Monday, February 11, 2008
Monday at home
Blessings on you, mondays need double portions of blessings. Erin is doing well, she is a little tired though, she stayed up late to see Josh Groban on the Grammys. She just got a house call from the Moore Butz team of "medical" professionals. They brought more M&Ms to resupply her until she can get back to the real meds at the hospital. I am afraid of the bill we will get when the Moore-Butz team sends us their invoice. They brought Erin the most incredible video that the youth made her. Nick, Jeff and Tyler wrote her a hilarious rap and got all the kids to dance and say hi on the video. I suspect Allen was the producer. It is quality stuff, they probably need an agent!! Erin loved it, I cried. Love is a powerful emotion to share and we really felt it watching the video. Thanks guys!! She wishes she was able to come to see everyone, but the fact that we don't know the status of her immune system, is keeping her at home. She would love to go to the girls group tonight, but she will just have to join you by phone. Thanks again everyone for your prayers, we are so grateful for all your support!! Hugs, janet
10 comments:
owhay areay ouyay oingday odaytay? opefullyhay ellway! iay opehay otay eesay ouyay oonsay! iay ovelay ouyay!
-onicamay!
(figure that one out!)
hey erin: I'm so glad you get to spend a few days at home....especially for your birthday! We're still praying!
lots of love!
ellen
Sounds like ya'll have been covered in giggles!!!...We love it.....praying today for remission...for continued good numbers....for good sleep tonight and for a peaceful spirit during the next round of testing......we love ya!!
Lord, thank YOU for the beautiful days that YOU have given to Erin...thank YOU Lord, for the case of the giggles that has been sent her way....Father, continue to embrace this family...continue to guide this family....continue to LOVE them Lord......IN JESUS' PRECIOUS NAME.....AMEN....
Hi Erin
Thinking about you all the time--I know you are so enjoying being at home. I can tell by the blogs by both you and your mom that your spirits have been renewed. God is so very good! Patience has always seemed to be one of your finest qualities, but I guess you get to test it even more by not getting out to meet everyone face to face. That is a good decision because there are so many nasty germs going around. Your counts will rise soon and you will be able to get out more then. We are so thankful for your good days at home. I know your mom is nervous without that daily blood count--tell her that is normal. I remember gauging all of our activities around that number. However, ignorance can be bliss so enjoy, enjoy! We love you!
The Sykes'
Yay!
I'm so glad you're home and I'm so glad you got to see the video!! We read the words in Sunday school (because the DVD player didn't work) and Caroline and I kept bursting into fits of giggles (:
And like they said, you better be up to miming some for Signs when you return(;
Hey Blonshine! You're lookin' fine!
I miss you.
Melissa
Hi Erin! That is so wonderful that the youth made that video for you. I bet it was a super piece of love and creativity all wrapped together. I have seen so much love through this blog--through your posts and through the comments. The body of Christ is so evident. It's a blessing to see so many people being "one in spirit and purpose" and out of love for Christ!
I love you Erin and will pray for your days at home and that they are restful, fun, and filling. I continue to pray that God would heal your body. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Eat some cake for me:)
"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose."
Philippians 2:1-4
hey girl!
I know I already talked to you today, but I wanted to let you know that I have lots of family up in the suburbs of Chicago. They're all praying for you, so you can add Elgin, IL, Downers Grove, IL, LaGrange Park, IL, and Lombaurd, IL to your list. Also, my cousin who lives in downtown Chicago is praying for you. We all love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!
Love you
Lauren
I hope you are having a great time relaxing at home! So many of us (including me) don't always appreciate the simple joy of being at home with the people we love. I miss you!!!
Erin :)
Tomorrow morning I will wake up and think:
"This is the (BIRTH)DAY that the Lord has made (for Erin), let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Have a wonderful day!
Good Evening Miss Erin,
It was wonderful to be able to attend to you at home today. Your neighbors looked "impressed" to see two Doctors arrive. They were mistaken to believe that Doctors don't make house calls any more. Little do they know of the importance of the patient we were visiting.
And for the Concerned General Public... I must report that Erin looked Marvelous!! She was almost glowing with a large smile when she saw us enter. Either our M&M therapy is working or she was happy to see us. We'll take the smiles either way. And we can also report that, upon further testing and examination (supervised by her favorite Nurse and Mom Janet) she remains free of Tic's. The rest of our visit, medically speaking, must remain confidential. It was sad that we were forced to work today without the assistance of P/A Blessing. However, if she intends to go from P/A to Doctor, her education must continue. She has recently offered her professional advise and opinion to Erin by phone. P/A Blessing is also forcing Dr. Butz and I to follow her "No Needles" policy. And when she speaks, we listen. I still haven't forgotten her promise to "carve" me.
And Erin, while we know that a visit to your lesser liked Doctors at Emory awaits, please know that the Team of Blessing-Moore-Butz is as close as a phone call away. If those mean, needle using Doctors insist that they need you to stay with them again, you know that our visit will soon follow... as long as we can get by Security. :-)
All Our Love and Prayers,
Dr. Ken and the Blessing-Moore-Butz Team.
Post a Comment