Friday, January 4, 2008

Good Morning and God bless to all our prayer warriors. Erin slept as much as they let her last night. the nausea passed and she was able to walk her mile yesterday, finishing around 9 p.m. with Laura. they want her to walk 21 laps of the unit every day, that's a mile. This morning they are doing a spinal tap before they start the chemo. We were blessed to have a guy named Jonathan come visit yesterday. He is a brother of a friend of a friend and he drove all the way here to encourage Erin. He was in her room 2 years ago with Leukemia and just felt led to come and share with her. Thanks to God for angels everywhere we turn . One of the housekeepers here comes in and sings to Erin. She has a gifted voice and a wonderful collection of inspirational songs and she just comes ni and belts them out!! Our love to all, janet

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

My name is Sue Nichols and my children, Gage and Jessie, talk about you often. They love spending time with you at Youth. I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better and could walk your mile! I have added you to our prayer list at school (Rock Spring Elementary). Our family will also keep you in their prayers. Keep your spirits up and know that so many prayers are being lifted up for you. Always remember how much you are loved.

Sue Nichols

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed by your faith and wonderful outlook! Count us among the many who are joining you in believing God and His promises.

"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples." Psalm 77:11-14

Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers,
Bill, Paula Tripp & Cason Calhoun

Margaret said...

Good Morning Sunshine!

So Dr. Rip and Dr. Ken stopped by for a visit yesterday! That had to be entertaining.....Count your blessings it was Dr. Rip and not his evil twin brother "Dr. Butz."

We love you and we are so happy the news you received yesterday was encouraging. We will all miss you on the retreat, but word is out the two good "docotors" of FUMC are planning an "Erin heist." All I have to say is good luck doctors! You know you will probably be more informed on the retreat than those of us attending. All those youth plus the adults just imagine all the stories you will hear when we get back.

We love you, and could you walk a mile for me, I need it!

Have a great and restful weekend!
Margaret

brittanydyan said...

Erin- I am praying for you as you begin the treatment. I am so thankful for the angels surrounding you. Blonshines- Thank you for the updates. They guide our prayer.

Brittany

Joanna said...

Wonderful news, Erin -- with your strength and spirit and sprightly self this thing doesn't have a chance against you.

Still nothing exciting at school--except all of your students are in love with Jared...

Love,
Joanna Feldman

Angela said...

Erin,
I was just thinking about you over the break and planned to see how the first semester ended. I recieved the news when I got to work on Wednesday and have had you in my thoughts and prayers since. I have been seeing our former students in the halls and telling them to send good thoughts and warm wishes of strength. We are all with you as you work to overcome this.

Love,
Angela Dean

Kelly and Erica Techo said...

Erin,

I am glad to hear you are doing better. I am posting the prayer I am doing with the girls before the basketball games today. I hope it helps all of us lift your spirits and enable you to get better soon. We love you.
Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to help heal Erin Blondshine our beloved coach and teacher. Touch her soul, ours, and others around her with Your compassion. Touch our hearts with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch our minds with Your wisdom, that our mouths may always proclaim Your praise. Teach us to reach out to You in our needs, and help us to lead others to You by our examples. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring our health in body and spirit that we may serve You with all of our strength.

Kelly Techo and 9th Grade Cheer Lions

Anonymous said...

My verse for today on the daily calendar I have is "Be still and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10. If you still have walking to do on Saturday late afternoon, Tyler and I would love to walk with you! We would like to come visit around 4:00ish, but I'll call tomorrow around lunch to see how the day looks. Love you Erin!

Blonshines,
I have a special surprise for you! Sneaky, sneaky.... :-)

Monica

Julia said...

Hi there Erin,
This is Julia Jefferson from youth and I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and praying for you. We are going to miss you this weekend at Camp Glisson. You are a blessing to the youth ministry.
Love,
Julia (And John, Kim, & Jennifer Jefferson)

Unknown said...

Erin,
I have only talked to you a few times when I subbed with you. You are one of kindest people I have ever met. You gave me so much encouragement, and I would like to return the favor. God is the best medicine there is and you have touched so many people's lives that we are all praying for you recover. I am praying for your doctors, Family and friends. I know this is a hard time but you positive attitude will help you get through it.

Kim Newell

Rip & Cindy Collins said...

What's up E girl? Glad we have something specific to work on. As a doctor (not the evil twin) I wanted to make sure that you are comfortable, do you have enough pictures of me? I will see you again next week. Be strong and GET WELL!

Rip

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Just to let you know, there are 61 junior high students signed up to go on the retreat at Camp Glisson this weekend! You can be sure that they will have plenty of prayers for you and your family. They will all miss you and your smiling face. What an awesome blessing you are to our youth.

Hugs and prayers,

~Kathy Peterson

P.S. I never got to tell you thanks for the sweet little note you wrote to me in the youth staff Christmas card. You rock!