Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tues 4/29

Good day Prayer Warriors. Erin is doing fine, still itchy but her stomach is feeling a little better.

We have an opportunity for everyone to get involved in donating life saving blood and an opportunity to get on the bone marrow registry for FREE. Once a year the Red Cross offers free testing (it is usually $52). It is just a cheek swab, so NO PAIN involved. Isn't that cool? You do NOT have to give blood at the drive to register to be on the bone marrow registry. It is open for folks from 18-60 yrs old. You would then be on the National Registry and if someone needs your specific marrow, you would be contacted with more information. We have been told that Erin does not need a transplant at this time, but of course, things can change down the road, but we pray not. Since Amanda and Laura do not match, we would have to go out to this registry to look for a match. Anyway, I think it is a very giving thing to do and a chance for you to be a life saver. Of course giving blood is also an awesome gift of life. Erin has been transfused at least 14 times and desperately needed each unit. Thank you to all of you regular donors out there! This drive will be on Sunday, May 18th from 8:30a.m.-12:30p.m. at Lawrenceville First United Methodist church. You can call if you are going to give blood (I think they prefer reservations) and just show up if you just want to be put on the marrow registry. 770-963-0386. They will be putting up posters and I will try to get one for L&D, PRHS, and Scientific Atlanta. I hope you will all turn out for this and support the Red Cross and cancer patients like Erin all over the Atlanta area and the U.S. Thank you!

Blessings on you, janet

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could give blood, I would...but I can't because I don't weigh enough. And plus it makes me want to pass out! LOL

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
-Psalm 36:5

Remind you of anything? Maybe a song perhaps? ;-)

-Monica

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement! John and I usually race to see who bleeds faster! We'll be there and we'll definitely be putting our names on the registry! You guys are touching more lives than you will ever possibly know! I hope Erin continues to feel better and better! Love to all!
Kristie

Eunice and Herb said...

Hi Erin! Your grandmother forwarded your letter to Relay for Life to us and it gave us goose bumps!! You are really awesome!! The talents you have must be continued and shared with everyone. Give up the great fight!!!
Love, Eunice and Herb

Eunice and Herb said...

Oh, NONO!! I didn't proof my message first and I didn't mean the last sentence!!! Please forgive me!!! I meant: Keep up the great fight!!! So sorry.

Eunice & Herb

Anonymous said...

excellent news!! thanks for letting us know!!!

Erin, praying on as your continue through this last phase!!..keep your chin up....and remember CAMPMEETING IS COMING SOON!!!!

We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!!
I'm glad to see that your stomach is feeling better! I miss seeing you at church and girl's group! But, even though you aren't physically there, your testimony has touched all of our lives. I love you so much girl!! Feel better soon and I'll keep praying!
love,
mc

2 Corinthians 4:8-9: We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18: Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Kathleen said...

Janet and Erin:

While I cannot give blood because I am anemic, I will be working the blood drive from 8a until 9a and I also know that some of the youth will be giving blood in honor of Erin. Some of them are able to give through parental consent which is just awesome! I may go ahead and get swabbed before I head to Sunday School.

Continue to pray for the itchiness to dissipate and for continued rest. We are also continuing to pray for sustained strength and faith!

With Lots of Love and Prayers,
The Cotners

Kathleen said...

Erin:

Was doing some scripture reading this morning and I found these:

Psalm 54:4, "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." (NIV)

Psalm 146:5, "Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God." (NIV)

I hope these offer the encouragement and the peace that you need at this time -- to get you through the itchiness as well as for labs tomorrow. We are praying for a good report tomorrow and for a peaceful night's rest tonight.

Blessings,
The Cotner's