Good morning to all our family and friends! Bill here....thanks to all of you for your continued words of encouragement and especially for your continued prayers. There is such comfort in knowing that God's prayer hotline is ringing off the wall with Erin's name! As you know, between the nausea and the mouth sores, the last few days have been pretty rough for Erin. As I was driving to the hospital yesterday, I was praying that God would provide a sign that Erin would start to feel better soon. She had been so groggy and tired and unable to speak or eat. When I first saw her yesterday evening, she was sitting up, talking and more energetic than she had been in a while! She had one bout of nausea at about 6:00 pm and after that she just seemed to start feeling better thoughout the night. She even drank most of a smoothie and a few bites of spaghetti-Os!! [Okay - I know that the O's are probably not very nutritious, but the strawberry-banana smoothie had protein, vitamin, energy and immune booster additives - thanks Aunt Deb for the suggestion]. The light has returned to her eyes and her sense of humor and feistiness are back!!
I know that our friends who have been through this have told us that there will be good days and bad days and we know that this is a marathon and not a sprint, but we praise God and celebrate the blessings of this day and the respite from pain and nausea!!
We have been amazed at the response and outpouring of love and prayers as evidenced in all the comments posted for Erin on this blog. Our map on the wall continues to have stars added to locations around the world where people we don't even know are lifting Erin's name in prayer. Because you friends have been so faithful in spreading the word, there are people on all 7 continents praying for her healing! How awesome is that? To each of you we send our love and eternal gratitude for sharing this journey with us and immersing us in the comfort and warmth of God's love and we pray that you will also be blessed this day. - Bill
20 comments:
Good Morning Sunshine!
So glad to hear that you were feeling a little better last evening, and I pray it will continue into today. How awesome is that you have people praying for you on ALL 7 continents! See how much you and your family are loved!
I put your blog spot on our Disciple class prayer list. So hopefully all those fine folks will leave you a comment. It was so strange our word for the week last week was ENCOURAGE. Boy, have I seen the power of encouragement in this blog and I hope you and your family have found this encouragement a source of peace and strength.
I saw where Dr. Ken mentioned he was going on the Mens Retreat this weekend. It's a shame Dr. Butz cannot attend so those to crazy doctors could enlist more men in their plot to break you out of the hospital for spring break! Maybe Dr. Ken will convince Pete to join in on this scheme since they are riding and rooming together. Uncle Buck might even get included because he is joining them in the ride to and from. Pete has been telling Ken he has to play football on Saturday. Can you see those two old fools out there trying to keep up with the young guys. All I can say is TYLENOL and lots of it!
I hope you have a good day and get some rest!
Love to you all!
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara
Good Morning Sweet Erin….
It’s so wonderful to hear of the steps you are making on the road to recovery!! Praise GOD from whom all blessings flow!!!….This morning I just sat down with God and asked HIM….what do you say?…what do you say to someone who is in pain…who is in need of healing…Lord…what would YOU say?……..
Today I will rise to new life from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept me. (Is. 60:1) I will rise above anything and everything the devil throws at me. Nothing can keep me down, for I am more that a conqueror in Christ Jesus. (Rom. 8:35-39) Long life is mine because I obey and honor my parents in the Lord. (Eph. 6:1-3, Ex. 20:12) My obedience to the Lord prolongs my life. (Prov. 10:27) Satan cannot dominate or oppress my life, because Jesus came to set me free. (1 John 3:8, Acts 10:38) Jesus is moved with compassion on my behalf. He wants me healed because of His great love for me. (Matt. 14:14) I have been given authority in the name of Jesus to speak to the mountains that I face. As I command the mountains of sickness, despair, hopelessness, and lack to be removed in Jesus' name, they must go and be replaced with the fullness of God's blessings. (Mark 11:22,23) The resurrection power of Jesus Christ flows from my tongue as I speak words of life. (Prov. 18:21) To touch Jesus is to made whole. I touch Jesus today through prayer and faith. (Mark 5:25-34) By Jesus' stripes I am healed. (1Peter 2:24) The Lord is my healer: (Ex. 15:26) Jesus is able and willing to heal me. (Matt. 8:1-2) God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps. 107:20) I pay attention to God's Word, for it is life to my body and health to my flesh. (Prov. 4:20-22) The measure of faith God gave me is growing by leaps and bounds. (Rom. 12:3) Because my faith is growing, nothing is impossible unto me. (Matt. 17:20)
Father, continue to bless our precious sister…as she clings to You, Lord, ..continue to cling to her….IN JESUS’ POWERFUL NAME….AMEN….
