Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting to go home again

Praising the Lord for a beautiful morning and the opportunity to go home again. Erin just has to prove she can take her pills and hold them down. She walked 4 laps yesterday after the biopsy. She only did that because they told her she might get to go home last night if she walked. Well, as always the left hand and the right don't always have the same info. So, Erin had another long night in here. The transplant Doc came by last night and told us they are very happy with the donor selected. They can only tell us their gender, age and if they are local. Unfortunately, she didn't know that info last night but she did know that the person is A+ blood type, so Erin won't have to convert her type. And you know she is happy being A+ because she has always strived for A+s in school. She identifies with her blood type!! She also said there are 10 markers on the cell and this donor matches all 10 so that is awesome!! They hope to get the bone marrow biopsy results today and if all is neg, we will get the donor going with further testing, hoping to do the transplant in a month. Everything is up in the air until the donor is ready. Please pray that the donor is ready and willing and HEALTHY!! Praising God for people who are willing to give such an amazing gift!!

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:9-10

Blessings on all of you for continuing to pray for Erin!! May your harvest be plentiful!! love, janet

15 comments:

busy mom said...

Praying for Erin and for her donor. ALways remember you are loved!---The Fredericksen's

Treonas said...

Praying for Erin and the donor also. I hope you can go home today, just being home is good medicine itself! Love you guys.

Aunt Freddie said...

That is wonderful news about the donor, it sounds like a perfect match.

Hopefully we will hear that the biopsy results are good, and you are at home tonight so that you can be comfortable in your own house.

We love you and we're praying for you.

Love Aunt Freddie & Uncle Rick

Anonymous said...

Erin - you have always been A+ with our family! We love you and look forward to the news of your coming home.

Robin Lambright said...

AWESOME news about the donor! 10 out 10 is amazing and defiantly an example of God provision.

Blessings
Robin

The Bledsoe Family said...

ALthough we haven't been able to type much...we are keeping up..and conitnueing to lift you all...just wanted to pop in today to say that we love you and are continuing to pray!!!

Dorothy Harden said...

Great news about the donor match! God is good! "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 Praying that you'll be home when you get to read this and enjoy rest in your own bed tonight!

Blessings and peace,
Dorothy

Rosie said...

A person only has to spend 5 minutes with you to know you are truly an A+!! Praying for you, Erin, and for your donor.

brittanydyan said...

I didn't know that people could convert their blood types. How interesting...but good that Erin doesn't have to give up the A+ :) It's clearly the right blood for her.

I am praying for this donor to be ready and willing and healthy. I continue to pray that you are comfortable and hopeful!

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."
Numbers 6: 24-26

Crystal said...

Great news! Pryaing for negative bone marrow bx results, and for a healthy donor! Lifting her name every time you all come into my thoughts.

Unknown said...

We are so glad to hear good news about heading home soon and about the donor match, and so thankful that you are relying on the strength of the Lord.

Love ya!

Dr. Ken said...

Hello Miss Erin,

Pears, peanut butter and peas. Now we have to work these ingredients into our new and improved formula. I'm not sure how they'll blend in with the M&M's, but anything is possible I guess.

At this point I'll confess that I haven't been contacted to be your marrow donor, in spite of also having A+ blood. Truly, I can't imagine being able to offer such a special gift to someone as deserving as yourself. The ready and willing part would not be a problem. However, my not being your donor should relieve you of your concern of growing a beard and short white hair one day.

We hope to deliver our special medicinal formula to you in person soon. Hopefully, at your home. Until then, you have

All Our Love and Prayers!

Dr. Ken of the
Blessing-Moore-Butts Team.

Aunt Debbie said...

I was going to write "anxiously waiting" for the biopsy results, but the good Lord reminded me of this verse:
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God: and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus". Phil 4:6&7.
I know He has everything under control!
FYI...I am also A+, AND with me you don't have to worry about facial hair or short white hair! Although, you would be blessed with too big of a butt, and maybe a little gray under the auburn color hair you'll get with the deal. :) Love ya bunches! Aunt Debbie

Meg Zilske said...

To all the Blonshines. I heard from JoEllen that Erin did get to go home yesterday. What a trooper. Such great news about a donor! Continued prayers for Erin as well as for all of you. God Bless.

Meg Zilske

Bob Gilbert said...

You Go Girl!

My precious Erin,

I spent an hour in prayer this morning for you, your family, and your donor. I have a peace about you right now which I distinctly recall having the last time you were in this fight. I so much want to come and visit with you so we can jointly thank God for what he is about to do for your welfare. Is it allowable for me to visit? If so, when might you most need the company of a friend and brother? I will come at 3:00 in the morning if that is when you could use me the most!

Hang Tough and know I Love You,

Bob Gilbert