for you and love you!
Love, Erin
Erin,
I would be more than happy to walk for you. Will that count. We are thinking of you and hope to see you when your round is over, if you are up to it.
God bless,
Stephen and Rebekah
Hello, Erin!
I have been readings the posts every single day since I found out about your challenge. It is so amazing to feel the love of all the people who are praying!!! What an inspiration! I hope each day will bring you strength and faith. We will all continue our prayers for your recovery.
Much love,
Ms. Davila
Tom and I are so sorry to hear about Erin's ordeal. I have added her name to our prayer list at church and also sent her name to several other prayer lists that I know of hear in Huntsville. We are praying for her here loud and clear. Thanks for the blog keeping us updated. It sounds as though there is a great support group and heaven must be very busy with all these prayers/ All thing are possible through him so stay strong.
Gwen and Tom Gissendanner
Hi Erin!
I just wanted to say good evening to you and to let you know that I think of you sooo very often throughout the day. Of course the first thing I think of is your beautiful smile and sweet spirit!
"I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord YOUR God is WITH YOU WHEREVER you go!!!!" Joshua 1:9
Although the caps and exclamation marks are mine :0)
Love you!
Pam
Erin, The Witter family continues to pray for you daily. We also sent up our prayers for you last night at Disciple class. I hope you realize how loved you are by so many people. I look forward to our Lake Burton trip this summer. I always feel a special connection to God when we are taking our boat ride at sunset or watching the fog lift off of the lake early in the morning. I also realize that the presence of God can be felt in a hospital room and I hope that you are experiencing that comfort. Love, Lane
hey Ms.Blonshine, i hope you feel bettter...your in my prayers.
Love You
Post a Comment