Thursday, January 3, 2008

God is good, his mercies are fresh every day. Erin slept fairly well last night, they woke her up a few times for blood work and pills. What are ya gonna do... hospitals are no place to rest. She is watching TV and choking down 9 pills. We will wait for the results and pray for good news. I realized this morning that we feel a little like Paul in prison and that we better start singing to break these chains and open the doors. God will hear us!! Thanks for all the prayers and phone calls and postings on this site. Thanks to Deloris we are being prayed for in Canada, thanks to my other friend Doloris we are being prayed for in Australia, thanks to all of you for putting Erin's name on the lips of prayer warriors all over this country as well. God is being glorified by all this unity!! Erin feels the love and in 1 John it says there is no fear in love. Thank you all!!! janet

17 comments:

NCJacket11 said...

Exodus 33:22 "And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by"

I just want you to know that we are praying for each of you.

~ Brady

Joanna said...

Thanks so much for the updates--Erin is so well supported by friends, family and God. I'm sending prayers her way every day--go Erin!

P.S.--I'd send you some juicy school news, but it is only day one, and you know what that is all about( syllabus, blah blah...rules, blah blah...)

Love,
Joanna

Anonymous said...

"Those who wait for the Lord shall RENEW their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint."
- Isaiah 40:31

Praying very hard and calling you on my lunch break...which is in 5 minutes! Thank God!

Kelly said...

Erin,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly Brown
Collins Hill

Sarah said...

Hey Erin - my Calculus and Algebra III classes are praying for you today!

Sarah Foster

Margaret said...

Hey Erin!

The Knapik's just wanted to say HI amd WE LOVE YOU! We also wanted to let you know you and your family are still in our thoughts and our prayers.

Love,
Pete, Margaret, Kate and Kara

Anita Solty said...

Hey Erin and all!

Just a note on my lunch hour to say that I have you on my mind as you wait for/get the biopsy results! Praying all day long!!

Anita :)

Liliana Carroll said...

I am thinking of you since yesterday and I sincerely hope for good results. I will continue to pray for your healing and recovery. I love you and send you a big hug!

Ms. Davila (Spanish teacher DHS)

Jennifer said...

Erin,

I just heard and wanted you to know that I will be praying for you every minute I can. I have always felt blessed that I had the opportunity to coach you and be a part of your high school years. I still remember how very organized you were (you taught us all a thing or two) and how I could always depend on you to take care of the details. I know that your students benefit from your knowledge and love and that they adore you, just as we all do. I will be thinking about you and sending you my love.
Jennifer "Pethel" Orr

Mezzo Forte said...

Praying for and believing with you - by HIS stripes YOU, Erin, are healed!!! We are not moved by what we see or hear but what we know to be true in Jesus' name.

Lesley Ratcliffe

HTaylor said...

Oh my sweet sweet Erin-O! I am praying for you every waking minute. You are such a strong and amazing woman and I love you so much. I know that you're going to show this thing who's boss!

With love,
Heter-O

laura said...

Erin, you're the greatest! We're all praying for you. Stay strong!


With love,
Laura Goodwin

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!! I hope you are feeling better. I know that you can get through this!! You are a strong girl! We all love you very much and hope you get better super-fast!!

Love, Katie

Kelly and Erica Techo said...

We just wanted you to know that we are praying for your results to be positive, but either way always remember GOD is with you and will give you strength. You are very loved and have a lot of people sending positive prayers to you and your family. Take care and we hope to come and see you this weekend. Let us know when a good time is to bring a lot of your cheerleaeders.

Kelly and Erica Techo

CFH said...

Hey Baby Girl ...

I'm so glad I got to see you today at the hospital. When our eyes met it was as if I could see your soul. We have a special friendship and I feel so connected to you. I know you are tired and I know the walk was difficult. Hang tough sweetie! I am praying for you all the time!!

Ms. Christy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Erin,
I've just returned from out of town and learned of your illness. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you now and always as you journey down this crooked path to healing and renewed health.
Remember, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13. Stay strong!!!!
Natalie and I love you and are praying real hard for you and your family during this most difficult time.
Blessings,
Janice Lutz