Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day +17 Sept 1

Dear Prayer Warriors, Well, not much new to report, Erin did not sleep last night due to the pain. They increased her pump twice and gave her 3 addtional boluses of Dilaudid but she couldn't get comfortable. She just kept sitting up and laying down over and over. Her 12 lbs of extra fluid in her stomach is taking over! Plus all her organs are swollen. She can't breathe deep or move well. She is really having a hard time. We haven't seen the Dr yet but we hope he has a different plan, because this one isn't working. I did some reading on good ole Google last night and there are several meds that she is on or has been on that may have contributed to her inflammed liver. It is all so confusing. They are giving her protein to help with the ascites but protein is hard on the liver. I don't know what to do except pray hard for relief!! God has brought her through so much already, I know He can get her through this too. I just want it yesterday!! Erin continues to be very patient and sweet but she just hurts nonstop, so of course we hurt with her. Thanks for the prayers, please keep them coming! Only the Great Physician knows what to do here and we need Him to nudge the Drs a little.
Yesterday they upgraded the flu policy again. They are only allowing family to visit and supposedly only 1 at a time. Yeah right! So even though we appreciate all your offers to visit, we aren't allowed. Everyone here is doing their best to keep these patients safe and we are thankful. We love notes on the blog, e-mail and phone calls but sorry, no visits for now.
I will update this later if the Dr has any revelation for us. In the meantime, pray, pray, pray. blessings, janet

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24 AMEN!!

11 comments:

Janell said...

Love you, Erin. You're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that I could pray any harder, but I am stepping it up. We love you Erin and pray for some relief from your unending pain.
Ms. Kimberly and Mackenzie

cindy craft said...

Erin and Janet, I pray that God will lay his wisdom on the Doctors and enable them to rid Erin of her pain and swelling. Janet you need to get a sun lamp in that room and get some good ole vitamin D!! This dreary weather has to be getting the best of you! Love you all!-Cindy

Skoots1moM said...

Dear Lord, continue to protect Erin as her body is building her bone marrow.
You know every hair on her head...for through You she is perfectly made.
We ache for You to alleviate all the pain and give the doctors the solution to relieve Erin's discomfort.

(Psalm 77:11-15)
"We remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, (Your strong arm has healed her before today, and we ask it again).

"We remember your miracles of long ago. We will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."

"Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. With your mighty arm you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph."

We ask it in Your Son's Most Precious Name, Jesus Christ, Amen & Amen

Tracy Bishop said...

Lord,
Please bring physical relief to Erin. provide divine guidance for her doctors. And comfort her parents. You are a might God and I thank you for your wonderous work in Erin and her family's life. Amen.

Adrienne said...

Hey Erin,
I know your going through, but keep hanging on. Before you know it you will be out of the storm.
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Erin,

I am sorry to hear you are having such a bad way of it. I had one of those God moments the other night and began praying for you. God seemed to reveal himself and say it was going to be all good. I have to admit, he did not say when. I agree with your Mom and say "there is no time like the present". My heart and my thoughts are with you and the Family. Stay strong. We love you.

Mr Hanley

Sarah said...

We love you sweet Blonshine family. Praying for relief.

The Fosters

Unknown said...

We can only imagine how much you are all hurting for Erin, and we are so sorry for her pain. Our prayer is for this to go away soon and that you feel the supernatural, unexplainable comfort of God's strong, tender hands holding you all up.

Much love,
The Still

Dorothy Harden said...

We can't imagine the pain Erin is enduring nor the heartache and helpless feeling you must have as parents in watching your precious daughter suffer. We will continue to pray for lessened side effects from the meds, decreased swelling, for wisdom and discernment for the doctors, and for a peaceful and restful night.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Pslam 68:19
May the Lord bless you and keep you. Make the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen

Blessings and peace,
The Harden's

Monica G said...

I would post something funny to brighten the spirits of the Blonshines but that may put Erin in some pain, so I'll leave the funny stuff out. I know your whole family is suffering right now and I wish there was something more I could do to take the pain away. I know the biggest and best thing I can do right now is simply pray...although it's by no means "simple" prayer! We prayer for you every day and your family is constantly in our thoughts.

I love all of you!
-Monica & Jim Gassman