Friday, April 25, 2008

Fri 4/25

Good Friday everyone, All is status quo here in the world of recovery. Erin is feeling pretty blah but her hives are beginning to settle down. Maybe because they jumped to me! Erin is resting as much as possible. We still have her bed in the middle of the family room so she can stretch out 24/7. Bill is quite envious because he always stretches out on the floor to watch TV. He wishes I would let him have a mattress too. Now when the dogs come home after their 6 month sabbatical at my sister's house, they will also want mattresses to sleep on. You see, she has quite spoiled our dogs and they will require some remedial training! Thank you for your continued prayers! Erin is blessed so much by them. She is trying to be brave in the ongoing treatment and really needs the encouragement!

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."Romans 15:5-6

Love, janet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet Sister Erin....I so understand about the hives...I get them....when my nerves are shot and all...I break out on my arms in hives....anti-histamines help..so benadryl is your friend!!...I call it the HEEBIE JEEBIES......the hives, I mean....I don't like it when I get a case of the heebie jeebies, but I use it as an excuse to sleep in late..because those days are rare at times.............My heart wants to tell you today, that this has been a long road that you have traveled.....it's been hard on you...hard on your precious family...hard on your friends who love you oh so much.....I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in this time Erin....all that you have learned...I am so proud of all the people that you have been able to get to pray together for a common cause for such a long time....I'm so proud that you have been able to bring youth members to their knees....in praising God for all HE is doing for you.....that's a remarkable thing in this day and age......Erin....God has so much more for you than what you are experiencing right now....Erin...I believe that God has seen you through this time...this adventure....and through it you have been strengthened...your family unit has been strengthened....not just the bonds that you have one to the other....but the bonds all of you have with Christ....the depening of your faith.......this has been, in those aspects a miraculous and marvelous time.........and it has been an honor...to be permitted to sit along the sidelines and be an observer.....Thank you for allowing us that Erin...thank you for allowing us to take a glimps at the hand of God at work....in seeing your time in this as an open book..........It's an honor to call you sister....and above all....we love you guys....and cherish this time, when we stand together praising GOD.........

Skoots1moM said...

"God's best to you, Erin! Christ's blessings on you!Every time your name comes up in my prayers, I say, 'Oh, thank you, God, for Erin and the Blonshines!' I 'know'of the love and faith Erin has for the Master Jesus...which brims over to other Christians."

"And I keep praying this faith we hold in common keeps showing up in the good things we all do, and people recognize Christ in all of it."

"Erin, you have no idea how good your love makes all of us feel, doubly so when we 'have seen and will' see your hospitality to fellow believers" after this challenge. (Philemon 1:2-7)

I'm beginning to envision the wonderfully touching moments you are going to be sharing with youth, adults, elderly about how and what He has done for you...sharing your understanding of hope, encouragement, and love above all.
: ) Remember, He make valleys into mountains...I don't know how, but he DOES!
Ms. Susan

Lauren said...

Coach Erin
I'm happy that your hives are going away. I pray for you everyday that you'll be better fast. We miss you in pride and hope to see you next year

Love
Lauren Beelen
your cheerleader

brittanydyan said...

That's so cool that you have a mattress in the family room:) I'm sitting on a fairly uncomfortable couch right now, wishing I had a mattress.

Erin, you are being so strong and brave through all of this. And, what a sport! I can't imagine how tough it must be to go back into not feeling well and not being able to get out and about. By the grace of God, you are enduring it like champ. When it's harder, cry out to Him. It's okay. He provides strength.

I love you and continue to pray for your complete healing, comfort and joy.

Brittany



"Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

The Stills said...

Don't worry Janet, I'm reading one of the dog whisperer books so I'll have lots of resources for when your dogs come home. So far after reading half the book I know that you must be the pack leader and have calm assertive energy , but I am not sure how to achieve that. I'll keep reading....

Love to all!
Vicki