Sunday, February 10, 2008
Sunday at home
Dear Friends, This is the day that the Lord has made and we are rejoicing and being glad in it!!Here we are hanging out at home, wishing we could go to church. We haven't been in 6 weeks and we miss it dearly. But since the Dr said no crowds, we are trying to be compliant. Bill is there representing us and getting all Erin's hugs no doubt. Jealous? YES!! Erin had another good night and is catching up on some reading now. Her sisters are both sick so they couldn't visit this weekend. We are having a family birthday party on tues, hoping they will be well by then so they can attend. Emily just brought Erin the whole series of Gilmore Girls so we will be watching that all day. Gotta love it! Bless you all for your continued prayers. Your intercession on Erin's behalf is making all the difference!! God is faithful and has given us a sense of peace here at home. We stand in awe of His presence in our lives. "This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11. Love to all, Janet
11 comments:
My father-in-law called recently asking for words of inspiration and encouragement from the Bible. My initial reaction was to tell him: Go read Erin's blog.
We did some quick research on verses to send to him, but we also thought we would share them with you.
• Discover for yourself that the Lord is kind. Come to him for protection, and you will be glad. Psalm 34:8
• Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. Matthew 11:28-29
• Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5
• Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.” John 14:1
• So the LORD must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. Isaiah 30:18
• Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. Philippians 4:6
• And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25
• I pray also that thee yes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which God has called you. Ephesians 1: 18-19
• Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6
• So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6
• For I long to visit you so I can bring you some spiritual gift that will help you grow strong in the Lord. When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours. Romans 1:11-12
• O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8
• I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
• I've commanded you to be strong and brave. Don't ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the LORD your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
With all our love and encouragement.
Hi Erin and family! Didn't get to read the blog yesterday, so what a wonderful thing today to read Erin's words from yesterday. I could feel the strength God is giving you right through those words, and thank Him for that.
What had me pre-occupied yesterday was a continuing education course I was attending. Isn't that a metaphor for life! We are all surely in continuing education all the time as God reveals himself to us (IF we are paying attention that is!) Thank you for sharing with us, for allowing us to be a part of your journey and to pray for and with you, and for keeping your eyes on the TRUTH of God's promise.
LOVE,
The Stills
Erin;
It was so awesome to see you writing the update yesterday, it made my day!! God is faithful and has brought you through the last month, as He will do for round two. Just enjoy your time at home, rest up and eat well, you've got to build up your strength. That goes for your Mom & Dad too! We'll be up this week, hope to see you Wednesday, if that's okay. We love you bunches! Aunt Debbie
It was so good to see you today! You looked so good and so much more comfortable in your home than at the hospital. I'm glad you enjoyed your presents. Let me know how the new movies, Across the Universe, is! I want to get it myself. I woof you!
-Monica
Sweet Sister Erin, You continue to amaze us all....you and your loving family....what a blessing it is for all of us to see and hear of all the wonderful ways God is moving in this situation....You continue to inspire us....and continue to bring us all closer to God as we reach out to HIM for you......We love you!!!!
Dearest Blonshine's - Sorry I haven't written to congratulate you on getting to go home - I keep forgetting my password (would you say "old age"??) We are so happy that all of you are at home together. Your testimonies have reached more people than you'll ever know. We are blessed to have Bill back with us on Sunday's and can't wait until the day the doctor says you can visit with everyone...until that day we will just keep praying, praying, and prayer for your full recovery and keep all those nasty germs away from you. Love ya - Steve & Karen
hey Erin! I'm so glad to be able to read about all the stuff you've been doing at home! I know the days of sleeping and driving and reading have been fabulous! And gilmore girls rocks! I love you and i hope you have a great week, God bless you! P.s. Bible class is updated too! Love jessie
After the last comments, I believe that I could not add anything else at this moment! There is enough good stuff to ponder all week long! What a great blessing to you and your family to have the Holy Spirit work in so many people to encourage you all in your daily walk. Somehow, words from others can build us up, especially when we need to be super strong! When those words are our Lord's words, that makes for a mighty punch to combat "downer days." We pray that you are lifted up and feeling so strong that when you take your next treatment, you will not even skip a beat. Just maybe skip your laps! Know that we all love you and are praying around the clock!
Love, Susan Simpson
Hey Erin!
So glad to read your own post from Saturday! Your family has done a wonderful job of keeping us all up to date, but reading your words made me smile right away! I'm really happy you are enjoying the comforts of home. I'm also pleased the "guards" you have protecting your house are keeping out those old fools of Moore and Butz! Thankfully they are not there living up to their "threats" of bothering you!
Enjoy the beautiful day!
Love you,
Margaret Pete, Kate and Kara
He's watching over you!
And we're continuing our prayers for you.
At worship last night, Allen showed the Sr Hi Fall Retreat video and there you were serving communion and loving on the kids. : )
So, YOU WERE THERE WITH US during worship, too!
The Less led our music wonderfully...we so enjoy getting to worship with them. Then, David Walters brought a very good Valentine's message on David's struggles and victories (but always having God's heart at his core). David's wonderful demeanor reached the kids as a group and individually as several committed and re-committed at the end of the service.
Know we love you bunches ... sending XXXs and 0000s always!
Psalm 1:
"Like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper. ....for the LORD WATCHES OVER THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS!
Post a Comment