Hi Erin,
I was in some classes with your dad at Clearview Elementary in FL, and my older sister is Sandi Moffat. You are on our phone prayer chain, email prayer chain & choir prayer list at FUMC in Pinellas Park, FL. You are also in our prayers in my Bible study group. I pray that you and your family will be filled with God's Perfect Peace - Peace that is full and quiet and still. I pray that the Glorious Presence of God will fill your room, and be made known,and you just breathe Him in. I pray that God will be revealed to you all in a new way that is personal and powerful and profound. I pray that you will hear wonderful music that speaks to you about our Father and our Jesus and the Holy Sprirt of Truth that lives inside of us, and you will just get lost in your worship of Him, and then find yourself in the arms of Jesus. We care about you, little sister in Christ Jesus, and we lift you up daily to the One who has gave up His Only Beloved Son, just for you.
Love in Christ,
Debbie
Hi Sweet Erin,
I'm so glad to hear the good news that you are feeling better. Hey, spaghetti-o's sound good to me too! I hope and pray that as each hour goes by that you find yourself feeling better and better. I have more missionaries praying for you to add to your list of continents. A friend of mine works for Mission to the World, which is part of the Presbyterian Church of America. Today, she is sending out prayers for you to the "World Round Table of Missionaries", which goes to every one of their missionaries. They are ALL OVER the world. How cool is that!!!! Stay strong and continue to be brave, sweet Erin. I thought of this poem, which I love, and I wanted to send it to you. I know you know it, too.....
Footprints in the Sand -
One night I had a dream. I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the LORD and across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints, one belonged to me and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of my life flashed before me, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, there was only one set of footprints. I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life. This really bothered me and I questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way, but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. "I don't understand why in times when I needed you most, you should leave me." The LORD replied, "My precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. "When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
Remember, the LORD is carrying you now!!!!!!!!
Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Janice
Ok, so today is going to be a good day for you and me both...mine has started out rough with the kids but it will end good for BOTH of us! We must make it a good day! :-)
The verse for today on my calendar doesn't quite make sense so you may need to look at the rest of the passage to understand it:
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They neither toil nor spin."
-Matt6:28
Did you get your present yet? Did ya? What was it?
-Monica
What a blessing to have a good day finally. I know you guys have all been waiting for it, especially erin. That is so amazing that all 7 continents have people praying for you girl!!! What an amazing thought and action from everyone! I hope that you will continue to have good days. Even though there will be bad ones, i pray for as many good ones to help brighten your spirit throughout the bad times! Hope you have a good day.... and hey whether spaghetti "o's" are nutritious or not, I love those things!! At least you were able to eat something!! Have a great day and I am continueing to pray for you and the family.
Alicia McCall
Hi Erin :)
I know I haven't left any comments yet but I wanted to let you know I read this everyday. I have a picture on my wall of you, amy and monica thats been up there since last year and I pray everytime I look at it. Also I left the little parking pass from the emory garage (bluebird level hehe) on my dash. So when every my heat or defrost is on it waves back and forth and it reminds me of you everytime. I haven't been back to Wesley Foundation yet but on Sunday I'll make sure we say a special prayer for you. So there is at least one person praying for you in tennessee and will be more soon :).
I love you Erin,
Tyler Peterson
YEAH!!!!! Praise God for your glimpse at the end of the tunnel! I pray for appetite, healing, comfort, and LAUGHTER!!! If there is any family that can insure laughter...it is yours! I pray that you feel up to visitors again soon. I know that you have a ton who are ready to knock down the doors at Emory! I still will not be visiting, as the sound of coughs continue to fill our home!!! However, I know that the faces of friends, family, co-workers, students, and youth will fill your days with joy and surround you with the love of our Lord!!! That is my prayer for you...that you would feel wrapped, like a cozy, warm blanket...with the loving arms of our Lord! I hope you are able to enjoy some visitors this weekend and enjoy the beautiful SNOW that is supposed to fall tomorrow morning! GOD BLESS YOU! Love to all of you Blonshines!
Love,
Kristie Chamlee
"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge,..." Psalm 144:1-2
This is the most wonderful news!!!! Go Erin go!
Sarah Foster
As I was reading this last post I was reminded of scripture from Psalm 121 (I'm sure it has been quoted much on your blog, but it can never hurt to hear scripture again and again.)
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
Cling to these words because I know sleep is so important to you, but always know that our God never sleeps and is always at work in healing you.
Kim, Britton, and Quinn
We are all rejoicing in your good news of a better day, Erin, and we pray for the same tomorrow. Thank you God! He will get you through this......so many people are talking to God because of you!
To God be the Glory!
