Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thurs 4/17

Hello prayer warriors! Thanks for all the wonderful prayers. Our prayer pager is still buzzing away and it really is a blessing to hear it. You guys get up early! Erin is well today. Resting up for tomorrow. She is not looking forward to chemo, imagine that. I say, bring it on, that just brings us one step closer to being done. You know that motion of waving arms toward you like the Jewish women do over the Sabbath meal? Sort of welcoming the light and warmth into your embrace? That is the signal I use with Erin to say, "we welcome this." This is God's tool to get you better. When there is a hard procedure facing us or another needle, I make that motion silently (I know, you can't imagine me doing anything silently). But it reinforces all the discussions we have had about handling this journey and all it encompasses. So make that motion with us and help us welcome this round of chemo. God works in amazing ways...not just through prayers, but with needles, chemicals, biopsies, spinal taps, and germ-X!! So again we praise God for His providence.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Love you! janet

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"May the love and favor of the Lord Jesus Christ rest upon you."
-1 Corin. 16:23

Fitting, wouldn't you say?

Love you,
Monica

Skoots1moM said...

I can just see u doin' that...u know, that really is the "ASL" sign for "welcome" : )

I looked up the Jewish custom on "About.com" and it noted two candles are lit for the two important Biblical references: "Remember the Sabbath" (Exodus 20:8) and "Observe the Sabbath" (Deuteronomy 5:12). After lighting the candles, the woman covers her eyes with her hands and recites the following blessing:
”Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the universe, Who has made us holy through His commandments and commanded us to kindle the Sabbath light.” then adds a silent prayer for the family. She then uncovers her eyes and looks at the light. (By covering her eyes, she focuses more fully on the blessing--for enjoyment of the fruits of the blessing.

Blonshines, we will continue "covering our eyes and reciting prayers for you" and may each of you continue enjoying the fruits of His Blessings!


Susan :) \o/ His Glory!

Anonymous said...

Ok. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sabbath Prayer part in Fiddler on the Roof. Probably my favorite moment in the movie. Wish I could post the mp3 but I can't so here are the lyrics. I think they are fitting for our beloved Erin and all our precious daughters.
Sabbath Prayer
May the Lord protect and defend you.
May He always shield you from shame.
May you come to be
In Israel a shining name.

May you be like Ruth and like Esther.
May you be deserving of praise.
Strengthen them, Oh Lord,
And keep them from the strangers' ways.

May God bless you and grant you long lives.
(May the Lord fulfill our Sabbath prayer for you.)
May God make you good mothers and wives.
(May He send you husbands who will care for you.)

May the Lord protect and defend you.
May the Lord preserve you from pain.
Favor them, Oh Lord, with happiness and peace.
Oh, hear our Sabbath prayer. Amen.

Loved the thought Janet. Love you all even more.
Aunt Ramonja

Anonymous said...

love you erin!


you can do it!!

continuously praying,
Jennifer

The Stills said...

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being..."

Ephesians 3:15

We will be praying you through round 3....

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Erin,

As always, it was wonderful seeing your smiling face last night at Church and prayer share. You may have seen the pictures Susan took of you and your proud doctors. Never question the powers of M&M Therapy, along with Gods Will, and some minor help from chemo. :)

And since you're stuck with us, just let us know when you need to be resupplied and we'll be there. Plus, M&M Therapy doesn't involve any form of "main line". Just open wide, insert and chew. I guess you could swallow them whole, but professionally, we don't recommend it. Chewing is a major (and tasty) part of the process.

All our Love and Prayers!
Dr. Ken and the
Blessing-Moore-Butz Team,
Behind you all the way!!

Anonymous said...

I just loved the blog from yesterday---and the comments for enrichment! What a "Fiddler" moment--remembering a mom and dad who long for so much for their daughters. All they want is to be obedient and receive blessings from God for their children! Don't we all? I'm gathering in the Light with you before we pick up the banner with Erin's picture on it and march forward together. Amen. Come along, Lord Jesus. Your place is at the front, as we follow you to salvation and healing!

"Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus." 2Tim 2:3

In Christ,
Susan Simpson

Anonymous said...

Phil. 4:11-13
"For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in ANY and ALL situations, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want, (whether running around at lake Burton, or being stuck in the hospital again). I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me!"
You can do it Erin!!! Just think, one step closer to the finish!!! We are here with you in spirit and are praying every day! We love you guys!
-Jenny Woodward + Jake

Anonymous said...

Janet....I study many many things from the Jewish perspective.....reading these words that you have written today, your actions and the responses listed here by friends and family...I have tears pouring down my face.....a quickening in my spirit, and a spring of joy has opened up in my heart......Continue to welcome the challenge...because no matter what the challenge is...>GOD IS THERE ..........May HE continue to bless you all.....and keep our dear sister Erin well...and in full recovery!!!!.........LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Kathleen said...

Erin:

Praying for a strong finish during Round 3 -- Your Prayer Warriors are there with you cheering you on with prayers and thoughts.

Just finished reading my Crosswalk.com devotional and how fitting is it that the topic was strength and power and these are the scriptures that were tied in:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

1 Corinthians 16:13, "Be on your guard; stand firm in your faith; be men of courage; be strong." (NIV)

Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (NIV)

I hope these scriptures get you through the start of Round 3 as well as the rest of Round 3 - You are in the home stretch - keep the faith! We are so proud of you!

Blessings and Grace,
The Cotners

Aunt Debbie said...

Just got home from ACLS class and wanted to get caught up on Erin. All I can say is WOW, how encouraging to read everyone's blogs! Erin, God has blessed you with some really awesome friends! We are your cheerleaders, kneeling in prayer, behind you all the way! Love you bunches and sending a big hug to you. Aunt Debbie