"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed: save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I Praise" Jer 17:14
Erin is doing the best she can with her miserable situation. She is on morphine frequently now. She can't eat or drink without extreme pain. Please pray for her pain control. We are praising God that the first round of chemo is done and now we are relying on Him for a rapid recovery. Again no visitors please. I know it is a long way down here and we appreciate the effort but she just doesn't feel like visiting. We love you all for your words of encouragement!! We feel your love and treasure your support!! God is glorified in our friendships!! We love you, janet
26 comments:
Verse for today (and very fitting):
"Lord, let your CONSTANT love surround us, for our HOPES are in you alone."
-Pslam 33:22
Every time Jim and I eat we pray for you during our blessing. Every time I wake up or go to sleep I pray for you. Every day I think of you and pass my love to you. YOu have a surprise coming in the mail to your house! ;-)
-Monica
Dearest Erin. I just heard from MDSI what is going on and my heart is breaking. Not sure if you heard about me, but I was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer one year ago and the odds were against me. I feel your pain and the emotional struggles that parallel this disease. Although the support and well wishes are extremely helpful, there are days you can’t bring yourself to smile. It becomes exhausting to keep everyone going including your family and friends. You want people to cheer you up, but also to hold your hand when you cry and to really listen when you are scared. I think people feel nervous to be sad around us or to see us scared, because they think we can’t handle it and maybe we can’t, but Erin it is okay to cry, be sad, not want visitors, feel sick, have a bad day, and to use “THE CANCER CARD.” I was always so worried that people would see me as week if I wasn’t strong, but you have to do what is best for you and the rest of us will get over it. No one will fault you for anything you are going through or decide not to do. I am telling you all this so you will cut yourself some slack, because I didn’t and it was tuff.
Erin you are strong, but it is okay to not always show it. You are in my thoughts and prayers and will do whatever I can to help you. I love you,
Laura Vickers
P.S. You are welcome to some crazy wigs, scarves, and hats when needed.
I just wanted to let you know I love you!!!
I second everything Laura V. said. She is so right.
Again, I love you and just remember this is just ONE season in your life. I guess right now would be a like winter. Everything is boring, gloomy, cold, and makes you want to curl up with a blankie and just sleep. Just remember that spring is around the corner. A beautiful bright, exciting spring with lots of new growth and full of energy. Spring is ahead!
I love you and I am constantly thinking and praying for you, sweetheart!
oxox,
Kristen MacDonald.
Erin! Throughout everyday your name comes to mind and I send up a prayer for you. I continually think about you and pray your mouth sores go away soon. I love you so much darling and even though times are tough, remember what ms. j would say:'it'll all be ok'. i love you girl and i am praying for you in little ole salisbury, nc!
Love, Amy
Coach Blonshine,
We all think about you every day & are praying for your healing and comfort. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! If you can handle 18 hormonally-charged, emotionally-fragile, & drama-filled 14 & 15 year-old teenage girls as well as you did during football season, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
We love you & miss you.
Peachtree Ridge Cheer Lions
We are still praying diligently for you Erin and for the whole Blonshine family.
The Fosters
Hi Sweet Erin,
I'm glad to hear that this round of chemo is over, but sorry to hear that you are struggling with mouth sores. I pray that they heal quickly so that you are without pain and you can eat and drink. You were soooooo prayed for last night at youth......I hope you felt all the love and warmth right there in your room. God surely heard all our voices and let our prayers fall down on you. Stay strong, brave warrior and keep fighting the good fight. We love and miss you!!!!!
Love, Prayers and Blessings,
Janice and Natalie Lutz
My lovely Erin,
I am so glad that I had a chance to see you this weekend. I continue to pray for you and your family throughout the day. I love you!
Hugs,
Janell
Erin...Lifting you again, right now in prayer...that our Father would bless you with relief...with HIS peace....with strength....with patience....with a reduction in swelling....with a reduction in the pain......Father, continue to surround our sweet little sister as she travels this path....Father continue to strengthen her and make the burden that she carries now lighter and lighter moment by moment......Father, bless her loving family and surround them now in this struggle.......IN JESUS' POWERFUL AND MIGHTY NAME....AMEN.....
Oh Lord, be with Erin every second of every day. Ease her pain and allow her to receive nourishment. Lift her spirits, and comfort her when that doesn't come easy. Help her to rest in your loving arms and know that You are her Father in Heaven that will stay with her always.
-Brittany
Dear Erin!!!
Last night at our youth counselor meeting, we all broke off into small groups, and prayed specifically for you and the quick recovery from this round of chemo. We all love and miss you so much!!! The kids are talking about how much they miss you and your smiling face!!! We can't wait to the day that you are able to come back..We miss you and love you with all our hearts!! Stay as strong as you can, but know that when you are weak...He is strong!! May you feel especially loved today!!! Our God is an awesome God!!!
