Good afternoon prayer warriors, Erin is still itchy and uncomfortable. She had a 2 Benadryl night and is longingly looking at another little pink pill. How miserable to be sick and itchy all over. She doesn't have much of an appetite either. I am just trying to push the water to keep her flushing out all the chemicals. Oh, but being at home is wonderful. No one waking us up every few minutes for something, vitals, labs, chemo etc. That gets old fast! You gotta know that if I am over it, Erin is WAY over it. So this morning I woke up with hives on my arms. Yes, you who went thru the hive weeks with me last summer know the drill. I figure someone somewhere is getting married, or I have developed an allergy to raspberries, or I just have sympathetic itching for Erin. Go figure. You Moms out there know how we empathize with our kids in every situation. Well I truly have felt nauseous, tired, and achy with Erin all along. Wish I could do all of it for her! Well, God is certainly by her side carrying her through all these side effects and for that we are thankful. We are also grateful to you who daily lift our burdens to God!
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Ps 68:19
" Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Gal 6:2
Thanks for everything. love, janet
4 comments:
Isaiah 30:15
"This is what the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, says: If you come back to me and trust me, you will be saved. If you will be calm and trust me, you will be strong."
Hang in there, kiddo. We'd scratch for you if we could...
xxx's 0000's
SKirkman
Hi Janet and Erin. We are praying you both through the hives and nausea to good days ahead!!!
Love to all!
Stills
Blonshines!
Sorry to hear that the hives have gotten to Janet but I believe that her third theory about them being "sympathy" hives may not be too far fetched --Janet is right, parents will often experience "sympathy aches and pains" to ease the pain of the child but perhaps in this case you, Janet may be just be helping Erin carry her cross that she has been given to carry (and with what grace and strength.
Praying for the hives to vamoose from both the Blonshine women, for Erin to regain a sense of appetite(Erin, are you sure that a big 'ol cheeseburger or slice of pepperoni pizza is not what you are craving?),continued healing, restful nights and sweet dreams,and that your faith remain strong.
10 His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the speed of a runner;
11 but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His steadfast love
(Ps 147:10-11)
With Love and Prayers,
The Cotners
i hope grey's anatomy relieved you from your current world and carried you away into a land of wonder and amazingness. and cute doctors. ;]
Post a Comment