Hi Guys....Mr. Bill here,
The clinic is starting to feel like home....except for having none of the comforts...because we have been spending so much time here this week! Erin is fine except for the boredom. We got here at 10:30 this morning and I am writing this at 6:00 pm...and we have 30 minutes to go on her transfusion. She had her labs done and her WBC is still <.3, platelets were at 30, H&H was at 23.8, so she definitely needed a couple units of blood. We finally got blood at 4:15 which is administered over 2 hours! How do you spell FUN?!?!?! The good news is no allergic reaction today. We must have made an impression yesterday, because the nurses we had today were well aware of yesterday's complications. :)
I did manage to scrape out a Skip-Bo** victory to reclaim a little self-respect and Erin has been watching back-to-back-to-back episodes of Monk on the little one-person TV next to her chair in the transfusion center. Forgive me if I'm getting a little stir-crazy here. We saw the doctor and he said we needed to wait on getting the central line out (sorry Ken...I know how much you wanted to put another notch in your doctor kit).
-------------------------------------------------------
** Erin here - Dad "conveniently" forgot to mention my 3 game streak over him (2 of which I won yesterday during my "hive spell" while I had 100mg of Benadryl - that's a TON of Benadryl - normal dose = 25mg - needless to say, it did not impair my card skills). So, I think I am still champion of Skip-Bo (he's got us all beat in Backgammon). :)
---------------------------------------------------------
Okay...so much for getting a little self-respect back....well must close for now as it looks like Erin is just about topped off. Thanks for checking in with us. You all have truly been a blessing to us and the journey would have been so much harder without all the wonderful support you have provided. God is good...All the time!
Bill
2 comments:
Not being familiar with skip-bo, I finally looked it up on Wikipedia and learned that it was produced in 1967 by Mrs. Hazel Bowman of Brownfield Texas and that it is a commercial version of the game "Spite and Malice". That's as far as I got. Maybe you can teach us sometime! I'll continue my research in the meantime..........
yippee, no hives! thank you, jesus, for making today's clinic visit successful. prayers being sent for a wonderful night's rest!
love,
Susan xxx's & 000's
Psalm 91:1
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Post a Comment