Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So Far, So Good....Home Tonight?

Hello friends.....Bill here,

Erin did pretty well yesterday and last night and there are several praises. The doctors were able to straighten out the loop in her port using a wire and get it oriented correctly late yesterday morning. Erin said it was not fun but it is way better than having to get it replaced. She received blood, had her second chemo dose in the early afternoon, had a late lunch and slept through most of the afternoon. Although she initially did not want any dinner, I think the smell of good food from Boston Market got her appetite going and she had a light dinner. No nausea...another praise! Laura visited for a while and then went to hear author William Young speak at Buckhead church. For those of you who have read "The Shack", you know what a cool book that is. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it as a great work of fiction that provides an interesting perspective on God (it's very sad and tough going in the first part, but a great read). I will be interested to hear about his talk from Laura.

Last night I thought we were going to get kicked out of our room for making too much noise! Amanda and Kyle came to hang out and Tom brought his backgammon set and between rousing backgammon games and flipping between Georgia baseball and Wipeout we got a little rowdy! I'm not sure what it says about us when we laugh so hard watching people on TV getting physically pummelled?? I told Erin we might have to stay tonight to watch Georgia in the final game since they got blown out last night...she said no way! So, we expect to get her last 3 hour dose at 1:00 pm and a single shot of the L-Asparaginase (the new drug) at 5:00 pm and should be released an hour later. Please pray for no reaction or side effects with the new drug so we can get home tonight. This morning Erin said that the rib pain is improved...yet another praise!

Janet was supposed to start back to work today which was a real emotional challenge for her to be away from Erin while she is still in the hospital. It turns out things were slow today at the baby factory so they let her go out on call (in case they need her) and she was able to come be with Erin at least for a while..... so that's another praise! Along with praying for Janet to have a smooth return to work, please pray that God will equip me to pick up more of the active support role for Erin over the next few weeks while she completes this round and recovers! Janet has set such a high standard of care, it will be hard to maintain. Fortunately, I know I will have family helping me and the awesome prayer support of all you dear friends to carry us through!

Sorry to be so long-winded...I will close for now and leave you with my favorite scripture which I have posted in the past but it remains the verse I refer to over and over again....


Blessings......Bill

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " - Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YES YES YES

We are happy over here, too. Leah got the good news she is allowed to chew very soft food.

Erin and Leah are both miracle girls.

The Stills said...

Sounding good Erin! We hope and pray that the next post is from HOME! Yay!