Hugs and blessings,
Linda, Ciara and Bryan
fyi...
prayers for Erin from SAO at 6:40ish.
Woo!
hey erin! I love you!! Mouth sores SUCK!!! I hope you feel so much better soon and I am praying for you!! Sending much love your way!!
Ellen
770.601.4716
Hello Erin!
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, and so are my friends in Augusta.
Love,
Grace Savage
I am praying for your pain to pass sweet Erin. I am going on a Women's Retreat with my church this weekend. You will be lifted up throughout the weekend.
Take care!
: ) Mary Catherine
I love you sister! Hang in there... God has a plan and will help you through this. He has helped me already to see my purpose in this. While not being able to be there with you all the time, I am able to come home and take care of you and have energy when everyone else is so tired. I am learning to trust God more and more with your care and comfort. I hate that I can't be there for you to hold your hand and tell you that it is going to be alright. I wish I could take this from you and bear this burden for you but know that I bear as much as I can.
Psalm 55:22 " Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you!"
I love you sisp! Spend the night party this weekend? yes please
Hi Erin,
How have you been doing so far?
Me and the youth have been praying over you. I hope that you get better soon so you can can come back to church. So far I have been doing good in school. Today was Hawiian day and tomarrow will be Twin day. It has been going well so far at the church. I took the Created by God class which was o.k. Did you get the prayer blanket from thr youth group. If you did I hope that you like it. The youth group also prayed over it. see you when you get better. I miss you.
your friend
Logan Lambright
Dear Beautiful Blonshines,
Praying for all of you but especially for Erin that she might eat and talk without pain again soon! You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. The Annapolis Stahls
Hey Erin,
Continuing to pray and lift you before our Mighty God and Great Physician for healing of your body, but especially your mouth sores. Hope it won't be long before you're able to eat whatever you'd like. At youth last night several kids asked me about you and how to see you. Maybe when you're feeling better we can plan a little visit from the Engage team. We miss you so much and continue to pray for you and your family. Love to all,
Ms. Debi
Coach Blondshine,
We just wanted to tell you that we enjoyed visiting with you on Saturday and hate to hear that you are not feeling well right now. We know God will give you the strength to overcome this fumble and make a touchdown. As Erica says, if you can handle all of the cheerleaders at practice and games, you can handle anything. We are sending out our prayers to you and our strength in God's purpose. May Tuesday be a better day and the worse days behind you. We love you.
Erica and Kelly Techo
Hey Erin!
We are sorry to hear you are in pain. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and your family.
We hope tomorrow will be a better day!
Love,
Margaret, Pete, Kara and Kate
Erin we hate that you are having to endure such misery, please keep the faith that God has a Plan for you.
I pray that your pain subsides and that you can rest so your body can heal.
Janet & Bill our hearts go out to you also please call if we can be of assistance.
Dave Erwin
Erin,
I am so sorry for your pain and pray that by the time this gets to you your mouth is much better...we are praying hard.
Love Vicki and David
Erin
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with these HORRIBLE mouth sores, and I pray that they get better soon. I remember the first time that I met you was at campmeeting-I specifically remember waking up one morning and seeing your sweet smile and hearing your cheerful "good morning". It was such an encouragement to me! You have been such a blessing to me, Erin. I am praying for you, and I hope that you are feeling better soon! Keep smiling! I love you, laura
Erin! I miss you so much it's crazy. I miss your smile. Erin, you always make everyone feel so important. When I talk to you, you really listen and are truly interested in what I have to say. I love that about you. You are such an amazing girl, and we are praying for you every minute of every hour of every day. I hope you feel our prayers surrounding you and covering you like a big fluffy blanket. Guess what?! I'm teaching the lesson on this Wednesday at Essentials! I'm going to be talking about Romans 12:1-21-it's great. So maybe when you feel up to it you can read it? It'll be like you're reading along with us! I'm so sorry to hear about your mouth sores. I hope they go away real soon. I love you to the stars and back girl, and I'm always here for you 100%. Maybe when you're feeling better our girls group could come visit you? LOVE YOU!!!!
You're in our prayers,
Lauren
P.S. I found this Scripture and wanted to pass it on to you-
"God's faithfulness is our shield. We are covered by the shadow of the Almighty! Oh, the security that is ours in God's promise that he will be with us in trouble."
-Psalm 91:15
I found this VIA facebook. I just want to say that I will be thinking about you and hope for a fast and full recovery from this. It's hard to envision you with cancer... but as I said- I'll be thinking about you way up here in the -10 degree arctic temperatures of lovely Minnesota. ha!
Post a Comment