Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1/23 0900

Good morning!! Well after a wonderful Monday, we expected Tues to be good and it wasn't!! Monday night they turned off her basal dose of pain med and it must have caught up with her at bedtime, because she didn't sleep at all and was miserable!! So all day yesterday, she was miserable. She didn't walk or do anything but be miserable. Last night they turned her pain med back on and she slept fine So today will hopefully be a better day!!
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was that one of her favorite nurses Kemi went on vacation to England for 2 weeks (how dare she leave us) and she called Erin from London on Monday night!! What a treat, that's how caring the nurses are here!!
WE laughed at the bald club comments from our dear friends and Erin looks forward to the first club meeting. Be sure not to post the date or time here because Mike might see it. :-) Thank you all for keeping us laughing, we need that. Love to all and remember God is Listening!! janet

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I showed CMJ your present the other day and she couldn't stop laughing! I'm evil for taunting you but I love it! MUWHAHAHAHA!

Verse for today:

"If I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."
-1 Cor. 13:2

So, this verse tells me that everyone that knows you has faith AND has love because God is moving mountains in you and through you! Keep up the good work moving those mountains! I love you and can't wait to see you this weekend!

-Monica

Anonymous said...

hey Erin! Well, I'm glad you have finally turned into a real party girl, staying up all night partying! LOL, anyway I'm glad to hear more about you and hear that you are healing.
More later! Love you! Jessie

Meghan said...

Good morning Erin! I am sorry that you did not feel well yesterday, I hope that today is better. My mom told me yesterday that your name went out on a prayer list to teachers around the country, so now even more people are praying for you! I am keeping you in my thoughts everyday and will come by someday when you are feeling well. I love you and will see you soon!

Meghan Wright

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin and Blondies!
I just wanted to tell y'all (yeah - I can say that now - I live in GA)what an encouragment you are. I've been reading this blog every morning and praying for you throughout the day and with Jake at night. It always amazes me how you guys can put a positive spin on anything and everything! I was telling my accountability partner yesterday that if she wanted to see what true faith in God looks like then she should read this blog. Even in the hospital y'all are affecting lives and shining God's light to so many! So thank you for such an awesome example. There's lots of people here in Savannah, GA praying for you Erin and for the whole family. We love you and miss you so so much!!
~Jenny use-to-be-Solanes-but-now-its-Woodward

Treonas said...

Hey Erin!
I'm so sorry you had a bad night. I pray that today will be a much better day and that you will be able to eat, walk and get some rest. Things are going ok at school, I do miss seeing you! What a blessing it is to read all the words of encouragement on the site! I read a verse today and thought of you.... "Luke 1:37 - With God nothing will be impossible"! Love you! Terry

Anonymous said...

I hope today is better than yesterday for you. Like the song "You Are Always On My Mind" but right now I can't think of who sings it. There's some trivia for you or it will just drive everyone crazy until someone thinks of it. It's great that there is this blog to keep up with how you are doing. Lots of love and prayers to your entire family. Nicole

Anonymous said...

Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise; When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say: Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name; Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name!!



Love you Erin

Ellen

brittanydyan said...

Hi beautiful Erin,

I hope today has been a better day than miserable Tuesday. Have you started writing your book? When you do, let me know:)

This is a favorite passage/song from Isaiah 43:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;"

This is what the Lord says to his created, to us! When I'm not sure what to write to encourage you, the scripture sweeps in and speaks beautifully. I love you!

Brittany

Anonymous said...

(PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS...AT WORK....HAVE TO MAKE ALLOWANCES FOR THE JOB!!)


We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecruted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed (IICorin 4:8-9) For God has not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (II Tim 1:7) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, HE is the ONE who goes WITH you. He will NOT leave you nor forsake you (Deut 31:6) I sought the Lord and HE heard me; HE delivered me from all my fears. (Psalm 34:4) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord WILL renew their strength; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31)

