Good morning friends! Bill here....
Yesterday was a good day for Erin! She walked a half-mile and her appetite continues to get back to normal. We watched some football interspersed with cheerleader movies on the Disney channel....that is such a violent sport ....and the football games were pretty rough also! We topped it off with pizza, which I believe is more nutritious than Spaghetti-O's.
Erin's mouth sores and spots on her hands continue to fade and the doctors are starting to cut back on the steroids they had been giving her. She is feeling up to having a few visitors but please call before you come just to make sure.
So, there are just two things to report from last night. Some of you may know that I have a history of "seeing people and things" at night when I am sleeping....and getting up to investigate or throw something at them. Well, I must be starting to feel at home here in the hospital, because Erin said I got up last night "looking for something in the room" and when she asked me what I was doing, I said I was looking for the "gizmo that tells the doctors what medicine's she is supposed to be getting". I think this may be something that runs in the family, because later Erin woke me up to ask me if "I could see where Amanda and Kyle had hidden a present under her bed". Anyway, we're hoping that they won't move us to a "special" room here in the hospital!!
I cannot fully express the gratitude that we have in our hearts for all the prayer support, scripture verses and encouragement that you have provided us and how it has lifted our spirits and provided such great comfort!! Thanks to all of you and know that we love you! There are several scriptures written on our whiteboard and this one is simple but it keeps catching my eye: "Be still and know that I am God" - Psalms 46:10
I pray God's blessings on you today and always! - Bill
20 comments:
Great to hear that you both had such a great night!
Know that you are all living in our prayers.
JOY!
Glenn & Nancy
Hey erin, just wanted to say that I was doing the exact same thing you were last night; switching b/w the Packer/Giants game and Bring It On! I'm so glad to hear that you are up and moving and eating. I'm sure that pizza tasted REALLY good! Also, I am so glad you are writing! I'm still praying for you and thinking about you all the time. Love you, Jessie
Hi Erin!
Ok, so the miracle of the Knapik's cheering for the Packers did not go so well....don't let the Sykes' family or the Walter's know. We might be banned from church. Our new nickname could be the "Bad Luck Knapik's."
The girls group is meeting tonight. I know Kara is looking forward to it and will probably start getting ready the moment she gets back from the Sykes' lake house. I'm sure you will be the #1 topic of conversation because those girls love you so much. Hopefully Kara will leave you a comment this evening and let you know how it went.
I hope you continue to eat and you are able to walk again today. If you do have a chance to walk do some for me...I need it!
Enjoy your day and know that you are loved!
Loving and praying for you!
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara
Hey there Kiddo. So you lost your hair, how cool is that. It will only make that dazzling smile of yours that more pronounced. Please send us a picture ASAP! I can only hope it lasts till "lake time". If it does I'll go bald with you . . . how about it Blondies (yes this is a challenge). Imagine Erin: a boat load of baldies pulling 2 bald skiers on the busiest day out there. What a HOOT :0) I'm grinning as a write this. How about it Blondies. I know your dad will do it with me but how about the gals in our family?
Hey I bet you appreciate food more than ever now that you're able to eat after "fasting" for 5 days.
There is a lesson in everything that's happening to you & it's more clear than ever that our Lord has a plan for you. It's one thing to teach from what you've learned in books but teaching based on what you've lived & experienced can be life changing. What you will be able to pass on to your students as well as those around you after going through this will be incredible. Think of all the family & friends that have come together to pray for you & seek His Word . . . all part of the plan!
Dear Lord we thank you for the healing of Erin mouth, her renewed appetite, and the energy you've given her to complete her laps. Please wrap your arms around her so that she feels your presence in every second of every day.
I love you Erin. Keep eating, keep exercising, keep a positive attitude, and most of all keep looking for His purpose in all of this. Uncle Ron
you crazy blonshines! seeing things, hearing things...pretty soon you guys will be talking to the wall! then they will put you in a "special" room at the hospital.
so, i'm sad to report that i cannot come see you today...i woke up with sniffles and don't want get you sick. hopefully this week i can get rid of it and come see you next weekend to do your nails (maybe better than amanda) and bring a very unique, awesome present for you. have a swonderful week and stay fantabulous! (it appears the blonshine craziness has invaded my spelling!)
-monica
Hey Blonshines!
I'm in Margaret and Aunt Jo Ellen's Disciple Class. And we're all praying very, very hard for you, Erin.
I offer one piece of advice--when you're frustrated with everything just sit still and let God love you. You know He does! Let Him surround you!
