Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sat at home

Hey guys - it's Erin . . . from the comfort of my own couch! :) I am so glad to be at home - I am just enjoying and soaking in every minute of each day here! I feel like the Lord is renewing my strength emotionally, physically, and mentally. The weather has been wonderful and the birds were singing when I woke up this morning! I was able to drive my car yesterday - that was fun! It was exciting to get out and see what has been going on around here.

I also want you to know how much I appreciate all the encouragement that you guys have provided through this blog. What an amazing way for God to show himself to us! It has been such a blessing for us to read your comments each day. You guys are such faithful prayer warriors - we are so blessed to have you in our lives! The Lord has truly blessed us through this experience, and, though I am nervous about returning for the second round of treatment, I feel confident that the Lord has already strenthened me and that He is preparing me for the next battle. Thank you for taking part in my journey. This is undoubtedly the most difficult thing I have ever had to endure, but through your prayers and encouragement, I can see that the Lord is working in and through this. I will definitely have material for my book when this is all over! :) Thank you for your continued prayers, friends - you guys are helping to sustain me through this experience. I love you all and I am so grateful for all your support! :) I miss you, and I cannot wait to get through this so I can see everyone again! Lots of love, Erin

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess!!! It is wonderful to hear your electronic voice - and I'm so glad you are finally able to experience the comforts of home. You are always on my mind and in my heart. Miss you, love you, and know you are poised to win this battle!! HUGS!!
Pat L.

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I'm so glad to hear that you're home. Kathleen Stahl asked us to pray for you. What a wonderful and loving support system you have! We will continue to pray for your comfort and complete healing. My daughter is married to Kathleen & Dave's son. They are both teachers, and my daughter is the cheerleading coach at a Single A school, Bremen. We are fans of your PR Lions! God bless you all!
Anne & family

Anonymous said...

Erin!!!
I'm sorry I haven't written in such a long time.
HOORAY for being home!
that makes me so excited for you!!
When you get comfortable at home and are up for a visit i would love to come and visit you!
oh here is something that should make you laugh...i'm helping with soccer. me who has no soccer skills at all. but i'm good friends with the coach so i told her i would help her out. its a lot of fun! i love getting to see the kids in a setting outside of the classroom:)

well i love you my dear! i hope your day goes wonderfully. Praise Jesus that he has brought you this far!!
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay at home. I hope I can get a signed copy of your book when you are finished with it. I am thinking about you constantly and praying for you always. Give yourself a giant hug from me.

Courtney

Skoots1moM said...

How exciting to see you typing into the blog...so proud of your feeling better. Isn't home a wonderful place to truly enjoy His blessings for us.

We're cleaning out the basement today while Channing is at driver's ed. Doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend a Saturday?! The exciting part is we are getting ready to finish off our basement so the kids will have a better congregating place...to enjoy guitar hero, karaoke, etc. and pizza, of course. Can't wait to get it done and then you can come visit...then, I'll try to beat you in guitar hero! (If I can figure out where my fingers go).

Just wanted to say hi and send all my prayers your way....I can see you smiling!

I was encouraged today with Isaiah 40...see below. His promises never fail and His Word LIVES in each of us EVERY day when we center our minds and hearts on it.
XXXXs & 0000s
Ms. Susan : )

Isa 40:28-31

"The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint."

Sarah said...

There's no place like home!
You still inspire us to be our best as we think of the battle you are fighting. I am so glad you will be home for your birthday and be able to rest and relax out of the reach of needles, nurses and noise!

Love,
The Fosters

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are at home and enjoying this beautiful day! My prayers were answered when I read you were going home. I can't wait to report to my bible study group tomorrow night. I love you girl!!

April

Anonymous said...

EB!!!!!!
I'm so very very glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at home. My prayer for the last couple of weeks is that you would be home for your birthday. I know that February is your favorite month and I'm glad you get to spend it in the comfort of your own home. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I love you giiiirrrrll! Rest in the Lord's love, and in your comfty bed.
Love you bunches,
Leslie

Treonas said...

Hey Erin! I think and pray for you constantly! I'm so thankful that you are home. Last summer I was so excited that you were coming to PRHS now this summer I'm going to be just as excited to be able to welcome you back!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin,
I'm so glad you get to be at home for awhile! I read that you've been watching lots of movies so I wanted to pass one on to you. It's called Little Manhattan and it's probably the sweetest movie I've ever seen. You keep hanging in there and we'll keep praying for you!
Love you,
Jessica Noice

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! We're so glad to read that you get to enjoy some time at home! There's nothing better than sleeping in your own bed, driving you own sassy car, and watching daytime tv from your own couch! Ken and I talk about, think about, and pray for you so often. In fact, we just finished praying for you now.... 9 pm time slot you know!!
We love you Erin... and the rest of the Blonsteins!
Stewie & Pam

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear from you! Not that we don't enjoy hearing from your mom, but it's pretty special to read your words! I am so proud of you! Pam and I went to Berry College today to visit college roommates. We had a lot of travel time to sit and talk...without breaking up fights or passing cherios over the back seat! You occupied a lot of our conversation! You and your family are such an inspiration to us...and to many! John and the kids and I continue to pray for you nightly, and anytime you cross our minds throughout the day(which is often). I am so glad that you are enjoying your time at home. Cherish each moment! We hope to see you soon!
Hugs to all,
Kristie Chamlee

brittanydyan said...

Erin-nano! It was so awesome to read your words this morning!I keep praying that your time at home would be restful and joyful. It sounds like God is answering my prayers again:) When you start your book, I want to know! I will help in any way I can!

I love you friend and am so blessed to know you and will continue to pray for your health, comfort and spirit.

Brittany

Kristen Salsameda said...

Erin! I am so excited to see you typing! I am so glad you are home and that it is helping you to get stronger. Larry and I are praying for you. We miss you at work! I know the Lord is doing great things through this - He is awesome that way!
love, Kristen and Larry