Sunday, February 24, 2008

Post-Amazing Healing Service

My beautiful prayer warriors,

Thank you so much for an amazing service tonight! I cannot put into words what a wonderful experience it was. I sat in the balcony with my bodyguards for "germ safety," and I am so glad that I was up there, because it was so beautiful watching all of my friends commit to being lifelong prayer warriors for the Lord. I wanted SO badly to run down there and hug you all and pray with you at the altar - know that I was praying for you with all my heart from up in the box seating. It was amazing to get to see your lovely faces, complete with "warrior paint" (aka, sweet smelling oil). Not a day goes by that I don't think of and miss my church family. I love you guys with all my heart and I was so glad to get to see you tonight! :) Thank you for all your prayers and support - I believe that I got a glimpse of heaven tonight, and for that I feel so blessed. While God has been showing me how He is using this journey to strengthen me and my family (as well as many of you amazing bloggers - thank you for sharing with us!), tonight we were truly able to see how He is using this experience to teach others and grow them in their relationship with Him as prayer warriors. I feel blessed that God has chosen me for this journey because through it, He is allowing me to glimpse heaven. What an amazing feeling! Watching His children walk to meet Him at the altar so that they may speak intimately with Him - I couldn't stop my tears (which made my mask really wet, by the way). I am so grateful for tonight. Thank you for making it wonderful!

I didn't think I could even go to the service tonight, but we drafted our plans this afternoon (bodyguards, masks, sneaking upstairs, etc), and decided that I could go. I am now convinced that God was hanging on to my numbers so that I would be home long enough to go to the service tonight. What a blessing! Seeing all my beautiful friends tonight definitely lifted my spirits and gave me even more strength and determination to beat this thing so I can come back and play signs and rock paper crazy, and give everyone big hugs!

Thank you again for an amazing night! I feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group and amazing team of prayer warriors! I love you! - Erin

10 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

What a night HE gave us as we praised Him while in this valley. I continue to marvel at his ways and his confirmations.

He poured His love throughout the sanctuary tonight and we spilled every fear, anxiety, and even angry thoughts "that this isn't fair". But His ways are not our ways....I have to keep repeating that.

He most certainly wants an extraordinary life for each of us, Sheri. Thank you so much for all the compassion and love that exuded from your heart tonight for our dear Erin, Janet, Bill, Amanda, and Laura...we could feel the Holy Spirit counseling, healing and surrounding us. Our Jehovah loves every hair on our heads and knows our hearts for this precious family.

I pray you will have wonderfully restful sleep tonight...knowing all the hands that will be lifting you up as you return to the hospital. love and big XXXXX's and
000000's,
The Kirkmans : )

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Erin... And Family,

What an amazing night! I'm sure you felt it and I hope you could see the love coming from the youth (and adults) tonight. You have brought out strong emotion in many people. And led others to a deeper sense of hope and faith. You were a loved leader before the leukemia. But what you have done for us in faith has been a blessing. I'm certain you would have gladly passed on the leukemia, but since you have it, know that it is leading those of us in your church, along with others you'll never meet, to another level in our walk with God.

OK, enough of the serious part...

Speaking for myself, and I believe Dr. Butz, we were slightly embarrassed when you proclaimed to the crowd that the main reason you were there tonight was due to the special treatment and medication we provided. I'm certain that's what I heard you say, even though it was slightly muffled through the mask. We are happy to share some of the credit with the Emory Staff, even if they continue to insist that needles are a required part of your treatment. PA Blessing has it right... No Needles, Never! And wasn't it good to see Margaret out tonight. Her medication must be working, thanks to the professionals we referred her to. They are doing a wonderful job, don't you think?

All Our Love and Prayers,
Dr. Ken, of the Blessing-Moore-Butz Team, where,as you know...
"We're Behind You All The Way!"

brittanydyan said...

Oh Erin, Your words and description of last night gave me chills. God is working...has been working...will work for us forever. Thank you for sharing that on the blog.

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."

"And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Romans 8: 26-28

Kelly said...

i love you erin sooooooo much!!!!

Rich said...

I feel blessed that God has chosen me for this journey because through it, He is allowing me to glimpse heaven.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who suddenly found the room growing dusty upon reading this line. To go through what you've gone through and not only accept and tolerate it but also actively embrace it is such a testament to who you are. I always knew you were a special person, but reading that -- and everything else that's happened -- has shown me, and so many others, how truly unique you really are.

Treonas said...

Erin, what a testimony!!! When I read the following, I believe it describes you: Whenever you face trails of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4. Many things happen in life that aren't fair, accepting those situations means focusing your strength and energy on releasing yourself to God and letting him see you through them rather than letting anger, bitterness, sadness, and self-pity hold you in their grasp. Erin, you are truly a picture of letting go and letting God have total control of your life, your circumstances. Thank you and your family for being such an encouragement to all of us bloggers during this time! We love you guys and will be praying for you. Love, Terry

Anonymous said...

Dear blessed Blondshine family,
hile we have been lifting prayers from 'down the street', last night, we committed to praying over your home when we come and go. Therefore, please don't think you are being stalked when you see us out front in the car with our hands raised to the Lord..just know that we are praying healing and protecting over the whole family and home. We can't wait to hear that the cancer is gone. In Christ Love, Tracy

Sarah said...

Oh Erin... the blessing was OURS!
The privilege is OURS to be the interceding cheese between the ham and the bread. *That was one of the best descriptions I have ever heard of interceding for others*

We continue to pray without ceasing that those counts will go UP UP UP and that you can get that chemo going again and make the leukemia GONE GONE GONE.

Oh and seeing as how I am spending the weekend with your older sister I may need some pointers on how to manage her. Such a trouble maker, that one. HA.

Thank you for letting us share some of this journey with you.

Love, The Foster Four

Anonymous said...

I am laughing AND crying as I read your comments about last night! I am so glad that you got to experience your prayer service! What a blessing for you and the youth alike! How awesome to be in a room filled with so much love and prayer...for YOU! You are touching lives! Your trial is bringing people closer to Christ and strengthening the prayer lives of many! I am awaiting your results from today's tests. I'm praying for you daily!
Lots of hugs,
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!

I love you so much! It was awesome to be able to see you yesterday! I'm praying for you. :)

Also, I do not think you know how much you have blessed me. God shines so brightly through you.

~Leah