What wonderful amazing blogs--you are so loved by so many!
Barbara Conner
Hey Erin!
Last night Mary Claire, Abby Sheffer, Natalie and I had a sleepover. It was a blast. We wish you could have been there. Natalie is here now, and we wanted to remind you how much we love you.
If you and Laura have another movie night, we wanted to suggest We Are Marshall. We watched it last night and all of us really enjoyed it.
We're so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I'm jealous of your pizza night! Tonight, I'm sure you've heard, we have girl's group. I'm so excited to get it back up and running. We all want to visit you and see you so bad.
God is watching over you, Erin. He loves you with all His heart, and is patting you on the back right now, encouraging you to press on. Keep feeling better, and we love you.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to his purpose."
-Romans 8:28
Love you!
-Lauren and Natalie
See I always knew there would be something about you Blonshines
that would come out....
Erin I sent a little bag with Lu yesterday. You will be happy to know that she came by and promptly fell asleep for a while. I am sure this was a much needed rest. I think there may be "Gwinnett goes Hawaiian" when all of this is over.
Hopefully my kitchen will be done by then..if not we can always call delivery. I would probably do that anyway....
You can have Mrs. Bledsoe on your book writing team. What great inspirational notes she sends.
I kind of thought the knapik's were
cheering for the Buckeyes this year.......
Love and prayers to all of the Emory group....
Kathy
Dearest Blonshines.......
I wanted to share this with you today...I did not write it...it was written by a dear friend of mine several years ago....we share work in an online ministry called "Berean Watchmen Ministries"...(you can find us at www.bereanwatchmen.com).....and although he wrote it to men in the church..to the men on the website as well, .I really think that it qualifies as being edifiying and encouraging to all in the body of Christ....here it is.......
Anchors in the Storm of Time
A word for men in this, the end times....
Luckily, we don’t have to do it alone. We have each other. We are the men of body of Christ's church. As such, we are the leaders of our families. We are not to sit idly by and watch... we are doers….the movers the shakers. It is our mission, our mandate to stand up and be the men God calls us to be.
This call to action goes for every Christian reading here at this website as well. Each of us have our own talents. And as Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 12:12 we – all of us – make up a complete body with the church. Each of our gifts through the power of the Holy spirit compliment each other perfectly. To use the boat analogy again, we are all boats in the harbor, and although we are all to have our separate anchors to God, we are also tied together. We weather the same storms, the same wind, the same sun, however, when Satan tries to fray our anchor rope, we still do not drift because of the ropes we have to each other.
I encourage each of us at this website to reflect on our personal relationships with Christ. I especially urge you men to break out of your molds and get more involved in other men's lives at your local church. Society tells us men that we are to be alone...that we are tough enough and that the measure of a real man is someone who can fend for themselves...no matter what
Satan's LIES!
Personally getting involved with the men in my local church has sparked a fire within me as never before and has encouraged me on many fronts. The accountability, the friendship and the strength received is a wonderful experience. Likewise, becoming a supporter of this website and a member here has also allowed my to continually be refreshed and encouraged.
No matter how busy we get we must always remember what is truly important to eternity. I myself have on many occasion used the excuse of being too busy to read my bible, or to spend quality time with the Lord. In fact that excuse has popped up far too often. As such I am asking today that all of you throw me your ropes. Allow me to cleat your lines to my deck and hold me fast and accountable to my God. I in turn, am honoured to, and will gladly throw you mine.
4Him,
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. -- Psalms 1:1-4 "
I could not think of a better analogy in what we have been able to experience in this blog...I can only imagine the number of ropes that have been thrown your way in the past couple of weeks....I can only tell you that it is my honor to be anchored with you....to our Lord and Savior...and to one another in this manner......to everyone who has commented here, whether I know them personally or not....we are all tied together through you.....and that for me is a blessing.......
Father, thank YOU so much....for the ropes....the ones that tie us together in YOU...Lord, thank YOU that as Erin heals.....the knots in the ropes hold tight.........and we stand together knowing that YOU are in charge of each and every moment of her healing........Thank YOU Father, that we can all take a collective deep breath......as we remind ourselves daily...that everything will be just fine...because of YOU....because YOU are there ...because YOU made this plan for her...........IN JESUS' HOLY NAME...AMEN...........
Glad to see the sun is shinning a little brighter in the hospital room.
" Consider it PURE JOY, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of faith produces preserverence." - James 1:2-3
Keep on smiling!
Love, Kristen Mac.