HIS STRENGTH AND POWER IS SHOWN IN OUR WEAKNESS... SO EVEN HARD TIMES AND WEAKNESSES HAVE A PURPOSE...BECAUSE THEN HIS LOVE AND HIS GREATNESS IS RECOGNIZED...IT IS SHOWN IN THOSE MOMENTS WHEN WE ARE AT OUR WEAKEST...WHEN WE CAN ONLY READ OR HEAR THE WORD AND PRAY...THEN WE STILL HAVE PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE....A GREAT PURPOSE......BECAUSE THOSE WHO CAN "DO"....THEY DO AND THEY DO AND THEY DO...AND SOMETIMES THE LAST THING THEY DO IS PRAY....AND SOMETIMES THEY FORGET THAT PRAYER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO IN ANY SITUATION...IT SHOULD BE FIRST AND FOREMOST IN OUR MINDS....IN NOT BEING ABLE TO DO SOME THINGS...WE ARE ABLE TO COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MAYBE WE ARE BEING TAUGHT NOT TO DO SO MANY THINGS.....BUT TO SPEND OUR TIME ...IN THE WONDERFUL ARMS OF OUR LORD....AND SOAKING UP HIS PRESENCE ...FATHER, BE WITH OUR PRECIOUS SISTER AS SHE CONTINUES ALONG THE HEALING PATH THAT YOU HAVE PLACED BEFORE HER....FATHER, BLESS THE TIME THAT SHE SPENDS WITH YOU RIGHT NOW....BLESS HER WITH REVITALIZING REST...THAT SHE FINDS HERSELF RENEWED DAY IN AND DAY OUT...FATHER, BLESS HER WITH SLEEP..AND PAIN FREE MOMENTS......BLESS HER PRECIOUS FAMILY AS THEY TRAVEL THIS PATH WITH HER LORD....GIVE THEM OUR GRACE...AND YOUR PATIENCE....FATHER, BE WITH THE DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO ARE TENDING TO OUR PRECIOUS SISTER...FATHER ANNOINT THEIR VERY HANDS AND MINDS AND HEARTS..THAT EACH AND EVERY THOUGHT IS GUIDED BY YOU...THAT SHE MAY HAVE THE VERY BEST CARE POSSIBLE ....LORD, BLESS THEM WITH KNOWLEDGE AND INSIGTH INTO HER CARE......IN JESUS' MIGHTY NAME....AMEN.....

Anonymous said...

I see my name has been thrown around (?dragged through the mud????). I certainly hope you are not discouraged by the hairloss thing...I mean it's not going to also make you gain 150 pounds, grow a goatee, and have a crooked grin when you tell stupid jokes that nobody gets (that's only for me). Plus you will have a cute little head, not a big Charlie Brown head like me. Mark said they let me into the club, but they always seem to be finishing up and leaving when I show up at meetings, and nobody ever wants to go get something to eat with me afterwards. I thought that maybe I wasn't doing something right so I tried polishing my head to a high-gloss shine {nope} I tried growing my hair out on the sides and getting it curled {no} I tried to dye what hair I did have {no one noticed} I tried to shave racing stripes into the side of my head {no. But I did look faster}. Anyway, whenever you have your official induction ceremony could you put in a good word for me, I think it would really help. {You haven't already had that yet have you??????}

We love you and hope you feel better and continue to beat up on the creepy lukemia.

Ken

scwalters said...

I really can't believe someone would go on vacation instead of taking care of you. I am sorry it was rough for you, but I hope that today was better for you. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Stephen

The Stills said...

A big hug from the Stills...and a prayer for a good night's rest.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

Anonymous said...

Erin-

I hope today did turn out better for you than yesterday! :D
I think that is so cool that your nurse called from vacation to check in with you! You are loved by so many people. Hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow!!

-Rory

Anonymous said...

Erin!

I'm sorry that you're day wasn't as good yesterday, but the good news is that it can only go up and improve today! So how's life at Emory? Any cute guys? Haha, just kidding.

I hope you enjoyed our letters from the 8th grade group. We had a good time coloring and decorating. There were some very artistic stick people, huh? haha.

Again, we are all missing you so much and praying for you constantly. You are always in all of my prayers. My younger sister (Maddie, she's 9, you probably remember her) asks about you daily; it's the cutest thing. She always wants to know if you're better and when you'll be back at youth. I keep telling her you're in God's hands, being prayed for and loved like crazy, so you will be back ASAP!

As for anything "Dr." Ken says, ignore it. Do not believe a word he says! :D Kara, Natalia, Mikayla, and I are completely inoccent. Well, I'm not sure about his weapon in his back pocket (don't know why he carries that around...)

Anyways, I love you with all of my heart, and I pray that God keeps you in his hands. I know He will. Feel better. We have some serious slumber-partying to do!

Love you, Lauren.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
Cori and I are praying for you. It is an awesome thing that He is using you to reach so many people.

My 'life scripture' is Genesis 50:19-21. Substitute cancer for man...and I think you might find it comforting too.

If you need anything from the neighborhood, let me know and I'll pass the word.

In Christ Love, Tracy Bishop

Anonymous said...

hello lovely erin!
so yet again i'm writing before i go to sleep:) i was thinking of what to write you today and a song popped into my mind that i sing to my girls at camp to put them to sleep every night. here is the song for you:

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky you'll get by
If you smile through your fears and sorrow
Smile, it may be tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
If you just smile....

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile:)

much love my dear friend!

Anonymous said...

"I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me." Psalm 16:8

To know that our Lord is RIGHT BESIDE YOU, always! That is such an awesome honor and comfort! He loves you just that much! Apparently, that love follows a ribbon of hope that runs all over Lawrenceville, at least. Everywhere I go, someone mentions Erin Blonshine. We are making sure that you are being lifted up in prayer at all hours and from many sources. You don't even know me, but Frank, Carson, Kimberly, and I have been praying for you every evening together. It is our pleasure and desire. We pray that you will have good days ahead, so that you can walk some more and keep your body and soul strong. Keep your eyes lifted to Him, and He will not fail you.