Monday, September 14, 2009

Long clinic day

Sorry about the late entry, we had a very long clinic day and just got home. Erin was in so much pain today and so nauseous they had to rush her back to the infusion center to give her some IV dilaudid and ativan. After that she was much better. She was dehydrated from lots of nausea over the weekend so they gave her some fluids. Then she had a reaction to the new antifungal med they tried. They were hoping for us to start that at home. We thank God she was there when she had the reaction so they could give her IV benadryl. All is well now, we just have to stay on top of the pain and nausea to get her transitioned to home life. When you sleep 12 hours at a time, your meds get off their schedule. So now I may be waking her up to push pills. She threatened Bill and I with bodily harm if we woke her up for anything, but now she may have to let us. Anyway, thanks for the continued prayers. We are so hopeful that we can get this all figured out to keep from having to be readmitted. Don't look for early posts this week, we have to go to the clinic 4 days this week and it makes for long days. Blessings on you for fighting the fight with us. we love you, janet

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

How cool is that?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Praying for relief and grateful you can remain at home!

Margaret said...

LOVE YOU ALL!

Praying for you always!
The Knapik's

Unknown said...

We could take that verse very personally!!! I think we will!

So SO sorry about the rough day. We are praying for a better tomorrow.

Love,
The Stills

Treonas said...

I'm so thankful we have the Lord to fight for us - I love the verse if we have the Lord our side who can be against us?? Love you and praying for you.

Skoots1moM said...

the lord's promises NEVER fail
:)

WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!
prayers for rest, a quiet tummy and pain to disappear

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you. I keep thinking about how much Erin is like a newborn - only 30 days after her new birthday. Waking them to eat, give medicine, and how peaceful they are when they sleep. Praying for mom and dad too especially as you take care of your little angel. - Tracy Bishop

Kim Mixon said...

Janet,
I think your scripture for this day sums up how Erin feels about you waking her up! God is fighting and she wants to be still and sleep! So glad she is home and as always, we are praying daily!

with lots of love!
Andrew, Kim and Callie