Vicki
My name is Larry Salsmaeda. I have had the privilege of knowing your daughter. Just by talking to her for a few moments I could see that we had one thing in common, Yahweh. I left her a CD that has one of my favorite pastors teaching about Mt. Carmel and Elijah. I heard it right after I heard about Erin and I thought she might enjoy it. Please remind her that we love her and so do all the brothers and sisters that she doesn’t even know. Remember, Jesus waited for the certain time until he went to Lazarus so that His Fathers glory could be seen.
Larry Salsameda
Erin,
Glad to hear you are feeling better! One of our new year's resolutions was to take the dogs on a walk every day, and today I took a really long walk with them. As we walked, I kept wondering, "About how many laps would this be of that triangle in the hospital?" and it reminded me of how much I admire you for keeping up such a spirit of grace throughout this trial! You are awesome Erin Jr.! Miss ya!
Erin Sr.
hey Erin! I'm so glad to hear about your progression and healing! God is so good! I can't wait to be able to talk to you about all the stuff that is going on! Love you Erin! Jessie
Hey Erin!!! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. That smoothie sounded good, too :p. So, I got a new Message bible for Christmas, and I looked up "hope". I thought the first verse I found was perfect for you:
Be brave. Be strong. Don't give up.
Expect God to be here soon.
Psalm 31:24
Anyway, I hope you have a great day tomorrow! So, if you feel down in the dumps, just remember how many people love you and are praying for you (including me!).
Love you and miss you,
Natalie Lutz
Praise God that today was a better day and that you were able to eat. I love how your dad described the light in your eyes and your feistiness. I smiled when I read that, knowing your spirits were up:)
Love, Brittany
dearest erin!
it made my heart fill with joy to hear that you were doing better and it brought tears to my eyes to read that you have prayer warriors on 7 continents. erin that is completely amazing! I was driving in my car tonight and thinking about you. I was angry that you were having to go through this, but then i got home and went to check your blog before i went to bed. There i read about the people praying for you all around the world and the faith in Jesus your family shines through in their blog posts everyday...and it was God saying, See Maggie I'm talking care of her. Don't think for a minute i would not take care of her because she is my precious child.
i hope you feel that today. I hope you feel his hands wrap around you whether its making your pain go away or his embrace to help you get through the pain. he is taking care of you.
i hope your day is even better tomorrow and that maybe when you look out the window you can see that beautiful winter white that hopefully will visit us here in GA! :) tell your mom to take a cup outside and skim off the top layer of snow from a car and bring it inside and put coke in it. thats called a snow coke and i always made them as a kid. i thought they were the best things in the world. i hope you get to have one and it makes your day a lil brighter!
much love friend!!
Maggie
Good Morning Erin!!!
It is so good to hear that you are doing much better..it really is, one minute at a time. This morning, I got to sleep in for an extra two hours and it felt so good....and as I lay there, God brought you to mind... and He reminded me as I prayed for you, that just as I felt warm and snuggly there in the bed with the covers pulled all the way up to my head, that this is how He is covering you at this very hour...with His love and protection and healing...that the warmth of all that He is, is blanketing you as you are walking (sometimes dragging) along this road...and that in this, He is increasing His power within you. He assured me that when you are weak....HE IS STRONG!!! (2 Corn. 12:9)
Your testimony will be ( and is being) such an witness for Him and He will receive all the glory and honor as He brings you through this time. You are living and breathing out His words of scripture in and through your life. And God only knows, how many people will come into a closer (or even a first time) relationship with Him, because of you and your testimony.
Stay strong my dear sweet Erin!!! As it says in Joshua 1:9...Be strong and courageous...do not be afraid or dismayed...for the Lord your God is with you, wherever you may go."
God is doing a new thing with in you...and it is amazing!!! It may not seem like that many times..but trust that He is...renewing you daily with His love, His healing power and His perseverance to continue....One of my favorite passages this past year for my life comes from Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up, do you not perceive it. I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Erin, know that God is doing a new thing within you...Hold on, to watch it unfold. It will be amazing...and you are amazing example of faith, hope and love!!!
Blessings!
Linda and Ciara
PS I met your grandpa on Thursday...what a sweet dear man! I had such a great conversation with him in his driveway...He loves you very much!!
If Erin's body is so affected by the chemo, guess what - so is the cancer! Praise God that he is wiping it out!
I have never met you (Janet and Bill) but I love reading your uplifting and faith filled posts. What an encouragement you are to your daughter.
Verna Kechriotis
Gods word is a healing balm. Continue to read scriptures and look to Him, the great physician.
Psalm 55:22 - Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 4:8 - I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 6:8-9 - Away from me, all you who do evil,for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.
Post a Comment