Friday, April 4, 2008

Fri 4/4

Hello friends and family, Thanks for continuing to check in with us. I know it seems like we don't need you anymore now that she is in remission, but nothing could be farther from the truth. We still have a long way to go, so please keep praying. Erin is feeling well today and we just got back from several errands. She loves getting back to shopping and normal activity. However, she is still germphobic and reminds us all on a regular basis to wash our hands. Sounds like good advice for everyone since the flu is still out there!

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit with in me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Ps 51: 10-12

We are so thankful for all of you and your love, janet

P.S. Happy Spring Break Gwinnettians!!

10 comments:

The Stills said...

We won't be deterred from lifting Erin up in prayer, even by amazing, wonderful news. We are with you...all the way.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday! I am so glad that you are able to get out and about and enjoy running errands again! Hey, anytime you want to do some grocery shopping for me, just give me a call!! Seriously, I can imagine that even the most mundane task takes on a new meaning after all that you have been through. We will continue to pray for all of you. I pray that God will continue to use you and touch the lives of many! It still moves me to read comments posted by the youth, your students, and cheerleaders! God's working IN you and THROUGH you!
Lots of love,
Kristie

Unknown said...

Thank you Blonshines for being a living sign of Christ in our daily lives. I don't know how much of your sharing with us and allowing us to pray with you has helped the rest of us in our spiritual life. God Bless all! Thank you Erin for bringing us closer to Him. We are so thrilled of your remission! Our prayers continue for Erin and the rest of the gang. In loving support, the Annapolis Stahls

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are not giving up our positions on the wall praying over you my friend. We like being prayer warriors for you and we are standing firm. By the way Erin, I am sorry if I hugged you a little too tight the other night, I was just so excited about seeing you and so blown away by how great you looked. I am trying to be good and keep my distance but that was a God moment and I couldn't help myself. That hug was confirmation though that you are back with us and we love you. Stay strong and keep praising.
Love,
Sheri

Anonymous said...

so glad that you're able to get out there AND rejoice in remission at the same time!

still praying,
amanda g.

Anonymous said...

You ROCK little bulldog!!! I can't stop smiling. It was destiny - the GA spring game is tomorrow - and they just couldn't go on without their top cheerleader on the road to recovery!! George (my husband) and Matty will be going to the game tomorrow - when I told them your great news George said "wish we could take her with us - she's special."!!!! Erin you continue in my prayers - and you are an awesome example that prayers can move mountains!!
Much love and hugs!
Pat L.

Anonymous said...

it was so great seeing you last night and hanging out for 3 HOURS! i'm so excited about this trip we're planning. have a great week! i love you bunches and i will see you on monday for some F-U-N!

love you lots,
monica

Anonymous said...

Dear Janet,

We've been out of town and away from the Internet. I can hardly write this because I am so overcome with emotion with the fact that the collective requests of all of us who have prayed for Erin have been answered.

Yes, we all have to continue our prayers for Erin!

Much love to all of you and your parents the Hinkles.

You have a beautiful family and you are a beautiful woman, a lovely lady, a good mom, I am sure a good wife, an excellent nurse and a true believer in God's mercy.

Much love to all of you as we continue to pray for Erin's continued good health.

Florence

Kim Lockhart said...

Thank you for the continued updates. We will still be praying for Erin, so it's good to know what we need to be praying for. Even though God has already claimed the victory over Erin's cancer we can continue to thank him for his rich mercies in her life everyday. Love ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Erin!!!
I am soooo happy that you are in remission!!! God truly answers prayer!! I had such a great time hanging out with you last Friday and Sunday!! I'm so glad you can be out and about now!!
I was reading 2 Corinthians 4 the other day and it reminded me of what you've been through and that you've kept heart. Here are some of the verses: (v. 8) We've been surrounded and battered by troubles, but we're not demoralized; we're not sure what to do, but we know that God knows what to do; we've been spiritually terrorized, but God hasn't left our side; we've been thrown down, but we haven't been broken.
(v. 16-18) So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.
I love ya girl!!
mary claire