Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tues 2/5 1030

Good Morning! Thank you for your continued prayers. We depend on them. Erin's ANC went down today to 119 (yesterday was 180), WBCs 1.7 and her H&H went down too so she needs blood today. We haven't seen the Dr yet so we don't know any results from the biopsy but I didn't want to wait to post this morning. I will update later when we see the Dr. You know, as trying as this is, we are still positive because we know God is at work in this situation. Also, everyone here is so positive. They all are determined to get Erin home for her birthday. We know God is in control and His timing is perfect.

"Be still and know that I am God"-Psalm 46:10.

Also, after that powerful prayer service, I am more assured than ever that God has surrounded us with a team of "watchmen" to keep vigil for God's miracles. We are all keeping our eyes focused on God and are eager to see His Grace in action. Bring it on God!! love you , janet

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For though we have never yet seen God, when we love each other God lives in us and his love within us grows ever stronger!"
-1 John 4:12

How appropriate! Even though we can't see God, he is living in all of us and you! God is EVERYWHERE!

-Monica

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Miss Erin,

We have a little catching up to do. Margaret was confused about being offered a position on our team. What we meant was that we would offer to help her find treatment for the mental issues that haunt her. We are unable to hire her or treat her as those issues aren't part of our specialty. We are working on a referral for her. Dr. Butz and I have our own issues. And Ms. Blessing didn't think she could help her either. We do think she will eventually be OK without our help.

And regarding Ms. Blessing, it looks to be a "done deal", but until it's official we haven't reprinted the cards and stationary yet. Plus, we have to get her an official white jacket and go to Wal-Mart for equipment and supplies.

Pam and Ken are considering the baby names we offered..., at least Ken is. He'll consider almost anything for money. Pam may be a tougher sell. We'll see in time. Ken could slip out just after the delivery and fill out the paperwork naming the baby whatever he wants. Pam would forgive him... eventually, right?

And regarding the Super Bowl Party, I don't consider collecting M&M's to be stealing since they are going to a "good cause" in the medical industry. Dr. Butz was correct that we were almost pressed into duty to assist in what turned out to be a minor injury Sunday night. However, once it was obvious that it wasn't too serious, we stood back and let others, like Kristen, work with him. He looked happy about that... probably just happy knowing we were there if needed.

All Our Love and Prayers,
Dr. Ken, Angela, Nic & Nat.

Anonymous said...

Love you sisp! Dont worry be happy! Read the Shack- time will pass faster that way I promise... I love you so much!! Praying for you always!

Treonas said...

Hi Erin! I just wanted to say hello! I just finished reading The Shack - wow, what an amazing book! I'm praying for you and hope you get to come home soon! See you soon! Psalm 121:2 - O Father, how I thank You that my help comes from You, the Master of heaven and earth... Terry

Anonymous said...

Erin:

We think of you and your family often. We cheer with your good days and frown when you are down. We get so inspired by reading your blog and we hope we can inspire you with our prayers and comments.

In the words of Paul: ... we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance produces character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

You are perfect illustration of perseverance, character, and hope.

With our prayers, and in His love.

Anonymous said...

Erin!

I am sitting in my last class of the day, and I couldn't stop thinking about you. I have completed my work, so I decided to talk to you! :)

The other night I was listening to Chris Tomlin's 'Everlasting God', and the lyrics really comforted me in my thoughts and prayers about you. I wanted to pass them on.

"Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

"You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles"

That last part of the verse of chorus or whatever is it (haha, I'm not a highly educated musician as you can see) is taken from Isaiah 40:28-31-

" Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Erin, I'm praying for you. I really, really hope you can come home for your birthday. Keep those numbers high!!

I love you to the stars and back!

Love, Lauren.

The Stills said...

Erin, you should have been here today. We were personnally called by 4 or 5 presidential candidates. I felt so important! But it was STILL hard to decide who to vote for. :) Hey,if they call again, I'll ask for their autographs for you! :)

Praying about those numbers; praying for you every day.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl
Mickey here, I've been thinking about you today. I'm hoping your spirits are up and your ANC's are too. When all this is over with, I want you to come with us on a MEX trip. We'll have a blast!!!!

Got a Thanks letter from you and your mom today. Sounds like She and Laura enjoyed the "Shack". Hope you are encouraged like I was. I met the Author last Wednesday. Neat Guy. He left an impression on me with these last words. "If anything matters....then everything matters." I hope you know that you matter alot to many people; including me!

Love You! Stay Strong. Say Hi to "Chip"

Mickey V.

Margaret said...

Ok! Ok! My turn to set the record straight again! Mental issues Dr. Moore…who is the one dreaming he is doctor? Who is the on impersonating a doctor in a hospital parking lot or better yet in the hospital itself? Who is the one thinking medical “equipment” is purchased at Wal-Mart? Tattoo, bring the whacko back from Fantasy Island……. I was offered a position with your “prestigious” group but after your latest entry with the false accusations I’m thinking I had better distance myself from the Blessing Moore Butz Group and form my own Superior Medical Group. So what say you now Dr. Moore?

Erin, I hope you had a great day! I also hope you get to go home this week and that you will have the BEST birthday celebration ever!

We love you and we continue to pray for you and your family.

Have restful evening!

Love,
Margaret, Pete, Kate and Kara

Anonymous said...

Hey Blondies!
I just ordered the book that everyone is talking about, Shack, it sounds good. I find that I am learning and growing in my faith, as a result of what God is doing in your lives! How awesome is that!
We're looking forward to seeing you next week! Depending on what's going on with you guys, we'll be in Atlanta either Wednesday or Thursday, we'll call first.
Hang in there, I know it feels like it's one step forward and two steps back, but you are on the right path to healing! Love you all, Aunt Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hello Erin and Family,
We read your updates and pray for you each night as a part of our family prayer time before the kids go to bed. Parker misses you at the youth events and looks forward to seeing you. He says "hello".

Love and prayers,
Penny, Johnny, Parker, Perrin Clavijo

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Janet, Bill & Erin;
During my devotion this morning I came across this verse, and I thought of you:
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed- always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10
This verse addresses so much.......
yes we have hard times, but we will not be crushed,left in despair or destroyed! Jesus is in all that is happening, in ways we haven't even begun to comprehend!How comforting!
Love you all and am sending a BIG HUG right now! Aunt Deb
I'll be praying all day on the hour, until we get the bone marrow results back.