Thursday, October 29, 2009

WooHoo +75

Dear Prayer Warriors,
Can you believe it? Day 75! Praise God for bringing us this far! We are happy to report a good day yesterday. Erin didn't throw up once. She slept a good bit and she was able to eat a normal dinner again! She asked for porcupine meatballs and I caved and made them of course. I'm just so happy she ate something! Thank you for your prayers for decreased nausea, God is listening! Our new request for prayer is that we can get Erin off of her pain medicine. She is still on Dilaudid for pain and Ativan for nausea. We have tried several times to wean it off, but we were trying to wean both at the same time. Yesterday we separated them and are trying to phase out just the Dilaudid over the next few days. Hopefully then she will have more awake time to do her walking etc. Erin says she has been very busy growing hair so she hasn't used her energy to walk. However, she really needs to walk so she can get her muscles back. So many prayer requests. It's a good thing we serve the Almighty God, who is more than capable of handling every detail. Blessings, janet

"This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel; 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for another good day! We are continuing to pray for more of those!

I hope Erin can find a little extra strength to get some walking in... although it is important to save some energy for growing that hair! Maybe I'll ask Ken if he has any tips for growing a thick lustrous head of hair. On second thought.... :0)

We love you all and are keeping each of you in our prayers!
Pam

Unknown said...

Got to catch up on 2 good news days from you just now. So thankful about the 'good day' yesterday and about your job Janet. God is good!
Love,
The Stills

Anonymous said...

I am praying and chuckling at the same time. Does Erin have a Samson-complex? God bless and strenghten all of you. - Tracy Bishop