Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year


Hello Prayer Warriors,

Thanks for the prayers! We just got back from our weekly visit to the clinic. Erin's numbers are holding stable. Her liver enzymes are still a bit high but have not increased, so that is good. Everything else looks good. Her skin isn't itching as much and she has been able to sleep better, thank the Good Lord! She is still on steroids so she feels great. We had a treat at the clinic today. While Erin was in getting her labs drawn, I looked over, and I realized Trisha Yearwood was there supporting a patient. Of course everyone in the clinic has to wear a mask, so I couldn't see her whole face, but it was her. So when Erin came out from her labs, I asked Trisha if we could get a photo of her with Erin. She was very gracious and asked about Erin's cancer etc. It was a delightful surprise. Erin made a New Year's resolution to take a photo every day, so she had her camera with her. Very cool. It made Erin's day, and it will definitely make her photo album!! I am trying to add it on here too.

Over the last couple of weeks, Erin has been saying she wished she could get a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation, but it is only for "kids". She said her wish would be to get a sideline pass for the Georgia Bulldogs and get to wear a headphone and stand there with all the players etc. I told her I thought she was aiming low (no offense to all the UGA fans), and should ask to meet Sandra Bullock or something really big. So of course she threw it back at me and said o.k., make that happen! You know how these conversations go... anyway, I told her today I thought meeting Trisha should fulfill her wish! Wasn't that a sweet gift from God to make Erin's day brighter? He is thoughtful that way.

Again, thanks for the prayers. love, janet
"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his Holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103: 1-5

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! What a treat today. I just love how God cares for every detail of our life, no matter how big or small. I love the resolution about taking a picture today, that is really something neat to do! I'm praying for you guys. I look forward to Wednesday's now to read your blog... : ) Terry R.

Ledons said...

Our angel Erin is now hanging among the stars!!!!! What an awesome pic and an amazing experience. George just looked at the picture and said "I don't think I've ever seen Erin without a smile on her face." You go Erin!!!!
Love,
The Ledons

Adrienne said...

That is such an experience Erin! A clinic visit is not the best thing, but Trisha Yearwood being there changes the dynamic. I bet the clinic will never look the same now:o) Keep pushing strong so that this year can truly be your year!

Unknown said...

How fun to meet a celeb!

We are thankful for the good numbers news, and feeling great and will continue praying!

Love,
The Stills

LindaLou said...

Love the hat!!