Thank you Lord for the outpouring of love at the blood/ bone marrow drive! We collected 90 units of blood and 60 folks signed up for the bone marrow registry. That is awesome and we are so grateful for all of you who gave of yourselves in honor of Erin!! She enjoyed getting to pass out cookies and juice and support all of you in return. What an awesome show of unity in Christ. It really blessed our hearts to see all of you today. Glory to God for such a wonderful church family.
Erin starts round 4 tomorrow so we are again asking for prayers for minimal side effects and strength to go through it all. She is getting really excited to be done with it all. We are counting down the days! Thanks again everyone! love, janet
8 comments:
It was great to see you today. We are praying once again for minimal side effects for Erin. Go Girl Go!!!!
It was wonderful seeing all of you this morning! I hope Amanda has fully recovered and was able to make it to her church service! Erin, you could give her a lesson in fortitude!!! We're praying for you tonight, as usual! We'll pray for minimal side-effects and quick recovery after this round of chemo. Love to you all!
The Chamlees
I'm reading a small exerpt from a Beth Moore book Discovering God's Purpose for Your Life. I hope that I can relay some thoughts from that book to you. You know the phylactery, the little box that an Orthodox Jew puts on his head, secured with leather straps to hold it in place? In this box are some tiny papers with the Law from Deuteronomy 6. The Jews were told to write the Law on their doorposts, on the frames of their houses, and even on their foreheads. They have taken this quite literally. These are the concerns that a Jew would have everyday.
You can give your concerns to God in the same way. "God knows what scares you nearly to death. God knows what's on your mind. . .let it be on His." Paul writes "My concerns are written on pieces of paper, and they are bound to the head of my Savior. He will never forget, therefore, I can release and trust because I know the one I believe in." As Beth Moore would say, "Can I have an AMEN?" AMEN!
Peace be with you all today--
Susan Simpson
yeah erin! I am so proud of you sissy. You are doing so good through all of this, and just think how strong you will be in the end. taking pills? ... no problem. getting shots? ... piece of crumb cake. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!! i love you.
Praying that everything goes well today and that any side effects are minimal. I am so proud of Amanda -- what a blessing to have such a wonderful sister and daughter!
Kiddo, you are officially in the home stretch and we are praying for comfort and peace along with good rest over the next 6 days along with the 3 week recovery time.
Janet -- it was so great to meet you yesterday morning and hope we cross paths again in the highways and biways of the Church through other missions such as the blood drive and other Church functions such as Campmeeting or the Women's Retreat -- Our Church is so blessed to have the Blonshines among us!
Blessings and Prayers Always,
The Cotners
In addition to the 60 you signed up for the bone marrow registry, I posted the online link on a couple of message boards I read and several folks have responded that they signed up online. On top of that I have a few folks here at work who have done it this morning. Great job on the drive, and it was a pleasure to meet y'all.
--David Purcell
"Without God it is utterly impossible. But with God everything is possible!"
-Mark 10:27 TLB
Can't you just here Delane making her little shout after the chorus this verse resembles! Ahhhh....
-Monica
Praying for you today Erin (and everyday, but especially for starting round 4)!
Post a Comment