Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday - Day +64

Hi Friends....Bill here again,

What a beautiful Fall Sunday! Erin is feeling better today but very tired. She slept until noon and really only got up then after some prodding on my part. The discomfort yesterday afternoon and evening seemed to settle down after getting her IV meds last night. We are trying to stretch the time between pain meds and I think we may have stretched a little too far yesterday.

Janet survived her first real day back at work yesterday (albeit somewhat shortened which was a blessing) and is back at it today. Please continue to keep her in your prayers as I know it is weighing heavy on her heart to be away from Erin and to be out in the world of germs which she worries about bringing home especially in this heightened Flu season. As it turns out, just as I was getting ready to post this, Janet got home early from work....must have been another slow day in L&D and we are grateful for God's continued blessings!!

Nothing else to report really. We are at day 64 after the transplant and the next major milestone is the bone marrow biopsy around day 100 when we will find out how the new marrow is doing and if any leukemia is present. Thanks for checking in and for continuing to keep Erin in your prayers!

Blessings.....

Bill

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
- Psalms 118:24

3 comments:

Aunt Debbie said...

Thank God for shortened work days, I love them too! Thanks Bill for reminding us we need to start praying for a clean bone marrow biopsy. Love to the whole family from our family. :)

Anonymous said...

I continue to lift Erin up for healing, strength, and lessening of symptons. I am praying for peace for Janet & Bill and the avoidance of any nasty bugs that might get brought home. I've added the clean bone marrow biopsy today. Now that even when you don't hear from us, the Bishop's are praying multiple times each day. -Tracy Bishop

Lisa Johnson said...

Hey Bill, just wanted to let you know that we love you all. We continue to pray for Erin and all of you morning and evening. what a blessing to be able to be home and enojoy a beauitful fall day. 65 and counting! You are over half way. We continue to trust God to heal Erin deep in her bones.