Wow, today's blog really sounds like the Erin I know! Especially the craziness! I am so glad you're on the up and starting to get your appetite back! We miss you at school, but don't worry, I will CYA for you till you return!
Erin Sr. :)
PS: I had pizza too! (whilst grading papers. :( )
Go Erin! To God be the Glory for your increased appetite, for pizza, for walking laps, for fading sores!!! Our continued prayers for your continued improvement. We won't let up! We have prayed for wisdom and compassion for your doctors and the staff working with you, but we will also pray that Bill doesn't throw something at them when they come to bother you at night and he's asleep!!!!
Much love,
The Stills
"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." Psalm 112:7
Hi Sweet Erin,
So glad to hear that you are starting to feel so much better. You just wanted to keep up with the youth by eating pizza on Sunday, right!?! Sounds like a perfect day.....movies, pizza and family.....can't get much better than that : ) Keep up your spirits, Erin. We continually lift up all our prayers for you. We love you!!!!!
Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Janice Lutz
Hi Erin
So glad to hear you had a better weekend. You didn't say, but surely you too were cheering for the Packers, right? Jonathan was depressed with the outcome, but thankfully had a good group of friends around that made him watch the cheerleader movie too. That turned him around. (ha, ha)Being at the lake this wkd. I spent some time soaking in the majesty of our awesome God. The mountains, the clear blue water, the bright daytime sun, and even a full moon at night reminded me again of how incredible our God is. I know you are experiencing His mighty power every day. Isn't it amazing how much more you see when you just practice looking?
Better keep doing those laps girl, cuz we plan to get you on those water skiis again this summer. We are praying for all of you. Lots of love!
The Sykes'
hey,erin.
its josh "mini-bled" Bledsoe.
i miss you very much, and i hope you are doing better.
I want you to know that im praying for you constantly, and i know god will give you thae strength to get through this! i cant wait to see you again!
<3 josh
Erin-
Hey there! I also spent yesterday afternoon/night watching Bring it on. Fun stuff. Its good to here you had a better day! :D Hope tomorrow is just as good!
-Rory
Well Erin i have a story for you to go along with your night adventures that have been happening.
You know i work at a camp in the summer, well another cabin the counselor got up in the middle of the night to go to the rest room. She walks out of the counselor's section and into the cabin where the girls are sleeping, above her there are feet dangling. needless to say she was scared out of her mind and jumped back into the counselor section to wake up the other counselors. They went back out and discovered that one of the girls had SLEPT WALKED into the RAFTERS!! of the cabin. They talked to her and told to her to go back to bed. She did and didn't remember a single thing the next morning. Haha. needless to say that story has become a legend at camp that is told every summer during staff week.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day again! And that to got to watch some football! gosh i miss football season. Only one football game left the Super Bowl!! then we will have to survive our 8 footballless months...:)
Lord, Be with Erin tonight. Bless her with sleep that will revive her body and give it the energy to fight. Take care of her and keep her held tight in your arms. Send her yet another reminder tomorrow of your unfailing love that is with her each and every second. Thank you for blessing my life with Erin and how it was always a pleasure to be around her. She made me feel comfortable in a class when I was really nervous about being an outsider for the entire semester. She is such a light for you Lord. I pray that she will continue to be that light in the hospital where she is now. Let her smile be the boost that the others around her need to get through another day. Thank you Lord for being there for her and taking care of her!
Amen
Dearest Erin,
I know you through your wonderful grandparents, Ralph and Jean Hinkle and your Aunt Jo Ellen and Uncle Jim. I last saw your Mom almost 5 years ago when my grandson was deliered at Gwinnett Medical and she was such a comfort to my daughter and all of us.
I can't tell you how privileged I feel to be one of those following your progress and praying for your complete recovery. Your friends, family and their complete faith have been a source of strength to all of us and I want to particularly thank your family and you for keeping us all in the loop.
You shall all remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Looking forward to your book and reports of more antics.
Much Love,
Florence
Good Morning Ms Erin,
I hear things are picking up. You are still in our prayers. Tell Dad we missed him on the Men's retreat this year. I am accustomed to see him up front picking his guitar. We got talking about you in our small group, so we took it to the natural next step and decided to talk to God about you. It was pretty awesome. Glad to hear some of these positive reports.
God Bless,
YFIC
Mr Hanley
Erin - Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We pray that you will find peace in His arms and an understanding that all things work together for good for them that love the Lord. Please call us if there is anything we can do for you or your family.
We love you!
UGA BSU/BCM
Staff and Students
Post a Comment